Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in tour

the tour is exciting and amazing. People in the village is nice. hope to visit again in other... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
jianghual2019
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Excellent tours; genuinely improving community life in Cambodia

Hoksan is amazing; my friends and I have so much admiration for how he uses this organization to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MelanieLux
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

All reviews bird watching bird sanctuary village tour local community smaller boat nesting birds floating gardens tourist dollars viewing platform tonle sap amazing trip eye opening unique experience highly recommend this tour day tour two days binoculars
Reviewed January 9, 2019

If you were thinking of a tour to the Tonle Sap biosphere nature reserve your search should stop here. Mr Hoksan was more than just a guide. He is a passionate birder, eco warrior, community caretaker and an excellent baby sitter rolled into one. On top of an excellent tour it is fantastic to know that the proceeds of the tour is channeled back both to the community and to the nature reserve. Went for the tour with my husband and 10 month old baby and have so many good things to say I hardly know when to start.

Honest and accommodating - booked very last minute and didn't have time to transfer the payment before leaving for Cambodia. Mr Hoksan took the bother to travel all the way to the hotel to collect it saving us the inconvenience of arranging a transfer there and transfer fees. Initially had concerns about handing over the complete payment but such worry was groundless. The transaction was professional with a prepared invoice and clearly there were no issues with the tour later.

Punctuality - in all our dealing with Mr Hoksan he was not just on time but usually 10 minutes early. No need to worry about missed times or wrong dates that I hear happens for alot of other Cambodian guides.

Professional birder - for the serious twitchers (birders) no worries. Mr Hoksan is one of the best guides I have met (and I am an amateur nature guide myself). He knows his birds is familar with their habits and knows the best spots to bring you tp. In fact at the bird hide he was there answering the questions of other tourists even whose guides did not accompany them up. You can practically feel his enthusiasm as he hunts for the elusive Milky storks. For the casual birders he is armed with books, pictoral guides and binoculars. Tou are in excellant hands.

PROFESSIONAL baby sitter - Did you know Mr Hoksan previously looked after the village children before this job? My baby was fussing abit in the heat and during the long boat ride and he expertly peek-a-booed her into smiles (and she loved his singing). As if that wasnt enough he is armed with two wonderful sisters who even babysat at his house so that I could eat in peace. If there are any parents looking for a child friendly tour - this is it.

Socially responsible - Mr Hoksan does not just reuse the funds from the tour to help his village he also runs various projects to help poor villagers/reforestation. Rather than pay a middleman/tour company I am very happy to hear that the money we are paying for the tour is also being used to help the Prek Toal company.

Long story short - Responsible, trustworthy and extremely enjoyable this tour has something for everyone and Mr Hoksan will make it the highlight of your holiday!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

This was a great tour and definitely worth the money. We just had a one day tour, but would probably opt for the Homestay the next time. Our guide, Va, was amazing. His English was really good, he had a lot of knowledge and we simply had a great time. We brought our own binoculars but were provided bigger ones when we got to the viewing point.
One thing, that was strange to us (only in the beginning) was that Hoksan came to our hotel beforehand to collect the money in cash. That just seemed weird to us but when we met him everything was very professional and we were sure to be in good hands.

Date of experience: December 2018
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2018

Dear Tontiloni,

Greetings from Hoksan AN, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks for you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five-star review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and all of our arrangements during tours at our village, especially the tour to do "Prek Toal bird watching and village tour" on those date.

With our Prek Toal Home Stay, which is host by the villagers and shared houses with the family in the village during your stay. So that would be great if you could stay overnight there, because it will help you to get to know our villagers living and doing on the floating houses as they are fishermen and women.

Thanks for your feedback about our guide, actually we always providing the binoculars that you can watching birds during trip.

As we are locally owned and a small family business; is 100% supporting only our local villagers in Prek Toal floating village and our village development projects that we created and keep in working currently.
So, for every guest booking we always ask to our guests to settle before departure date. Because we also need to spend to our local villagers and all services in the same day after every tour are finished. Because we want them to get an extra job out of the fishing career; to sustainable of their living in each day with this income by taking guests tour around the village, foods and stay.

We do our best to serves you and every guest to get an experience about our local life on the floating village and other tours arrangements. So, your arrangement and bookings through us, which is very helpful to allow us to help our villagers for their living too.

Thanks again for your support of our locally owned tours and travel. We wish you and your family all the best in your life, happiness, healthy and successful to all of your working and planning.

If there is anything else that you may need to know or any interesting and want to do donation into our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”, please feel free to contact me anytime.

I am more than happy to serves you, your family and your friends for their trip to our village or other arrangements in Cambodia.

Warm regards,

Mr. Hoksan

Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Mr. Hoksan was the best host we could have ever asked for. Him and his staff fetched us from our hotel, sharing with us conversation, culture, and a few laughs along the way to the river. Once there, we boarded a boat outfitted with a speaker for music and refreshments. During every step of the journey, our group was so well cared for. Mr. Hoksan even offered to help us take photos. We arrived at his home to enjoy a homemade lunch by his family. I was blown away by their generousity and hospitality in opening their home to us. After that, we took their boats over to the floating pagoda where Mr. Hoksan and staff even taught each of us how to conduct a Buddhist prayer/blessing. We made some other stops, getting the chance to fully emerge into village life. Every single moment of the day was so well thought out and considerate of making our experience the most special. I would recommend this tour to anyone and will only bring my group back to Mr. Hoksan in the future! Thank you so much!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Hoksan is a young entrepreneur who established Prek Toal Tours and Travel as part of his broader initiatives to promote and support the community that he's from.
I was part of a local NGO group that engaged Hoksan to take us around the floating villages and to see the local sights. Hoksan was an extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional guide who genuinely seeks to provide his guests an insight into the life and beauty of his community.

For people who are after sustainable and genuine experiences of Cambodia - that is, an opportunity to engage meaningfully and ethically with the people of Prek Toal, share a meal with them and learn about life in Cambodia, then Prek Toal Tours & Travel (and Homestay) is highly recommended. Hoksan will take you to his home where you will share a meal with his family. Not only will you be giving back to the community you will be visiting, but you'll also be supporting a very genuine and bright individual committed to improving the lives of people in Prek Toal.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank reneemwc
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Chan,

I appreciated for your taking a values time to shared your feedback about our works for the community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that I have a chance to collaboration with you and your team.

On behalf of my community, Prek Toal villagers. We would like to express our deep appreciation for the help and support that you have offered to my community. I feel very grateful to you and your team for spending your valuable time in working hard with the eyes screening clinic in Prek Toal.

Actually, I am very happy to help my community to get better health, a better environment of living and life. I am always working and looking for supporting organizations in Cambodia and also outside the country.

To other visitor and guests want get an experience and support into our local villager’s owned tours and community projects. And all of you booking trip with us and donation into our projects; then it means that you allow us to continue to support into our community.

I am Hoksan and family, also my villagers are looking forward to seeing you again for next visit and also your friends and family.

I wish all the best and successful to all of your careers.

Warm regards,

Hoksan AN

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with the family of Mr Hoksan for one night in their floating house in the floating village of Prek Toal. It was a very special experience to stay in this remote village where it feels like time has stopped. We really enjoyed visiting the local school and the fishermen working on the lake. Also the food that was prepared by a local family was great. To be short, can really, recommend!!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Hans073
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Mr. Hans073 and Family,

Greeting from Hoksan, locally owned from Prek Toal villager.

Thanks for choosing our locally owned tours and travel, who is support into our local community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stayed, our local home-made cooked by villagers and tours to get to know about our community activities of fishing and how they live on the floating houses with us on those date, especially you and your child are enjoying with the paddle boat and boat driver experiences.

As we are local villagers from this village (Prek Toal village), we are happy to welcome you all like: family holiday trip, private, couple and group to get experiences of our local community. We are more than happy to shares and to serves you with our local services; and for every arrangement tours and stay at our home stay, which is a powerful to help us to help our community sustainable and get an extra income to support their families’ life of living environment.

As you knew that, all the payments that you made with us are direct to the family host of the homestay and for their services after or before the tours start.

Anyways I would like to say thanks for your supporting and your continuing in the future to share and recommendation your experience with us to your friends, families and your colleges for their coming holiday in Cambodia in the future soon.

We wishes you and your family all the best and happiness forever in your life; also successful to all of your plans and careers.

I look forward to serves you and your families very soon.

With warmest regards,