FCC Angkor
Koh Ker Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Restaurant
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
View Hotel
All reviewsfcc restauranttuk tukroyal residencesliding doorcomplimentary foot massagepub streetboutique hotelsaltwater poolphnom penhtour guideold marketlovely poolafter a long dayan oasisspaprivacycurtains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I just came back from Cambodia last week and spent four nights in Siem Reap. During these four nights, I stayed at FCC Angkor. It's a nice and quite place to stay. The room I stayed is clean and tidy. When I walked into the room, there was delicacy welcoming desserts on the desk. They comforted my tiredness of the long distance travel. The food they served is so clean, delicious and multi-choices, including Cambodian tranditional cuisine, Amok and also the western food. The hotel staff are friendly and solve any of my questions about the traveling route in Angkor, no matter the information of temples, any other "tourists must visit "spots or renting tuk-tuk. Best part in this hotel is they offer professional spa and nice swimming pool to release me in every my intensive day!!! FCC is a over worthy hotel to stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Yu-Chin78
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a lovely peaceful charming hotel in a great location in historic Siem Reap.

We had a suite which was large, comfortable and well appointed as well as having a lovely view to the pool and gardens.

Whilst the restaurant is lovely to look at and sit in, the food is not interesting nor particularly well cooked. Eat elsewhere. Otherwise, it's a great place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank perthtravellor
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed in the FCC for 16 nights and have to say was overwhelmed by the service and accommodation. Most people only stay a couple of nights while they visit Ankor Wat however I think I stayed long enough to sample and problems there may have been.
The staff were incredibly friendly and could not do enough to help.
Rooms were clean and spacious and beds very comfy.
The pool is small however it's salt water and just the right temperature and size.
Use the tuk tuk drivers outside and they will take you anywhere for a good price. Expect to pay $12 a day. Location wise it is far enough away from the town so as not to be disturbed but only a 10 minute walk or $1 ride away.
Food was good and cocktails great.
One word of advice though take lots of insect repellant!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are a bit lighter but you will need your curtains closed as people can walk straight passed your room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lynneyo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Positive:

- Very good location, next to the city center, on the way to Angkor site and in a quiet position
- Very relaxing facilities
- Very comfortable and clean rooms (made up twice a day)
- Very friendly and helpfull staff and good service
- Excellent food (especially breakfast... if you dare try Bor Bor)
- Pictures of the official site perfectly reflect the place

Negative:

- the staff arranged for us a trasportation to Thai border by privat car, but the car was smelly and the driving style was really dangerous, also for Cambodian standard. Actually, the driver and the car did not belong to the hotel. Considering the great service of the hotel they made sure of the quality of this external service

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Francesco D
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I know Cambodja can be tricky in order to find a great hotel, but the FCC did not meet my expectations after having read the ratings in trip advisor. Many rooms are around the pool. Sounds nice, but it forces you to always have closed the curtains if you wat to preserve your privacy. When we arrived, the air conditioning was not working. Thy worked on it, and it worked but broke again at 02:00 AM. A terrible night. We claimed again and they finally repaired it. When we arrived, no towels were at the room also. We went for breakfast and asked for a table at a non smoking área (we have 3 kids). We saw 2 japanese people smoking. We mentioned it but waited until they finished their cigarette. Since they lit another one, I complained to the waitresses who took a long time to take the decisión to move them to a smoking área. They should have acted before! Drawers and cupboards doors were half broken, not matching. The girl at the reception, though was so perfect! Great english, very useful, a jewel. Frankly speking, I think it is overrated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a view to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family