“Friendly Budget Hotel ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“Friendly Budget Hotel ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 days at Golden Temple Villa this year and I have to say I was presently surprised by this budget hotel.

We has a twin room and a double room which were both very comfortable. There are safes and air conditioning in the rooms and the beds are quite large. The bathrooms are a little dated but very clean and tidy.

The staff are wonderful and friendly. Always happy to assist with anything needed.

Oh and try the free massage. It's fabulous.
So for a total of $12 a day per person this place was awesome.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank julseg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this small hotel for 4 nights, after staying 2 nights in a 4 star large hotel up the road. What a difference we saw from the large soulless hotel, to friendly, happy and welcoming staff here. The rooms are just the right size, the bed was comfy and I was happy with the bathroom. Then there's the free stuff, water, tea and coffee, bananas, massage, leaving gift, not to mention the advice that they give for tours and places to eat and drink.

This hotel is highly recommend and if I was back in Siem Reap, I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Peter R
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked one single room for 3 nights during my stay in Siem Reap. The correspondence with the hotel leading up to my stay was great and I was picked up at the airport without issue. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and I immediately felt welcome. This was great after a long day of travel and a level of uncertainty that comes with being a sole traveler. I didn't have any issues with the room and the restaurant had great food. They were also able to let you order your breakfast for pick up in the morning if you are leaving to go sightseeing (aka sunrise chasing) before the restaurant opens for breakfast. They will also provide you with a Tuk Tuk driver to take you wherever you wanted and while it certainly cost a bit more (but we are talking like 2 to 4 USD) there was an inherent level of security associated with their drivers because they work strictly for the hotel...like using a taxi stand versus just a random taxi driver. The location was also great ...right near the night market and pub street. It also had much more personality than the bigger and more luxurious hotels I saw on the outskirts of town. I would most likely stay here again if I ever return.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Kelly302
Somerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My friend and I loved this place. First off the garden common area is a wonderful oasis to come back to after spending all day at the temples. Second the room is clean and comfortable. Third there are so many great things included such as the massage and airport pick up. Fourth the food at the restaurant is delicious and reasonably priced. Finally all of the staff are so incredible welcoming and friendly. They even gave us free scarves when we checked out! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank laurennz82
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

With $13 per night, they come with free airport transfer, welcome drink & snack, brief on POI nearby and free one hour khmer massage. All the staffs are very friendly and helpful. Location are great, around 200m from pub st., old market & night market. Free bicycle are available on your request. Tuk Tuk service is reliable (Thanks Mr. Suni). Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Penang_CHEN
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed in many budget hotels all across the world, and after my three day stay here, I would rate it among the best. Essentially everything was as I would have liked, the staff was extremely friendly and efficient, and I honestly believe many other places would charge double or triple the price for the same experience.

I was picked up from the airport, and was served a complimentary drink, as the check in formalities were completed efficiently. The room was not very big, but adequate for my purpose, and the AC+fan combo cooled it down really well. The room had a fridge (two small bottles of water everyday), excellent wifi, a comfortable bed (no view, but I was happy with my privacy!). The restroom was functional and clean (there were no separate shower area, but thats the norm in this part of the world, and the water drained off quickly). There was also a safe in the room, and I accidentally got that locked up, but the reception people were very helpful and opened it with the master code. My room rate also included breakfast (either western egg and bread, or noodle soup with meat) and one hour of free massage. The restaurant (same place where I had my welcome drink and breakfast) was very tastefully decorated, and the food was good, with many options, and also cheaper than most surrounding places. Finally, during departure, I was handed a free handkerchief as departure gift.

The location was less than 5 minutes walk from the old market/Pub street area (but in a side street, so shielded from the noise of the main street). I had my own Tuktuk booked, but their rates were very competitive too.

Overall, I must say I am very happy with this stay - and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank KarDeepak
Toongabbie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Golden Temple Villa is a very relaxing place with super friendly staff and plenty of quiet areas to relax. The onsite restaurant is great value for money and the food delicious. The rooms were comfortable with tasteful décor. Location is perfect, so close to the markets and shops but down a nice quiet street. Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family