Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Authentic homestay in floating village

Reviewed July 31, 2018
Hans073
Breda, The Netherlands
via mobile
Eye Opening Experience

Reviewed April 10, 2018
Steppin-owt
London, United Kingdom

All reviews bird sanctuary bird watching floating gardens amazing trip local community highly recommend this tour tonle sap eagles boats hyacinth fishing project village school route insight mr
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with the family of Mr Hoksan for one night in their floating house in the floating village of Prek Toal. It was a very special experience to stay in this remote village where it feels like time has stopped. We really enjoyed visiting the local school and the fishermen working on the lake. Also the food that was prepared by a local family was great. To be short, can really, recommend!!

anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Mr. Hans073 and Family,

Greeting from Hoksan, locally owned from Prek Toal villager.

Thanks for choosing our locally owned tours and travel, who is support into our local community, Prek Toal.

I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stayed, our local home-made cooked by villagers and tours to get to know about our community activities of fishing and how they live on the floating houses with us on those date, especially you and your child are enjoying with the paddle boat and boat driver experiences.

As we are local villagers from this village (Prek Toal village), we are happy to welcome you all like: family holiday trip, private, couple and group to get experiences of our local community. We are more than happy to shares and to serves you with our local services; and for every arrangement tours and stay at our home stay, which is a powerful to help us to help our community sustainable and get an extra income to support their families’ life of living environment.

As you knew that, all the payments that you made with us are direct to the family host of the homestay and for their services after or before the tours start.

Anyways I would like to say thanks for your supporting and your continuing in the future to share and recommendation your experience with us to your friends, families and your colleges for their coming holiday in Cambodia in the future soon.

We wishes you and your family all the best and happiness forever in your life; also successful to all of your plans and careers.

I look forward to serves you and your families very soon.

With warmest regards,

AN Hoksan,

Reviewed April 10, 2018

To visit something so different to what you've ever experienced before leaves you slightly lost for words. It is difficult to comprehend how people can live their lives in such a manor but they certainly seem to be thriving, not sure how the rainy season would be for them however. It is surreal to see boats delivering goods and supplies to both individual homes and shops. We enjoyed a meal in a community restaurant where the hospitality was fantastic and the food to a high standard. An excellent and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I booked this trip for my husband's birthday because birdwatching is one of his favorite pastimes, but little did I know that the day in Prek Toal would give us so much more. Sopol (not sure I spelled that right), Mr. Hoksan's brother-in-law was our phenomenal tour guide and we are so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the day with him in his wife's village. The first part of the day consisted of visiting the bird sanctuary, we visited during the dry season, but I think my husband was able to identify at least 9 new species of birds. The drive/boat rides out to the sanctuary are an experience in and of themselves. We loved strolling past the floating villages and watching the fisherman along the river. While the stairs up to the lookout, especially in the dry season, are not for the faint of heart, we never felt unsafe and even our 9 year old was able to climb up and down with no problem. Once up there, we'd never seen so many birds in one place! Literally thousands. Once back in the village we were welcomed to Mr. Hoksan's home and ate a delicious lunch and enjoyed a visit and blessing from a local monk. We then toured around Prek Toul, a floating village with a poplulation of over 7,000! We saw the school, the pagoda, and made a few other stops in the village. Mr. Sopol escorted us back to our hotel where we were greeted by Mr. Hoksan. The day was a truly eye opening and unique experience and will stay with us forever. Mr. Hoksan also uses a large portion of the money earned from these tours to give back to his community, we were able to visit a new home that was gifted by Mr. Hoksan to a man who was living on a boat with his wife and five children. It was a wonderful day for our entire family.

anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear linderlou6,

Greetings from Hoksan AN, from Prek Toal Tours & Travel!

Thanks you taking your valued time to share the experience with us on TripAdvisor for a five star review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your trip with us and all of our arrangements during tours at our village, especially the tour to do the Prek Toal bird watching and blessing by showering water from the monks in the village for your husband’s birthday.

Mr. Sophal is our team member who works for my community and also the husband of my young sister. I am sorry that I could not join you and your family during the trip because I was busy with my work for the community in the project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”.

We are happy to serve you and your family, because we would like to share our community to the world and work hard to make our community get better and better with our projects and Prek Toal Tours & Travel.

As I was born from this village, I knew how hard our villagers work and support their life only from fishing in the lake and rivers. Most of the families in the village are poor and find it hard to earn money from fishing because the level of water on the lake is always changing, including the weather as well.

So we are trying to support and help our poor families who could not survive financially, by providing guest tours around the village, guest stays with “Prek Toal Tours & Travel” and also through our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life” and other projects that we have done and keep continuing.
With us, 100% invested to our community from every guests tours with us; and also our projects for the village.

Thanks again for your support of our locally owned tours and travel company which works for the community and also for your donation into our project of “Prek Toal Home and Life”.

I wish you and your family all the best in your life including happiness, healthy and all the future planned.

If there is anything else that you may need to know or any arrangements, please feel free to contact me anytime. I am more than happy to serves you and friends as we can.

Warm regards,

Hoksan AN

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We had a day tour to the bird sanctuary and floating village. Hoksan was the perfect guide and host helping us to see many different birds and explaining all that is happening in the village. He described how the local people live and the projects he is involved with to sustain and improve life for the villagers. Meeting his family for lunch was a pleasure. The whole day was a highlight of our holiday.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We did the bird watching and floatig village tour and it was fantastic! Mr Hoksan is a local and knows this area very well. He told us a lot about the birds, nature, village and the people who live there. It was a real insight in the locals life. Mr Hoksan has a great eye for the birds. He found even the smallest birds in a far distance. He even gave us his own camera because we just had our phone-cameras and we could get the pictures via Dropbox.
After a good meal in his own house we had a small trip to a tower so we could see the whole floating village.
Just a tip: Ask Mr Hoksan to show you whats inside the wooden boxes next to the tower ;)
It is also mentionable that Mr Hoksan does a lot of work for the comunity. He helps the poor and does a lot of charity work. During the tour you could see that the money you spend does not go to a big company but to the local projets that help the village.

anhoksan, Owner at Prek Toal Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

Dear Karlis B,

Greetings from Hoksan AN, from Prek Toal floating village, a local owned of Prek Toal Tours & Travel and Prek Toal Home Stay.

THANKS for taking the time to share your positive review of 5 stars with all detail during your trip with us.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your trip with us for the bird watching your and village tour in Prek Toal.

I am happy to serve you as we can and shares with you about our rural life style of living on the floating houses and history of the village from the beginning till current situation. With only their fishing careers to support families economic to sustainable life.

Actually, it is my experience with my loving birds and nature, so I am keep looking and finding any birds to show to our guests during tours or non-tours.

I am also happy that you enjoyed with our local home-made meal which is cooked by our local villagers with a local taste.

Our Prek Toal Tours & Travel and also myself (Hoksan) are focusing and fully supported to community from our heart as I knew all the hard works of the fishing men and women on the floating village.

Yes sure, we are doing the payment immediately in the same day to the villagers and drivers because the villagers want to have money after finished their working service as they need that money to support the daily foods and the family need. We are not a big company who do the payment at the end of the month and some of business take more than one month, we don’t like that.

Thanks again for time and I wishes you and family all the best and I look forward to seeing you again in the future coming soon.

With warmest regards,