“The best massage I have ever had.”

Seeing Hands Massage
Ranked #36 of 116 Spas & Wellness in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Whilst in Cambodia you have to try a Seeing Hands Massage by those who are blind. Without sight their other senses are heightened. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This massage parlor is tucked away from the the hustle of Siem Reap city. Doubt I could have found it without the help of our tuk tuk driver. Appearances can deceive...because at first glance the place does not look very well maintained. But the massage I received was good if not a bit 'strong'. I paid USD5 for an hour of full body massage. No disrobing just lie there and melt into the massage!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've no idea the address in Siam Reap where we went for a massage but it was off the main street just up from the night market and in an alleyway. I just wish I knew the exact address but it was one of the places recommended by GAdventures, well, I think so (please don't quote me on this as I'm not sure!).
The massage from the lady I had (my partner had a man) was really great! We didn't have to disrobe, just lie on the massage table and they did the work. A wonderful one hour's work on relaxing my muscles (which I needed after all the walking around the temples of Angkor Wat!). I also had a bit of a bonus: she massaged my knees seeing they needed something extra. Perhaps one way of finding this particular place is to look for the friendiest black and tan dog that looks a bit like a minature Dobermann!
And such a reasonable price - we gave them a bit extra (Carey is a trained Massage Therapist and when there are good ones, he knows them!)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went here because it was a bit different to the hundreds of other massage places in Siem Reap.

After getting behind the curtain and changing into the white pyjamas, a blind masseuse was lead out who proceed to climb on top of me and then do his best to puncture my skin with his fingers and elbows.

Maybe I'm just a bit uptight but I really have no idea how anyone could find that enjoyable. I went with my wife and my parents who live in Cambodia and have had a few Khmer massages. My mum thought it was a good massage but the rest of us were in agony for an hour. Maybe it just depends on the masseuse you get.

Anyway, it was an experience.

3  Thank The_Pomeranian
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I visited Seeing hands on a stormy night last year and I had some difficulty locating it. The sign is a plain, metal one, it leads you to an unpaved, poorlly lit alley. I tought they went out of busness untill a neighbour in a motor shopp pointed to a upper floor of a familly house.The massage takes place in a small room and it didnt look promising: I had half a mind to leave if I didnt think it was inpolite.
But, what a surprise..
That was the best massage in my life! There were two masseurs and, sadlly, I omitted to ask the name of the one that gave me the massage. The guy has a wonderous knowledge of anatomy..he can find the muscle insertions of the tiny muscles in your back and shoulders that you forgot existed:). The massage seemed also to have some chiropractic elements but nothing like hazardous, arbitrary, swinging of my spine I experienced the previous two weeks in Thailand.There was a plesant oriental music in the background and a tropical storm outside..it was fabulous:).
Also, the fee was hilarious for an hours work-5$