“Excellent service”
Review of Skyway Hotel

Skyway Hotel
Ranked #351 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I would like to thank Mr theap anan, he provides excellent service and he very friendly to his customer… really appreciate his helping hand in my memorable holiday at there… at this hotel,language is not a barrier for communication, Mr anan can speak fluent English,besides that he also recommend many interesting places to me… he help me a lot throughout the holiday,next time if I have opportunity to visit there again,I sure will go stay at skyway hotel… ^_^

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel is located next to very noisy street, fortunately there are lots of tuktuk drivers in front of the hotel waiting.

The room itself was quite big but a bit worn. Air con was not powerful enough to cool the room. Food was okay, nothing special and nothing fancy. Pool was the best part of the hotel!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the lower floors as one has to take the stairs during power cut
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The service we experienced was impeccable! My friend and I throughly enjoyed our stay. Language is not a barrier, the staffs were friendly and heed our every query. The room was adequate and comfortable. But to be be fair, we were mostly out the entire day exploring and only came back to the hotel to sleep. I think location wise was nice too. We could cycle (bicycles provided by the hotel) to Pub street, maybe about 10 mins away. They also provide tuk tuk service from the hotel to wherever you wish & will fetch you back to the hotel. I don't think it cost anything. They never asked us to pay. But we tipped our diver (Kaka, I think..) for every ride. The staff really made us felt like it's home. When my friend and I were swimming at the pool, they would approach us with light conversation. And I suppose that is what we treasure most. We were sad to go, and we still are! Thank you all, and hope to see you guys again real soon.

Stayed Aug 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Service

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Many things went wrong during my stay. For starters, at check in I specifically asked the staff for a room with good WiFi signal, but they seemed much more interested in booking my onward bus ticket (of course they get a kickback) than in my request. Despite the fact that the hotel appeared to be half empty due to low season, they gave me a room on the 4th floor with poor signal. I had to go to the reception area just to connect. What's more, they kept insisting about the bus ticket every time they saw me. Finally they booked my ticket without my confirmation or knowledge, and called me at 7:30 AM, waking me up to inform me that the bus had arrived!! Besides these issues, the room is spacious, which is nice, but the air conditioner is not powerful enough to cool such an expansive space, so poor sleeping conditions. On my last day they began construction in a room down the hall and it sounded like an explosion had occurred, incredible noise level. I ended up changing to a guest house near the center of Siem Reap, much better location, near restaurants and other services, with a similar room and MUCH better Wifi at half the price! It didn't have A/C but the room was actually cooler than the one I had at Skyway Hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend avoiding rooms on the upper floors, too hot and poor WiFi signal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

stayed 4 nights , hotel is a Tuk Tuk ride ( free ) into town , ist room , dusty & did not feel clean , TV no good , 2nd room , a little dusty( my wife dusted to get clean ) , shower is for little people , I am 175cm & was practically on my knees to get wet , A/C great ,TV worked fine . The free breakfast was at best ordinary , however what kept us there was the attitude of the staff , outstanding . Free internet cafe was great & cool . If we were to return to SR i am sure we would pick a hotel much closer to the city centre near the old market even though Skyway picked us up for free from the Airport .Conclusion , not for us .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good points: nice pool, free tuk tuk, friendly staff.
Bad points: constant power cuts, very very poor food, cold left overs covered in ants. Room not very clean. Workman banging from 7am.

I stayed for 3 nights at end of march, location is not an issue because of free tuk tuk, although I still tipped driver, swimming pool is lovely nice after a long hot days in Angkor Wat, the aircon in the room is not the best takes a good few hours just to get room below 30, I moved the bed so it was underneath it, wish I hadn't from what I saw behind it...inches of pure filth, first days breakfast was ok standard eggs and bread cooked freash, second two days because of a large group of Chinese visitors unless you got up at 0630 to beat the the mass your left with cold left overs, my last morning I went down at 9am, stone cold and covered in ants. There are better hotels for less money, if you get one nearer town you won't have to run the gauntlet of tuk tuk drivers offering women or drugs.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 5 night, I travelling to Cambodia for 1 month I been to Phnom Penh , sihanuk ville, krate, koh kong, and the last 1 is siemreap, I really love Angkor way temple, I bought 3 ticket to see Angkor wat temple, after back to hotel and swimming at the hotel, very clean swimming pool, large room with bathtub hot shower, good information from the receptionist, as Mr, kaka and Mr, Meng as manager, I would like recommend this hotel coz it very good hotel and friendly people,

• Stayed: March 2013