“Best tour guide ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angkor Private Tour Guide - Day Tours

Angkor Private Tour Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #74 of 788 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the very best English Angkor Private Tour Guide in Siem Reap, Cambodia! I am honored to introduce myself to you. My name is Rethy Ly, a professional licensed tour operator for the Angkor Temple Complex and surrounding areas. For over 10 years, I have given in-depth tours of the Temples of Angkor and surrounding areas to tourists from all over the world. My knowledge of all aspects of temple details, history, and ancient Cambodian culture is the best you will find. I speak fluent English, and take great pride in providing my tour clients with the experience of their lives by sharing my beautiful Cambodian history and culture. I offer only private individual and small group tours designed especially for you. I look forward to sharing my culture with you on your dream vacation soon!
New York City, New York
“Best tour guide ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rethy Ly is one of the main reasons I fell in live with Cambodia! He is knowledgable, fun, and smart. His English is fantastic. He will give you the temple tours but he can also give you the non-touristy tour. I highly recommend him!

Visited June 2013

3 attraction reviews
“day tour- temples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Four of us spent a day with Rethy which covered anfkor wat and the other main temples in the area. We found jim to be accommodating, flexiible and very professional. His Englisg is excellent and his knowledge of cambodia and its tourist attractions is wide. We liked the way he showed us not just the run of the ill touriist attractions but others which we a bit of the main tracks. He was punctual and very considerate at all times. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Rethy and have recommended him to other friends and tourist we havd meet who are heading to Siem Reap.

Visited January 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“An amazingly better experience with an expert guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We don't normally hire tour guides. We're living in Southeast Asia, and basically cheap. But the low cost of the guides here, as well as the massive amount of things to see and do around the Angkor area made hiring a guide for the first day worth it on every level.

We arranged a guide for a sunrise tour of Angkor Wat through our guest house. By arranged, I mean we told the owner we wanted to watch the sunrise at Angkor Wat and a guide for the day, and she told us to be downstairs at 5am. We literally had to do nothing more than let them know, and they did the rest.

Mr. Rethy was downstairs waiting for us right on time with our TukTuk driver for the day. We were able to see the sites, hear background on designs and history of the temples that we would never have gotten from reading about it in a book, and had an overall wonderful day.

I was continually shocked throughout the day, as Mr Rethy was willing to spend as much time with us for the day as we wanted him for. He was with us until we were done and wanted to go back to the guest house, which was over 12 hours!

He took us to wherever we wanted to visit, and was very up front about whether a temple was worth visiting or not ("This one is complete and the view is good up there, but there are no carvings of any kind on the walls," for example).

He showed us the secret places that most of the tourists knew nothing about or rarely visited, got us fed well and quickly throughout the day so we could spend more time at the sights instead of heading back into town each time, and the places he picked were both delicious and reasonably priced.

Overall, hiring our guide was the best thing we could have done for our too-short trip to Siem Reap, and I highly recommend it!

Visited September 2013