Book In Advance

from $59.00
from $582.50
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews amazing carvings moss growing original statue zig zag cremation site elephant walk angkor thom complex bayon style khmer king bas relief royal palace stone carvings worth a visit elephants leprosy figures yama
Reviewed 1 week ago

Situated at the far end of the more famous and prominent Elephant terrace, this terrace with intricate carvings is easy to miss. Called the "Leper King" because discolouration and moss growing on it was reminiscent of a person with leprosy, and also because it fit in with a Cambodian legend of an Angkorian king Yasovarman I who had leprosy.

Be sure to take some photos of these intricate carvings which are probably the most well preserved in the Angkor Thom area.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Amazing and full of detail. Intricately carved platform that was the Royal Crematorium. Statue s thought to be the Leper King but is now thought to be Yama - God of Death.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The guide had mentioned we’d see the Terrace of the Elephants but didn’t mention the Terrace of the Leper King. I then inquired as to why there was a different section here and he mentioned it was a different attraction and that he was on his way there. Had I been by myself without the guide, I wouldn’t have realized the difference. The guide was most helpful in taking us down to the wall and explaining the different designs and figures on the wall. Explained the reason for their poses, the names and meaning etc. There was only 1 family there and they were pretty much rude but eventually they moved along and the place was peaceful.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Its not for a long sight seeing trip. What you can do is just alot about 15 minutes of your time and take a lot of photos then leave. Worth the extra trip

Reviewed September 11, 2018

This terrace is located at the far end of the Terrace of the Elephants and it is easy to think that it is part of that terrace and overlook it,the carving is much more detailed and intricate than on the elephants,there is a hidden walk through that takes you behind the terrace and you can see some very detailed carving there.After you have seen all you want if you need a drink just over the road there is a small market area with plenty of food,drink and souvenir stalls.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I am sure I would have missed it had I not been with a tour guide. It is almost like part of the Terrance of the the Elephants in terms of its size, its location and its appearance, but it is in fact a terrace of about 25x25 feet. Just keep your eyes peeled when you are walking towards the northern end of the Terrace of Elephants.

1  Thank SuperwusirsirA
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Takes 15 mins. Right at north end of the Elephant Terrace (I mistook it as part of the Elephant Terrace).

Very interesting secret "tunnel" of stone carvings. The headless leper figure is gone and replaced with new sitting statue.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

even through it is close to the Bayon temple it gets overlooked by many visitors as it is not on the tour list. we came here on our scooter and apart from enjoying the terrace itself we did a small hike in the forrest behind the terrace which was excellent too and not crowded at all.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

While on a cycling tour we rode past this and I asked by guide what it was and if it was the terrace of the leper King as it was something I wanted to see. It was not part of our itinerary but he stopped for me to take some photos which I was really grateful for because it was amazing.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

Hard to imagine so many years ago, Cambodia already have judged to determine who committed a crime, have a legal system in place to resolve big and small things.