Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in tour

the tour is exciting and amazing. People in the village is nice. hope to visit again in other... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jianghual2019
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Excellent tours; genuinely improving community life in Cambodia

Hoksan is amazing; my friends and I have so much admiration for how he uses this organization to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MelanieLux
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

All reviews bird watching bird sanctuary village tour local community smaller boat nesting birds floating gardens tourist dollars viewing platform tonle sap amazing trip eye opening unique experience highly recommend this tour day tour two days binoculars
Reviewed January 13, 2019

We had a wonderful day on the Prek Toal Bird Watching and Village tour. With so many activities in the Siem Reap area, it is hard to choose what to do but I am glad we picked this eco friendly tour. It is unique and special. It stood out as a highlight over our two week trip in Cambodia and Vietnam. My only regret is that we did not have the time to do the homestay.

Sophal was our amazing guide. He is a remarkable young gentleman who volunteers his time on top of his regular his job. He is very dedicated to conservation and cares a lot about the work that Mr. Hoksan does. I noted how he wants to do similar work himself and has great respect for Mr. Hoksan. I felt fortunate in having him as our guide. His friendliness is infectious and we really enjoyed our day with him. He knew a lot about birds and showed us pictures of them on the way so we could try spotting the various species on our own.

The tour itself was incredible. The journey to and from the reserve was fun with beautiful scenery. Seeing that many birds in one place was amazing and the tour supplied really good binoculars so we could see them up close. The floating village was fascinating. Sophal gave us a really good tour which included visiting a temple, classroom, and a viewpoint. We learned a lot about the village and how the people live.

We also really enjoyed meeting Mr. Hoksan. It was easy to book with him. We arranged to leave the fee with our hotel ahead of time and he stayed in close communication to assure us that everything was taken care of. He is incredibly generous and accommodating. I was nervous to explore the village via paddle boat because I am prone to sea sickness and he arranged last minute for me to see the village by motorboat instead free of charge. He accommodated our vegetarian diet and we had for lunch the best food on our entire trip.

This tour is a great way to give a little back. Mr. Hoksan uses the profits from these tours to invest in his community. We visited a house he built for a local family and Sophal told us about the other projects Mr. Hoksan is involved with to improve conditions in the village. If you are considering a Prek Toal tour look no further - this tour has it all.

Date of experience: December 2018
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Dear Mrs. Erin,

Greeting from Hoksan, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

We are happy to meet and serves you during trip with us for Prek Toal Bird Watching and Village tour. And we would like to say big thanks for taking a values time to shared your appreciates trip experience and about our works for the community in Prek Toal.

Actually, to get closer into our villagers and about our living on the floating village including how to live on floating house along the Sangke River. So, we hope that, you could take this unique experience with our local family host, especially your booking with me, Hoksan, is a local owned tour from this village, Prek Toal.

Yes, you are right! We are always help each other and doing volunteers jobs with non-salary because we want to made our villagers in the village having an extra income from guest’s tour and also supporting into poorer families with our development’s project that we working on.

Actually, I want to shares all of our real life on the floating village to people, especially about my life in this villages. So that why we would like you and other guests to make their holiday or expectation trip with the local villager like us from this village, then you will know how we survives of our living and others activities.

Your supporting and all arrangement trip with us, which means that you are always keep and allow me to continue our works into my community back, both of our tour’s arrangement and our projects.

Anyway, I would like to say big thanks from the bottom of my heart for your arrangement tour with our local owned and also sharing your experience during you trip with us.

We wish you all the best, happiness and successful to all of your careers and plans. And we look forward to welcoming you to our village again soon.

Hoksan AN

Reviewed January 9, 2019

If you were thinking of a tour to the Tonle Sap biosphere nature reserve your search should stop here. Mr Hoksan was more than just a guide. He is a passionate birder, eco warrior, community caretaker and an excellent baby sitter rolled into one. On top of an excellent tour it is fantastic to know that the proceeds of the tour is channeled back both to the community and to the nature reserve. Went for the tour with my husband and 10 month old baby and have so many good things to say I hardly know when to start.

Honest and accommodating - booked very last minute and didn't have time to transfer the payment before leaving for Cambodia. Mr Hoksan took the bother to travel all the way to the hotel to collect it saving us the inconvenience of arranging a transfer there and transfer fees. Initially had concerns about handing over the complete payment but such worry was groundless. The transaction was professional with a prepared invoice and clearly there were no issues with the tour later.

Punctuality - in all our dealing with Mr Hoksan he was not just on time but usually 10 minutes early. No need to worry about missed times or wrong dates that I hear happens for alot of other Cambodian guides.

Professional birder - for the serious twitchers (birders) no worries. Mr Hoksan is one of the best guides I have met (and I am an amateur nature guide myself). He knows his birds is familar with their habits and knows the best spots to bring you tp. In fact at the bird hide he was there answering the questions of other tourists even whose guides did not accompany them up. You can practically feel his enthusiasm as he hunts for the elusive Milky storks. For the casual birders he is armed with books, pictoral guides and binoculars. Tou are in excellant hands.

PROFESSIONAL baby sitter - Did you know Mr Hoksan previously looked after the village children before this job? My baby was fussing abit in the heat and during the long boat ride and he expertly peek-a-booed her into smiles (and she loved his singing). As if that wasnt enough he is armed with two wonderful sisters who even babysat at his house so that I could eat in peace. If there are any parents looking for a child friendly tour - this is it.

Socially responsible - Mr Hoksan does not just reuse the funds from the tour to help his village he also runs various projects to help poor villagers/reforestation. Rather than pay a middleman/tour company I am very happy to hear that the money we are paying for the tour is also being used to help the Prek Toal company.

Long story short - Responsible, trustworthy and extremely enjoyable this tour has something for everyone and Mr Hoksan will make it the highlight of your holiday!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

This was a great tour and definitely worth the money. We just had a one day tour, but would probably opt for the Homestay the next time. Our guide, Va, was amazing. His English was really good, he had a lot of knowledge and we simply had a great time. We brought our own binoculars but were provided bigger ones when we got to the viewing point.
One thing, that was strange to us (only in the beginning) was that Hoksan came to our hotel beforehand to collect the money in cash. That just seemed weird to us but when we met him everything was very professional and we were sure to be in good hands.

Date of experience: December 2018
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2018

Dear Tontiloni,

Greetings from Hoksan AN, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks for you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five-star review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and all of our arrangements during tours at our village, especially the tour to do "Prek Toal bird watching and village tour" on those date.

With our Prek Toal Home Stay, which is host by the villagers and shared houses with the family in the village during your stay. So that would be great if you could stay overnight there, because it will help you to get to know our villagers living and doing on the floating houses as they are fishermen and women.

Thanks for your feedback about our guide, actually we always providing the binoculars that you can watching birds during trip.

As we are locally owned and a small family business; is 100% supporting only our local villagers in Prek Toal floating village and our village development projects that we created and keep in working currently.
So, for every guest booking we always ask to our guests to settle before departure date. Because we also need to spend to our local villagers and all services in the same day after every tour are finished. Because we want them to get an extra job out of the fishing career; to sustainable of their living in each day with this income by taking guests tour around the village, foods and stay.

We do our best to serves you and every guest to get an experience about our local life on the floating village and other tours arrangements. So, your arrangement and bookings through us, which is very helpful to allow us to help our villagers for their living too.

Thanks again for your support of our locally owned tours and travel. We wish you and your family all the best in your life, happiness, healthy and successful to all of your working and planning.

If there is anything else that you may need to know or any interesting and want to do donation into our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”, please feel free to contact me anytime.

I am more than happy to serves you, your family and your friends for their trip to our village or other arrangements in Cambodia.

Mr. Hoksan

Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Mr. Hoksan was the best host we could have ever asked for. Him and his staff fetched us from our hotel, sharing with us conversation, culture, and a few laughs along the way to the river. Once there, we boarded a boat outfitted with a speaker for music and refreshments. During every step of the journey, our group was so well cared for. Mr. Hoksan even offered to help us take photos. We arrived at his home to enjoy a homemade lunch by his family. I was blown away by their generousity and hospitality in opening their home to us. After that, we took their boats over to the floating pagoda where Mr. Hoksan and staff even taught each of us how to conduct a Buddhist prayer/blessing. We made some other stops, getting the chance to fully emerge into village life. Every single moment of the day was so well thought out and considerate of making our experience the most special. I would recommend this tour to anyone and will only bring my group back to Mr. Hoksan in the future! Thank you so much!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Hoksan is a young entrepreneur who established Prek Toal Tours and Travel as part of his broader initiatives to promote and support the community that he's from.
I was part of a local NGO group that engaged Hoksan to take us around the floating villages and to see the local sights. Hoksan was an extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional guide who genuinely seeks to provide his guests an insight into the life and beauty of his community.

For people who are after sustainable and genuine experiences of Cambodia - that is, an opportunity to engage meaningfully and ethically with the people of Prek Toal, share a meal with them and learn about life in Cambodia, then Prek Toal Tours & Travel (and Homestay) is highly recommended. Hoksan will take you to his home where you will share a meal with his family. Not only will you be giving back to the community you will be visiting, but you'll also be supporting a very genuine and bright individual committed to improving the lives of people in Prek Toal.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank reneemwc
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Chan,

I appreciated for your taking a values time to shared your feedback about our works for the community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that I have a chance to collaboration with you and your team.

On behalf of my community, Prek Toal villagers. We would like to express our deep appreciation for the help and support that you have offered to my community. I feel very grateful to you and your team for spending your valuable time in working hard with the eyes screening clinic in Prek Toal.

Actually, I am very happy to help my community to get better health, a better environment of living and life. I am always working and looking for supporting organizations in Cambodia and also outside the country.

To other visitor and guests want get an experience and support into our local villager’s owned tours and community projects. And all of you booking trip with us and donation into our projects; then it means that you allow us to continue to support into our community.

I am Hoksan and family, also my villagers are looking forward to seeing you again for next visit and also your friends and family.

I wish all the best and successful to all of your careers.

Hoksan AN