“Amazing stay, Excellent service”

Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #58 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay, Excellent service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here, NO regrets. Everything top notch, no problems whatsoever! Free 30 minutes massage was one of the best I have had! Free Wifi & Computers to use. Food at their restaurant was sooo tasty and affordable! Service from staff were great. All friendly and smiley, just how Cambodian people always seem to be :-) Great location, walking distance to night market & pub street. Or tuktuk for 1 dolla :-). Love Love Love :-) Orkum!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank anewbie2life

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Many of our friends recommended this place, so we chose it. Turned out to be an absolutely lovely place. Staff was super friendly, unbelievably helpful and respectful. Food is great and cheap. Amenities are moderate, nothing fancy, but then again that well worth the buck. Its the whole ambience that does the magic. Certainly recomend to any traveller.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank neocg
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Golden Temple Villa is worth every penny! The rooms are clean and everything works just fine (warm water, AC, Safe etc.). What is really outstanding is the service. The staff is very caring and friendly. They have free coffee, tea and bananas and you can even get free massages (but make sure you at least give a tip). To sum it up: The Golden Temple Villa really is the best and most beautiful place we stayed at during our time in Cambodia. It is very central and you can walk everywhere in SiemReap.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Sanny2011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

In fact, GTV is not only the best place in this price range, but it beats most hotels I've stayed at in the four and five star price range. I booked it because of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, and they were all true. The rooms were lovely with local decor. Mine had a safe, basic amenities (including soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste and comb), nice fluffy towels, both fan and aircon. I was served a lovely free cold drink when I arrived, along with a cold damp washcloth to refresh myself, and there was access to free tea, coffee, bananas and wifi (as well as computers if you needed one). I took advantage not only of the free half-hour massage, but I also had an hour-long massage every day (for $US3, why would anyone not?), which was wonderful, starting with a cold cucumber compress to my face. All the front desk staff got to know me by name (and which was my room number), and were happy to answer any questions or make suggestions for what to see. Unlike many hotels, GTV does not take a commission when they book for you, so the tuktuk drivers and guides are at a price lower than most other tour booking agencies ($US11 for the tuktuk around the inner Angkor Wat/ Angkor Thom area, $17 to the village on stilts at Tonle Sap, $22 for the guide). The guide was very personable and his English was excellent; the tuktuk driver also had good English skills. The restaurant had very good food--in fact, we met some people who weren't staying at GTV, but had been eating there every night because of the interesting food and friendly service. I had only one minor problem with the bathroom drain blocking, and when I reported it to the front desk, a handyman was there to fix it within a few minutes. GTV doesn't have a swimming pool or a gym or bathrobes in the room--but that didn't worry me because everything they did offer was lovely. What more can I say, other than that I will recommend this place to everyone I know who is planning to visit Siem Reap--even the people who would normally go four or five star class.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lanethailand
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were 2 friends with a twin room here at Golden Temple Villas. Our room was beautifully decorated with very clean with all the extra touches, a fridge, TV with cable, fan and air-con. Most impressive was the level of service. Not only friendly with a 'nothing is impossible" attitude but everyone on the front desk was knowledgeable on the sites, how to get there and pretty much anything we needed to know. Encouraged us to visit Orphanages and do some things outside of the usual Temple visits which was very humbling and satisfying. They secured us our Tuk Tuk driver (not extra fees), we had a half hour free massage given to us and free bicycles anytime. Free Bananas and tea and coffee. A welcome drink was given on arrival in the lovely restaurant adjoined to the Villas. As a discerning foodie I was ready to be very critical about the restaurant but was pleasantly surprised- great summer fresh rolls, the Sweet/Sour soup was delicious and fresh fruit salads top marks for presentation. I can't fault this place. Location excellent, close to all markets yet not noisy in any way. I wracked my brains to think of something that was amiss but it was perfect for us including the price. Top marks all round!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank FrancescaCountessdas
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've never stayed at a hotel or guesthouse with staff as friendly as that in GTV. From the time I checked in till I left, everyone always had a kind smile and enquired how I was doing. Everything mentioned in the other reviews is true...free Wifi and Internet, free tea, coffee and all the bananas u can eat, free 30 min massage, free bicycle, etc...plus they offer package tours to all the temples with a lowest price guarantee to boot (there's a sign on the wall next to reception stating that).

My room was clean and comfortable and the location is excellent....just a few mins walk to the night market and Pub St. I will def return to GTV if I am ever in SR again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Francis Y
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Amazing accommodation for extremely reasonable prices! We initially booked one night and ended up staying for 5. You truly feel like you are staying at a mini resort... The decor is beautiful and zen. Free tea and coffee all day and complimentary massage with stay. Great service too...we booked all our tours/tuktuk drivers through the hotel and they gave us great rates. Sek at reception is a delight... And if you're in need of a tuktuk driver to see Angkor or anything else in Siem Reap, ask for Saiha. He's super accommodating and polite. Would highly recommend..but book in advance as they tend to fill up :)

Follow our travels on Instagram: @loveandrich