“Really really friendly & helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skyway Hotel

Skyway Hotel
Ranked #322 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Germany
“Really really friendly & helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were travelling with a group of 4 persons and found this hotel was so nice, large room and comfortable sleep. The staffs were really friendly and helpful, also help us to arrange our trip to Angkor wat by Tuk Tuk. the location is good,not far from town, free transport for us to get around the city with speaking english driver. free breakfast, free wifi internet. we would definitely stay there again & recommended this place to our friends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

In all fairness, I am not able to write this review comparing other hotels in Siem Reap. This was the only place I stayed in that city. Comparing the Skyway to other hotels In the same price range throughout SE Asia, this was by far the nicest place I stayed.

The room was simple, but very clean. I had a television, hot water, and a nice bed for only $8 a night. I didn't need AC, the weather was cool at night in December. I liked the building, it had cool wooden banisters and terrazzo flooring. There is a neat fountain in the front. Perhaps the nicest memory were the owner's two lhasa apso dogs that hang out in the lobby. They are very sweet and cute and greeted me with kisses every morning when I walked down to the lobby.

I had never been treated so well by a budget hotel staff. They seemed to genuinely care about my stay in Siem Reap. I wasn't able to find this level of service in Thailand and Malaysia for that price range.

If you do go for a non AC room, make sure the window screens are secure, the mosquitoes will surely find you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

I stayed at this place on Oct 24, 2008 for only one night. My group just walked in to get the rooms.

It is clean and comfortable enough. The only thing I want them to improve is the towel. I recommend you bring your own towel.

The price is quite cheap.

I am sure you will have a pleasant stay like I do.

• Liked — in general
  • Disliked — the towel
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

My first trip to Cambodia was on one of those hellish bus rides from Bangkok. The bus dropped us off at the Skyway, which it must have paid the busdriver to do, as that is how these things work. I checked out the place and found it to be inexpensive and just fine, so I checked in and had a lovely time. Very clean and friendly and quiet. The crocodile farm in the back was interesting. One of the motorbike drivers associated with the Skyway took me around the temples the next few days, and he was great! (Sharky) When I returned a few years later, I stayed at the Skyway again, and it was better than I remembered, still clean and comfortable, with a nice restaurant, etc. I had e-mailed them before I left to see if Sharky could be my driver. Sharky had since moved on to another place, but they tracked him down and arranged for him to meet me the night I got there. I thought that was sweet of them. Anyway, a short walk to an interesting market, and not too far from the central park. A bit away from the backpacker, nightclubby area, which was fine with me, as there were a few dodgy characters hanging around that part of town. I am returning yet again to Siem Reap with several friends this February and will be reserving three or four rooms.

If you go and want to use motorbike taxis to see the temples, see if Sharky can be tracked down to be your driver, he was so enthusiastic and helpful. A great guy!

• Liked — Price, friendliness, cleanliness.
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

I stayed at Skyway for 16 nights in late February of 2006. My stay was comfortable and enjoyable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The laundry service was very good. All meals that I had there were tasty and reasonably priced. I hope to return later this year If Skyway can accomodate me, I'm sure that I will be happy staying there again.

• Stayed February 2006