“A lovely stay”

Grand Sunset Angkor Hotel
Ranked #253 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A warm, friendly welcome. A lovely French feel to the decor and it was clean, calm and relaxing. A great location for the town centre, but far enough away to enjoy the peace. A small pool (but we didn't need it), a comfortable room, friendly staff. Will stay again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Alig70

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It wasn't impressive from the outside, but when we stepped inside to check in,I suddenly felt like I was suddenly transported back in time to when the French were still around. The small, open air lobby with its wooden furnishing somehow helped create that atmosphere. We were welcomed with a glass of refreshing pandan tea and a cold towel,which felt great during that humid afternoon. My wife and I stayed in Rm. 239 which had a comfortable double bed. It had all the amenities one would expect from a typical hotel. Our only problem was with the airconditioning which didn't cool the room properly. They fixed the problem by having us leave the key in the power dock all day,so when we came back the room was cooled to our liking. Their breakfast buffet was not spectacular but had just enough choices of food. I liked their Khmer coffee,so I always had a second cup.I didn't see any problem about having Wifi in the room because I preferred to read my emails at the cafe or at the lobby where I felt more relaxed. Plus points for the hotel's location---the shopping center and market are within walking distance. For the price we paid,Casa Angkor hotel was a great find.

Room Tip: Check the airconditioning of your room,or insist when you check-in that you get a room with aircondi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Casa Angkor is a nice, colonial type place in a quiet side road of Siem Reap Old Town. Old Market, restaurants, pubs, banks and shops are easy to reach. Poolside bar and pool are nice though not special at all, but the massages at the hotel's spa are absolutely a dream, done by very qualified persons. For tourism or business trips alike, a good value for money!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I read quite a few positive TripAdvisor and Agoda reviews so perhaps my expectations were a little bit high but I'd be hard pressed to agree with the amazing reviews.

First, the free airport pickup did not happen. I didn't have a phone so I emailed both email addresses provided by the hotel twice and never heard back. I figured a $7 taxi fare wasn't a big deal but it had been a factor when I booked. When I asked about it at check in I was told neither of my emails reached either of the email addresses. The person checking me in said to speak to the manager the next day but when I explained the situation he just shrugged his shoulders.

I had also read that the hotel was helpful with booking tours for Angkor - again, I had to talk to three people before someone could help me.

Also, wifi is only available in the lobby and it took a bit to find someone who could share the password.

My room is clean and the hotel is off the main road so it is quiet at night. However, during the day there is loads of construction happening across the street so the while the pool is super refreshing, it's not in the most relaxing atmosphere. Also, the air conditioning is not super effective so probably could have found a less expensive room with a fan.

The perks: was greeted with a fresh towel and glass of juice and the bellman was very courteous. I had lunch by the pool and the server was very kind and welcomed me to Cambodia on behalf of the entire hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Secondsabbatical
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Casa Angkor has a nice location very close to the center of Siem Riep. Our stay was good and peacefull do to low season, because of this on the first day of our stay breakfast was not buffet but non the less great. The rooms are furnished with great taste.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stunning hotel with awesome pool to chill in after hot hectic temple sight seeing.
Lovely big rooms and water pressure in the showers! huge bathroom with toiletries provided. Aircon not that effective but was there at a very very hot time
Order lunch from the pool!!
$2 tuk ride to the pub st - night markets, restaurants, clubs
go to angkor what bar - its great. can also walk there
would definitely stay again
great breakfast buffet, eggs bacon, pastry, pancakes , fruit

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TessaClare
Reviewed May 7, 2012

An impressive hotel, beautiful swimming pool. The breakfast had a huge array of options to choose from - I almost went extra early so I could sample as much as possible. The service at this hotel is a little blah, although they helped you everything seemed an effort and one staffed member even sighed at one of my questions. But thankfully I don't choose hotels because of their reception staff. The standard room I had was very spacious and lovely dark wood furnishings. The room service was good. Out of the five hotels I stayed in this was the only hotel to not provide free wifi in my room - you had to sit in the foyer area. With hot humid weather, staff serving around you, other people chatting etc it's not the most pleasant spot to catch up on your emails or have a skype chat.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends