“wonderful friendly service, handy location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Temple Villa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
australia
“wonderful friendly service, handy location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights before heading off for a few days and though we had booked elsewhere on our return after one night we changed back to this guesthouse as we so loved everything about it.We were collected from the airport and arrived to a very welcome ice cold drink and towelette.We were on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators, but we knew that but they help you with your luggage.the room was great,simple and pretty.But it was the staff that reallt made this place.Always checking if we were happy,always asking that any concerns be brought straight to them.Super friendly greetings every time they saw us.Every time we returned to the hotel ice cold towelettes were offered to cool down,If we used the downstairs comuter (free) within moments a cup of jasmin tea would be placed next to us.If we sat a little longer cold crisp watermelon was also given (also free). Downstairs is unlimited free coffee and bananas.On our first few days there was no kitchen as it was being renovated,however we had the pleasure of using it on our return and what a beautiful and relaxing space they have made.Not only tables to eat at. this lovely roomy area has long cushioned benches that line 2 of the walls where you can ome and have (free) coffee and read a newspaper and stretch out and relax.They have done a beautiful job.
We loved our free welcome massage and several times we went back and had the $3 1 hour massage.
All the staff were lovely,especially Sek and ane of the girls behind the desk whos name i do not know.After our 2nd stay here we moved on to a meditation / yoga centre but when we were struggling a little trying to work out what was the best way for us to get to Pnom Penh we went back and visited the staff here and had not only a wonderful long chat with the girl at the desk but she and sek talked us through the options then they booked our tickets for us.we would definitely stay here again.There is cheap food at the end of the dtreet and it is really tasty. The night markets and the pub street for those who are interested is only a pleasant short walk,Everything that you want is close.We made use of their free though rather rickety bikes and went for a lovely long ride.

Room Tip: there are no elvators,if this is a concern for you ask for a lower room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wattleb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I initially booked this hotel since it was one of the top budget guesthouses in Siem Reap.

Rooms: We booked a standard double, and it was small. View was the city with other small buildings. The room had an aircon and surprisingly, a fan. We found out that this was because the aircondition took some time to cool. Room had a small table and a chair, tv with cable, safety deposit box, and has complimentary water.

There's no division between the restroom and the shower room. Shower pressure was low - the water bidet had a stronger pressure! Amenities in the restroom included a toothbrush, comb and toothpaste. Shampoo and soap were in a dispenser. The restroom was very clean.

I had a problem with the hotel's blanket which seemed very dusty. It looked clean but judging from the continuous sneezing I had, my allergic rhinitis was instantly triggered when I used it. I could see dust particles flying in the room when I started I straightened the blanket.

Service: We were picked up on time by their tuk tuk driver. Upon arrival, we did not get the juice and the cold towel that were offered to other guests as I have read in their reviews in Trip Advisor. The Front Desk staff was friendly, even advising us that they gave us a nice room in the 4th floor with a nice view of the city. Problem was, the hotel did not have a lift! Being an asthmatic, it will not be an easy task for me. My friend and I then decided to request to be moved to another room on the lower floor. Unfortunately, the room that we were assigned to had no phone (not sure if the other room has), so we had to go down at the Front Desk.

We were informed that there were no rooms available at the lower floors so we had no choice but to go up all four floors and make do with what we have. The next day, we decided to do an early check out and move to another hotel since my allergic rhinitis is acting up due to the blanket plus we can't stand the four flights of steps that we have to take going to our room. We informed the Front Desk and a manager came to our room and asked what the reason was. He then offered us a room on the lower floor and told us that we can have it! We informed him that we asked the Night Manager to be transferred but we were refused. He asked who the night manager was and we described him. But then it was too late since we have already made arrangements at another location. Either it was a miscommunication between the staff or they have guests whom they prioritize over others to get better rooms. Still, this was very poor service- we asked the previous night for a lower room and was rejected, but was being offered one since we were checking out earlier.

Location: Near Pub Street but you would have to walk an alley going there. There's an ongoing construction at the hotel and during our stay, the restaurant is also closed.

Hotel offers free coffee, tea and bananas all day.

STAFF: There are other hotels near Pub Street which offers better value and facilities than this. I guess one of the main reasons why the ratings are good is because the staff are very friendly. Everyone gives a ready smile making the guests feel welcome and easily at ease.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a room at the lower floor guaranteed during reservation!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank FootDot
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Really great place to stay in Siem Reap. For 15 USD we got a double room with window, AC, and hot shower. Nice garden area to lounge in with hammocks and chairs. Complimentary airport pickup and free wifi, bike rent, and welcome drink. Two free bottles of water and clean towels each day. On site restaurant has good eats and on site massage for 3 USD an hour. Cheap tuk tuk drivers for Angkor Wat(paid 12 USD for inner circle, 20 for outer). 5 minutes walk to Pub Street. Arranged bus to Phnom Penh for me too. Really can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SvetSav
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had booked 5 nights in this hotel. I was picked up as agreed at the airport, and the welcome was very nice.

Unfortunately I only stayed one night, because I had to go to the hospital where I was kept for 9 days.
The staff was super helpful getting me to the hospital with their own car, and even though some of my stuff was in the room for more then one night, they only made me pay for one night of stay.

When I get back to Cambodia to finish my trip, I will DEFINATELY come and stay there again!! They are nice, helpful, clean and the location is super.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hanneke J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The staff here are super friendly! They were even tolerant of my dad calling from the states to check up on me, 2-3 times a day...

When we checked in, they took us to their restaurant for welcome refreshments. I loved it. They served us lime iced tea and it tasted just like my mothers (we are Cambodian). For the rest of the trip, I drank this beverage exclusively. Between the hours of 4-whenever they have a happy hour for food. I ordered fish amok for 2 dollars. It was the best fish amok I've had in Siem Reap! The location is great as well since it is centrally located.

Between the staff, the food and the quality of the rooms; Golden Villa really can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gtech
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

After a four night stay I can't wait to come back!

The location is perfect right in the centre without being on one of the main roads and within walking distance to everywhere.

My favourite aspect of this hotel are the staff they are so warm and welcoming taking time to come over and have a chat and really couldn't have been friendlier.

The room is lovely we booked directly through the hotel and upon arrival they didn't have the room we originalky wanted so they upgraded us free of change.

Another thing we enjoyed were all the free extras included in your room price. There were free bananas and water (perfect for taking on trips around the temples), free massage (which was amazing) and free wifi which worked perfectly throughout our stay.

If you stay here make sure you pop into Jimmy's school up the road it's a brilliant little establishment giving free english lessons to local children. You can arrange to teach a lesson if you like or you can just pop in like we did and observe, then at the end give the children a chance to practice their English by asking you questions. It was an amazing unexpected experience and I'm sure they would love to have you!

Don't stay anywhere else Golden temple villa is brilliant.

• Stayed February 2013
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. I've travelled a lot and I've never felt sad to leave a hotel before. The hotel is very nicely appointed - we had a double with air-con and a bathroom which was lovely - but it was the staff that really made our stay memorable.

We arrived, tired and dirty, after a long day travelling overland from Koh Chang in Thailand, and running the gauntlet of scams at Poipet border crossing, only to find I'd made the booking for the wrong day, and we were actually a day early. Rather than turn us away as they were full, the lovely girls on reception got on the phone to their sister hotel (the Golden Butterfly Villa - I've reviewed this separately), and arranged a room at the same rate of USD16, even though the rate is USD25, then walked us there. How's that for service?

When we returned they were pleased to see us and were very friendly and helpful every day. The restaurant served tasty Khmer food and cool beer at very reasonable prices. They helped us find a fabulous tuk-tuk driver (Sopheak - ask for him, he speaks excellent English and was really kind and friendly) and generally seemed to care about our stay. We also got 2 free massages (we booked through 2 different websites) which were very good. The room was always spotlessly clean and water bottles restocked in the fridge each day. It is also really well located for the night market, Pub Street, Old Market etc.

If we return to Siem Reap, I would stay at Golden Temple Villa in a heartbeat - stay here, you really won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple