“Good hotel witching walking distance of restaurants and bars”

Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel
Ranked #253 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We spent 2 days in Siem Reap. I wasn't sure what to expect as it was booked as part of a personal tour for just the two of us. We were given a superior room at the front of the hotel with a massive balcony, some rooms did not have balconies. I found It is very visitor friendly hotel and the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
It was very central with about 10 minute walk to the restaurants and Pub Street. You could take a tuk tuk if you didn't want to walk as there were plenty outside the hotel, as a woman I felt very safe walking just stay to the lite areas as you would in any country. The hotel had a pool which looked very clean but we didn't use it, there was an outdoor bar, the spa gave us a 15min free massage but we booked for 1 hour reflexology foot massage and they only charged for 45 mins this was great after a day of sightseeing the charge was $24 for two people (bargain). The breakfast room was good with a variety of Cambodian and Western food, omelette station and outdoor seating.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We spent 3 days at this hotel while in Siem Reap. It is very visitor friendly and the staff bends over backwards to help. Centrally located about a 10 minute walk to the restaurants and Pub Street. Nice pool and outdoor bar with inexpensive draft beer (Cambodia Beer is great) and a happy hour from 5-7 PM. The breakfast room was quite nice with a good variety of Cambodian and Western fare. Outdoor seating for a pleasant morning experience.

Room Tip: Upper floors at back of hotel is quietest location.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had to change rooms as first one had no hot water. Room ok after that. Just average hotel nothing exceptionally good or bad. Nice little pool. Good location and quiet. Staff helpful. Breakfast ok. Handy for temples.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I returned to stay at the casa for the second year in a row i ended up in the room next to the one i had last year.i chose this hotel because it is close enough to the centre but away from the hustle and bustle.nice cool rooms ,friendly staff good breakfasts what more do you need .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for three days while visiting the temples. It is a nice hotel but the problems with water supply do need fixing. We were on the third floor and although the bathroom was spacious and modern with a rainfall shower, I did not manage to get a proper shower at all- in fact once I barely managed to get my hair washed and rinsed before the (cold!) water dried up. We did complain to reception and a plumber did come promptly but it didn't seem to make a lot of difference. It was a pity because otherwise we enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly, the breakfast was good and varied and served in a nice sunny area (there was the option of being outside), the beds were huge and very comfortable and the rooms were clean. They have a small spa which is excellent value- a foot massage was just what I needed after days of tramping around in the heat. All in all, very good but please get something done about the showers

Room Tip: Try for a lower floor-perhaps the water supply is better there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Das Hotel liegt etwas außerhalb des Zentrums, aber zu Fuß ist man in 10 Minuten in der City.
Das Zimmer war sauber und stilvoll eingerichtet. Die Klimaanlage tat ihren Dienst leise und zufriedenstellend. Das Bad war sauber und besaß eine angenehme Größe.
Das Hotel verfügt über einen Swimming Pool und einen großen Spa-Bereich. Dort genoss ich kurz vor dem Abflug noch eine Fußreflexzonenmassage und die war grandios - sehr entspannend und sehr angenehm. Man fragte mich sogar im Vorfeld, ob es okay wäre, wenn ein Mann diese Massage durchführen würde, was für mich persönlich keinen Unterschied macht. Der Spa-Bereich war sauber und machte einen professionellen und empfehlenswerten Eindruck.
Das Frühstücksbüffet war reichhaltig und lecker.
Das Personal war freundlich und hilfsbereit. Wegen unserer sehr frühen Abreise zu einer Tour, war das Frühstück auch mehr als pünktlich fertig und wir konnten noch ausgiebig frühstücken. Dank des grandiosen Mitarbeiters an der Rezeption, konnte ich nach einer halben Stunde Inkompatibilität zwischen Computer mit meiner deutscher Mail-Adresse und Rail&Fly-Homepage und längerem Hin-und-Her endlich mein Rail&Fly-Tickets in der Hand halten und hatte mir dieses Prozedere bei Ankunft in D nach 20 Stunden Flug gespart. Bei solchen Aktionen trennt sich die Spreu vom Weizen.

The Hotel is placed a little bit far out the centre but within 10 minutes by foot you are in the centre.
The room was clean and stylish furnished. Air condition was quiet and worked well. The bathroom was clean and the size was comfortable.
There are also a swimming pool and a wonderful spa area. I enjoyed a foot reflexology massage and it was brilliant - really relaxing and comfortable. At first I was asked if it’s okay when a man will do the massage - I don’t care as long as the massage is grand. Spa area was clean and it looks professional and recommendable.
Staff was friendly and helpful. They started to prepare the complimentary international breakfast buffet a little bit earlier because we went on tour quite early and because of this we could enjoy our breakfast. The most friendly person works at the desk. I’ve tried to get and print my Rail&Fly-ticket but the old computer didn’t like my German mail address and the printer doesn’t like to work at all. This man helped me and after half an hour I got my ticket - I was really happy and thankful. That’s what counts.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elena E
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I traveled as part of a group and this was our final hotel stay. As you drive into the town of Siem Reap you notice that there are plenty of high-end hotels available. I don't know the rates for Casa Angkor Hotel but I found it to be a moderate hotel straddling the line between a cheaper option in the area and right at the cusp of a luxurious "looking" hotel.

Pros: #1 The hotel staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. #2 The front desk staff helped by arranging taxis to the airport for our departing flights. We paid the hotel directly for the service, which I preferred. #3 The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from Pub Street and all of the other streets with night markets. I appreciated that it was far enough to get away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds but yet close enough that paying for transportation wasn't required. #4 I thought their breakfast and lunch buffets were pretty good. They have Asian and Western options, not to mention an egg station where a chef from the kitchen prepares an omelet to your specifications. #5 There is an absolutely beautiful pool outside.

Cons: #1 There was lots of wood between the shutters and doors so my room was pretty dark. At one point I wanted to relax in my room and let in some light. I had to unlatch the shutters from inside then step outside to the balcony and swing the shutters open. It was a process, just as much as closing the shutters was a process. #2 There is apparently a modern wing attached to the hotel. I stayed in the older wing, which meant there was no elevator nearby. If you didn't want to walk the stairs you would be required to take a longer walk. #3 While my friend and I were sitting outside having lunch, she witnessed a large rat running into the dining area. #4 I don't know if it was just me but I never got warm water for my shower. No matter how long I left the water running hot water eluded me. The water wasn't quite Arctic cold but I couldn't stop shivering throughout my shower.

Recommendations: #1 If taking the stairs is too much for you, be sure to request a room in the newer wing closer to the elevator.

Room Tip: Request a room in the modern wing close to the elevator if you have discomfort with stairs
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends