“Great location for a good price”
Review of Angkoriana Hotel

and 1 more site!
Angkoriana Hotel
Ranked #244 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having been to Siem Reap previously, I wanted to stay away from downtown, but close enough to where I can get a Tuk Tuk to in 10 minutes. This was the Angkoriana Hotel. The hotel is right across from the National Museum, and on the main road to Angkor Wat, a plus there. The hotel also has a nice pool, not to large though, but enough to allow you to jump in and cool off in.

We had booked a Deluxe and ended up with room 228 which over looked the pool. The room had a small fridge, hot water heater, coffee and tea set for 2 + 2 bottles of water daily. The bed was comfy enough, and the a/c was enough to keep us chilled after a blistering day at the Temples. About the only concern I have about the room is that seeing another larger room on the 1st floor that was a Deluxe room, I think we got jipped as ours was much smaller (there are only 3 sizes: Superior, Deluxe, and Suite), and we got a Superior. Questioned reception, who seemed adamant that our room was a Deluxe, and that all rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor were ALL Deluxe rooms. How come the different size? No idea. But still think we were duped :(.

The staff were great, and very attentative, and were helpful in any way they could be with Tours, Restaurant suggestions, places to go, and so on. Breakfast was basic, but enough to fuel you up and out the door on a tour. Nothing fancy.

The hotel is a little on the older side, but in that, there is some charm too. Lots of teak, tropical plants, white washed walls and gekko's croaking at night, so it has it's charm. If I come back to Siem Reap again, I would have no problem staying here again.

Thanks James and Staff for looking after us.

Room Tip: Try and get a room poolside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Don't be fooled by the nice pool in the photo! It's tiny. The rooms were incredibly damp and the ceiling started leaking badly five minutes after my friend turned the air con on, so he had to change rooms. The windows were ridiculously big without decent black out curtains. Actually the curtains weren't even attached properly in my room so we had to fix them ourselves because the staff weren't tall enough to reach the top rail. My friends room was facing a construction site, so he was woken to the sound of drilling each morning. My bathroom floor was dirty, the bedside lamp was falling apart, there were no adaptor plugs, and the air con was ancient looking with no remote control. Also the pillow was hard and the bedding consisted of a scratchy, wooly blanket with a damp sheet on top. There were also mosquitoes in the room. I was worried about the risk of malaria before we visited, and after emailing this hotel they assured me there were no mosquitoes in their rooms. We stayed in two other hotels on this visit to Siem Reap and they were mosquito free so I know it's possible. There were also many mosquitoes in the dark corner where they placed their internet terminal because there was no working fan or air con there.
Something else that's never happened to me before in a hotel is that when I requested more toilet rolls (I had a cold), they said they had run out and I needed to wait until tomorrow. I found that very strange for such a large hotel.
Besides the rooms, this hotel is just too far away from everything and you will need to pay for tuk tuks all the time. Bike hire is also much more expensive at this hotel than the others we stayed at.
To be fair, the staff did try to be helpful. After reading some of the other reviews about this hotel, I think the management may be more at fault.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel near Old market/ Pub street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natleh
Jammie R, General Manager at Angkoriana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We at Angkoriana Hotel are sorry you didn’t have the full experience of our hotel that we pride ourselves on giving.
Our guests often feel our location is one of our key features as we are perfectly placed 15 minutes walk to pubstreet walking past royal gardens and along the beautiful river, we are opposite the national museum, along side siem reaps 5* hotels on the road to Angkor Wat, convenient and quite.
During your stay it rained for 12 days no stop, often at this time of year, we apologize for not giving extra toilet paper, we will address this as soon as possible with the staff, thank you for informing us as we need customer feed back to continue to offer great service.

We hope you enjoyed Cambodia and Angkor

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Staff (Seda and Lida) are so accommodating. Wasn't expecting much but was surprised with the amenities. Definitely worth your money. Will surely stay here when I go back to Siem Reap. Location is great as it is just near Angkor Wat. Wasn't able to enjoy the breakfast buffet as I went to the early morning tour of Angkor Wat but the staff packed breakfast for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good:
Facility
In hotel service very cheap
Rooms are clean and well equipped. Its next to the road but noise will not come inside the rooms.

Free breakfast is OK as well.

Bad:
1. The bathroom - The shower curtain is fitted in a way that water comes out and bathroom floor becomes wet.
2. The staff charged extra for the day trip arranged by them on a tuk-tuk. But they refunded when we complained that we paid for the full trip but the driver took us for a small trip.
3. They provided a guide who hardly spoke english. Their guide was a waste of money.

I recommend this hotel for staying only. Don't take tour service from them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
thank you for your feed back, and we are sorry about your guide, we hire the guides from the Angkor guide association , they are fully accredited and takes many years to receive a guide license, we have passed your feed back to them about your guide as we must help them to ensure all guides are professional. We hope this didn’t detract from your experience of the temples
and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel , siem reap

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nothing in the hotel, breakfast very poor, location far a bit far from down town, very small swimming pool, noisy at night, room also small and nothing for view. Staffs good friendly but messy when we check out we waiting for check the room. Nobody in-charge for checking the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

we are sorry that your check out didnt run the way you would like, and your checkout was delayed a moment , and we are also sorry the pool was not as big as you would have liked as we promote our pool and area , spa , poolside restaurant as our center peace of the hotel, and we believe our customers enjoy this as much as we would hope.
We are a 44 room hotel and offer adequate facilities for a hotel our size , while its not an Olympic pool, it’s a great oasis to swim and relax by after a hot day exploring the temples
We thank you for your feed back and we value all our guests comments to help us improve and maintain the high standards we have set for ourselves

Reviewed September 9, 2013

went there to have dinner with a group of friends (abt 20 people) before for a friend's farewell party. the food was great, but i really liked the warm welcome from the manager and the staff who tried to make our dinner a very great time.

we enjoyed the environment very much; so this time we went there for a small gathering (almost 10 people) by the pool side with a short notice. same as last time, the manager welcomed us with GREAT hospitality.

tried the massage by the pool, honestly, it was so good that i fell into asleep at the second half!!! highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank OUTandLOST
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Love this place. The dinners were great. The staff, excellent, energetic English speakers, the massages by the pool, very relaxing. I was glad to just cross the street to get to the National Museum, and behind the Museum, every night, there is a delightful truly Cambodian circus. ( Buy tickets, reasonably priced, at the reception desk.) The tuk tuk at the hotel can take you. So convenient to have reliable and safe drivers as part of the hotel. I took them to all the temples. Great! I also did other bookings through the hotel.

Well pros, the wi-fi works well in the room, the hot waters is good, bed alright, cleanliness etc. All good. There is no elevator but the staff brought up the luggage, as they greeted me with a refreshing beverage as I sat in the lobby while they checked me in. I was one flight up, but the steps were not too steep. I would stay at this hotel again. Found it clean and comfortable in a good location along a picturesque park.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo