“Fantastic Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Temple Villa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“Fantastic Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed there with the family in late December and we loved the hotel. As you already know it is not a 5-star accommodation, but the service is and the little touches here and there are what makes a difference (airport pickup, room decoration, freebies, manager's welcome, etc.). Location is great as well - very close to everything - massages, night markets, pubs and restaurants. We would highly recommend our tuk-tuk driver Sal, who was extremely nice, invaluable source of information and always on time and ready to help. Unfortunately he cannot be your tour guide as he does not have the license, but for a self-guided tour - he can drive you everywhere and recommend the best places to see if you ask.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. Rooms are nicely decorated. Location is great. On a quieter side street, but walking distance to all the restaurants and shops.

Service is excellent. They organised a great tuk tuk driver and tour guide for us to explore Angkor and they didn't take any commission. For my husbands birthday they organised a cake (which I paid for) and the staff brought that out whilst singing happy birthday in the restaurant.

Good price as well. Only thing was we organised a breakfast for a sunrise tour and they said we could pick it up before the restaurant opened at a specific time, however, when we came down they then started making it, but this wasn't communicated to us clearly so we were standing there confused and unsure what was happening and the tour guide said we would need to go to see the sunrise, but then they came out with the food. Next time we organised food we made sure we came down 10 mins early to ensure it was ready on time. Considering the number of people who do the sunrise tour I would expect this to be a bit more smooth. Other than this our time here was great!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Gelley11
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay in Siem Reap. While it is not five star accommodation, it is great value for money. The rooms are nice, but what makes this an excellent choice is their friendly staff, great location (very close to pub street) and good restaurant. They were able to arrange a good english speaking tuk-tuk driver for me to do the temple tour and drop to the airport. I would stay here again if I am in Siem Reap.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

GTV is a wonderful place to stay. Very close to the nightmarkets and a short walk to Pub st. The have tuk tuks out the front waiting for you and a security guard (I actually think he is more for looks than anything else hahahaha).
Very simple hotel. Nothing special here besides the staff. They were FANTASTIC! The breakfast is plenty full (too much for me, I'm not a very big woman hahaha). They were eager to please. I travelled alone and felt safe the whole time.

Room Tip: Speak to the tuk tuk drivers directly about tours. They will probably give you a better price. This...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I did not expect much from the choices of accommodations I considered during our previous trip to Cambodia. All I wanted was a comfortable private room that I could share with my husband after a long day of touring Angkor. I found this interesting lodging called "Golden Temple Villa" from Tripadvisor and was impressed with its good ratings. I checked on their web page and saw that it was within my budget, so I booked with them right away.

The Booking

The booking procedure was a breeze, I just emailed them and requested for a reservation on my chosen date and they replied promtply and said that I was already booked. They didn't ask for any downpayment whatsoever, so it was another plus point for me.

The Location

The hotel is stategically located very near the Angkor Night Market and Pub Street (where many restaurants are located) but is located in a quiet alley, so you won't be bothered by any noise. At night, when you have nothing to do, you can just walk towards the Night Market which is just a few blocks away, maybe a good 5-10 minutes walk (depending on how fast is your pace), and enjoy shopping till you drop! There are also many spa offering massage, there are even a few fish spa massages being offered in the area.

The Arrival & Check-in

Prior to our trip to Siem Reap, the staff of Golden Temple Villa told me that they have a free pick-up service for their guests which is really nice because you get to save a few bucks for the transfer and you won't get lost looking for the hotel. They just told me to tell them in advance of our arrival time in Siem Reap and what bus will I be taking. I was not able to inform them in advance the time of our arrival and the bus station where they can pick us up since we only booked the bus tickets when we were already in Phnom Penh. And of course, also, maybe due to my excitement, I forgot to email them the night before our arrival. I only remembered to email them when hubby and I are already on the bus going to Siem Reap. I only had a couple of hours to inform them, hoping they could read it in advance before we arrive in Siem Reap and hoping we still have our reservations with them. Thank heavens we were lucky because we chose a new bus company called "Giant Ibis" which has WIFI connection while on board, because of that, I was able to email GTVilla. I was kind of nervous they won't get my email in advance, but 30-minutes before we arrived the bus station in Siem Reap, I checked my email and I was so relieved to receive a reply from GTVilla, telling me that a tuk-tuk driver will pick us up at the bus station.

True enough, when we arrived at Borey Seang Nam bus station of Giant Ibis, I was so happy to see a tuk-tuk driver holding a placard with my name on it!

As I approached the tuk-tuk driver, I told him we were the guest he was picking up, he then immediately asked for our bags and told us to hop on to his tuk-tuk for a short 20-minutes ride to reach the hotel. By that time, I already had a good vibes that I picked the right accommodation for me and hubby. Golden Temple Villa was very reliable! :)

It was a short, but very nice ride, the town of Siem Reap is very laid back, simple but very lovely.

Upon Check-in, we were welcomed by their courteous staff in the lobby and told us to wait in their restaurant area so that they could brief us about our stay while we sipped their very cold and thirst-quenching welcome drinks.

While we were enjoying our cold drinks and cooling ourselves with the cold towels they provided along with the drinks, one of their staff named Kimyan Yinh approached us and briefed us about their hotel and what's in store for me and hubby during our stay. He gave me a welcome letter from GTVilla and courteously asked for the payment of our rooms (it's their policy to pay the room accommodation upon arrival since they did not ask for any downpayment upon reservation). He also told us that part of our freebie for staying in their Villa, we get to have a 30-minute massage which we can avail during our stay. He also told us that tea, coffee and bananas are free to drink and eat in their restaurant, and that it is unlimited! Wow! I'm really feeling so good about our hotel at that moment. :)

The Hotel Amenities/Ambiance

Golden Temple Villa is a 2-star hotel accommodation but the ambiance and service are five-star class! The ambiance is so chic and relaxing. Their restaurant is very homey, and you'll feel good while dining in it. The garden area is a great place to just relax and read a book or a magazine. There is an internet room where you can surf the net for free during your stay. They have a massage room where you can avail of a very relaxing massage for an hour for only $3. The rooms were beautifully designed, very Khmer and very romantic. The pictures will speak for themselves....

Our room was a Standard Superior Aircon room, but it felt more like an upgraded room for me. The decor is tastefully done, more of Khmer style and yet has a tropical feel to it. The ensuite private bathroom was spacious enough for me to move around and not get my things wet. They provided enough towels too. The only setback, is that we were only provided 2 pillows, which was not fluffy enough for someone like me who likes big pillows.

The Service

I give Golden Temple Villa 5 stars for their magnificent service. Hubby and I felt like a king and a queen during our stay. The staff are very courteous, accommodating and very, very friendly. They really went an extra mile to make you feel really at home. We even befriended some of their staffs, they always assisted us with smiles on their faces, they always greet you whenever they see you and ask how your day was, eventhough you are only a guest, we felt so at home. Cambodian people are really one of the friendliest people I have ever met. They are sweet and gentle people. Even sellers and tuk-tuk drivers you meet on the streets are always smiling and courteous.

Value for Money

Golden Temple Villa is definitely a great value for your money. The room rates are very affordable and budget friendly. Even the prices on the menu at their restaurant is very reasonably priced. It's a pity I didn't get to try to eat at their restaurant because we opted to dine out and try the recommended restaurants in Siem Reap. Maybe next time I get to visit them, I will definitely try eating there because I heard about the good reviews of the food they serve in their restaurant.

Overall Rating

I give Golden Temple Villa 5 Stars! The service is amazing, they have a wonderful crew there. The hotel is kept very clean and has a very relaxing and homey ambiance. The price rate is worth your every penny. Surely, when I get a chance to go back in Siem Reap, I'll definitely stay again at Golden Temple Villa...my home in Siem Reap.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mitchiko16
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I just feel like i should write this because the Amok in this Golden Temple Villa has motivated me. the staff was friendly and the location was just 5 minutes walking from the pub street.

I had my lunch with my family here and ordered a amok set and got myself a free T- shirt. Their lemon tea ( welcome drink) is delicious and strongly recommend because i still miss it and couldn't find the taste of it elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Williamw00
Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

From start to finish the staff gave us care and kind attention. Tasteful premise, great computer room, very fair rates for guide and tuk tuk services (as cheap as you can bargin on the street). Clean. Hard to go wrong with this place, especially at the price point.

Room Tip: Was not crazy about room 30 as it was above the kitchen.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple