“Very nice hotel and staff extremely friendly”

Golden Temple Villa
Ranked #60 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel was very nice, excellent outdoor space with hammocks and comfy chairs. There are terraces on each level for more intimate gatherings. Rooms are nice but bathrooms are basic. The staff are a huge plus as they are vey friendly and helpful. I would recommend a visit as it felt more like a boutique hotel where you got to know the people and experienced a more authentic Cambodia. Would definately stay there again. And complimentary massage.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lauren p
There are newer reviews for Golden Temple Villa

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The last stop of my Southeast Asia trip, I am glad I picked this place.

The staffs were just superb, smiling all the time, and incredibly helpful. From the moment I was picked up at the Airport with my tuk-tuk driver Phen. It was just a phenomenal experience.

The rooms were comfortable, clean, and it has a fridge. The settings of their resting places downstairs and the restaurant were so beautiful and awesome, no words can describe it. The Angkor wat tour with the same tuk tuk driver Phen was also inexpensive and overall just made my trip. Phen took me around all the temples for 3 straight days, and explained the history of Cambodia and the history of each temple, I can not asked for a better guide.

I loved every aspect of my trip to Cambodia, and this hotel, staffs, and driver contributed to every part of that feeling.

I had a 3 dollar an hour full body massage daily, and it was just awesome. Overall I will def be back hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Frank L
Reviewed April 2, 2012

You absolutely must stay here... it's a four star at two star prices! Amazing staff, welcome drink, fantastic food and very cheap, free massage, wonderful staff, clean rooms and the villa itself is full of character. I'd highly recommend!

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank natalie a
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The staff make this place an absolute gem. From the first moment they take the time to make you feel like a star. They were all warm, welcoming and actually provided better service than I've experienced at five star hotels. The rooms were clean, the WiFi was better than I expected and worked in my room, and the food in the restaurant was quite good and good value. It's in an excellent location close enough to Pub Street to walk but far enough away to be quiet at night. They arranged a private driver to a far away place for a much better price than I found anywhere else in town. I wanted to stay at a hotel owned by locals and I'm glad I chose the Golden Temple Villa. I'd give them six stars if I could.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank 40pluscountries
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great location, amazing staff, excellent rooms and truly a bargain. Excellent cheap food at the restaurant and the massage and welcome drink were excellent! Out tuktuk driver Saram was amazing for our three days and very affordable. Don't stay any where else!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Daisy424242
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in a private room, and it fit us just fine. It is pretty cheap...I think we paid 20 dollars a night. The rooms are pretty basic, but we had a safe, aircon, and a tv. Didn't need more than that really. If you are going to Siem Reap, I doubt you go to relax in the room...What made us choose this place were the reviews of the staff..really nice and helpful. Close to the old market and pub street, but quiet around the hotel. Also the free pick-up and massage was a nice touch. Would stay there again if we did it again.

P.s. There is an english class offered to some under privledged kids right down the sreet and it is worth visiting them between 5-7 pm. One of the highlights of our time there.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank kimchinc
Reviewed March 26, 2012

What an incredible place. They treat you like you are the guest at a 5-star, $500 dollar a night place. The rooms are not spotless, but they are certainly good enough, and for the price, I cannot imagine you can do much better.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple