Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience in tour

the tour is exciting and amazing. People in the village is nice. hope to visit again in other... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
jianghual2019
Bangkok, Thailand
via mobile
Excellent tours; genuinely improving community life in Cambodia

Hoksan is amazing; my friends and I have so much admiration for how he uses this organization to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MelanieLux
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg

All reviews bird watching bird sanctuary village tour local community smaller boat nesting birds floating gardens tourist dollars viewing platform tonle sap amazing trip eye opening unique experience highly recommend this tour day tour two days binoculars
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Hoksan is a young entrepreneur who established Prek Toal Tours and Travel as part of his broader initiatives to promote and support the community that he's from.
I was part of a local NGO group that engaged Hoksan to take us around the floating villages and to see the local sights. Hoksan was an extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional guide who genuinely seeks to provide his guests an insight into the life and beauty of his community.

For people who are after sustainable and genuine experiences of Cambodia - that is, an opportunity to engage meaningfully and ethically with the people of Prek Toal, share a meal with them and learn about life in Cambodia, then Prek Toal Tours & Travel (and Homestay) is highly recommended. Hoksan will take you to his home where you will share a meal with his family. Not only will you be giving back to the community you will be visiting, but you'll also be supporting a very genuine and bright individual committed to improving the lives of people in Prek Toal.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Renee C
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Chan,

I appreciated for your taking a values time to shared your feedback about our works for the community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that I have a chance to collaboration with you and your team.

On behalf of my community, Prek Toal villagers. We would like to express our deep appreciation for the help and support that you have offered to my community. I feel very grateful to you and your team for spending your valuable time in working hard with the eyes screening clinic in Prek Toal.

Actually, I am very happy to help my community to get better health, a better environment of living and life. I am always working and looking for supporting organizations in Cambodia and also outside the country.

To other visitor and guests want get an experience and support into our local villager’s owned tours and community projects. And all of you booking trip with us and donation into our projects; then it means that you allow us to continue to support into our community.

I am Hoksan and family, also my villagers are looking forward to seeing you again for next visit and also your friends and family.

I wish all the best and successful to all of your careers.

Warm regards,

Hoksan AN

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with the family of Mr Hoksan for one night in their floating house in the floating village of Prek Toal. It was a very special experience to stay in this remote village where it feels like time has stopped. We really enjoyed visiting the local school and the fishermen working on the lake. Also the food that was prepared by a local family was great. To be short, can really, recommend!!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Hans073
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Mr. Hans073 and Family,

Greeting from Hoksan, locally owned from Prek Toal villager.

Thanks for choosing our locally owned tours and travel, who is support into our local community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stayed, our local home-made cooked by villagers and tours to get to know about our community activities of fishing and how they live on the floating houses with us on those date, especially you and your child are enjoying with the paddle boat and boat driver experiences.

As we are local villagers from this village (Prek Toal village), we are happy to welcome you all like: family holiday trip, private, couple and group to get experiences of our local community. We are more than happy to shares and to serves you with our local services; and for every arrangement tours and stay at our home stay, which is a powerful to help us to help our community sustainable and get an extra income to support their families’ life of living environment.

As you knew that, all the payments that you made with us are direct to the family host of the homestay and for their services after or before the tours start.

Anyways I would like to say thanks for your supporting and your continuing in the future to share and recommendation your experience with us to your friends, families and your colleges for their coming holiday in Cambodia in the future soon.

We wishes you and your family all the best and happiness forever in your life; also successful to all of your plans and careers.

I look forward to serves you and your families very soon.

With warmest regards,

AN Hoksan,

Reviewed April 10, 2018

To visit something so different to what you've ever experienced before leaves you slightly lost for words. It is difficult to comprehend how people can live their lives in such a manor but they certainly seem to be thriving, not sure how the rainy season would be for them however. It is surreal to see boats delivering goods and supplies to both individual homes and shops. We enjoyed a meal in a community restaurant where the hospitality was fantastic and the food to a high standard. An excellent and enjoyable experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I booked this trip for my husband's birthday because birdwatching is one of his favorite pastimes, but little did I know that the day in Prek Toal would give us so much more. Sopol (not sure I spelled that right), Mr. Hoksan's brother-in-law was our phenomenal tour guide and we are so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the day with him in his wife's village. The first part of the day consisted of visiting the bird sanctuary, we visited during the dry season, but I think my husband was able to identify at least 9 new species of birds. The drive/boat rides out to the sanctuary are an experience in and of themselves. We loved strolling past the floating villages and watching the fisherman along the river. While the stairs up to the lookout, especially in the dry season, are not for the faint of heart, we never felt unsafe and even our 9 year old was able to climb up and down with no problem. Once up there, we'd never seen so many birds in one place! Literally thousands. Once back in the village we were welcomed to Mr. Hoksan's home and ate a delicious lunch and enjoyed a visit and blessing from a local monk. We then toured around Prek Toul, a floating village with a poplulation of over 7,000! We saw the school, the pagoda, and made a few other stops in the village. Mr. Sopol escorted us back to our hotel where we were greeted by Mr. Hoksan. The day was a truly eye opening and unique experience and will stay with us forever. Mr. Hoksan also uses a large portion of the money earned from these tours to give back to his community, we were able to visit a new home that was gifted by Mr. Hoksan to a man who was living on a boat with his wife and five children. It was a wonderful day for our entire family.

Date of experience: April 2018
anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear linderlou6,

Greetings from Hoksan AN, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five star review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and all of our arrangements during tours at our village, especially the tour to do the Prek Toal bird watching and blessing by showering water from the monks in the village for your husband’s birthday.

Mr. Sophal is our team member who works for my community and also the husband of my young sister. I am sorry that I could not join you and your family during the trip because I was busy with my work for the community in the project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”.

We are happy to serve you and your family, because we would like to share our community to the world and work hard to make our community get better and better with our projects and Prek Toal Tours & Travel.

As I was born from this village, I knew how hard our villagers work and support their life only from fishing in the lake and rivers. Most of the families in the village are poor and find it hard to earn money from fishing because the level of water on the lake is always changing, including the weather as well.

So we are trying to support and help our poor families who could not survive financially, by providing guest tours around the village, guest stays with “Prek Toal Tours & Travel” and also through our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life” and other projects that we have done and keep continuing.
With us, 100% invested to our community from every guests tours with us; and also our projects for the village.

Thanks again for your support of our locally owned tours and travel company which works for the community and also for your donation into our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”.

I wish you and your family all the best in your life including happiness, healthy and all the future planned.

If there is anything else that you may need to know or any arrangements, please feel free to contact me anytime. I am more than happy to serves you and friends as we can.

Warm regards,

Hoksan AN

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a day tour to the bird sanctuary and floating village. Hoksan was the perfect guide and host helping us to see many different birds and explaining all that is happening in the village. He described how the local people live and the projects he is involved with to sustain and improve life for the villagers. Meeting his family for lunch was a pleasure. The whole day was a highlight of our holiday.

Date of experience: March 2018