“lovely hotel, great staff”
Review of Angkoriana Hotel

Angkoriana Hotel
Ranked #226 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A little way from the centre of things, but easy walk or tuk tuk to pub street and markets.
The rooms are clean; we even got upgraded!
The reception staff were simply lovely and very kind to my young son.
Breakfast was included and plentiful with both Asian and western food available. The rest of the menu was not extensive but the pizza was awesome!
I'd definitely recommend a stay here if you n want somewhere a little cushy and quiet

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Angkoriana Hotel

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. The staff helped with all our questions and the tuk-tuk driver they provided was wonderful.
The western choices for food were good. The massage was excellent and the pool was clean and so refreshing. I would stay here again. They added an extra bed for us and provided all the things we needed for an enjoyable stay in Siem Reap.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A group of nine of us stayed at the Angkoriana for 4 nights and all of us thought it was a great place wroth coming back to. The staff was very accommodating and friendly, the rooms were spacious and comfortable. It's right on the road to Siem Reap, but you can take a tuk tuk right out front the hotel for $2-$3 and be in town. I didn't have the chance to visit the museum across the street but my friends who did said it was well worth it. For the price, this was quite a treat and more than expected. I would recommend the Angkoriana to anyone on a trip to Siem Reap, especially if visiting all the Temples.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We, me and my fiance stayed at Angkoriana for 3 nights from Dec 4 - 7 which we booked on Agoda.com for SGD$30 a night. What a steal! We were given the ground floor room and had 1 double and 1 single bed! While it's a far cry to it's close by neighbor, the Raffles, Angkoriana provided everything we needed and more.

All the staff were friendly and accomodating to our needs and request. The doormen smile each time we entered and exited the hotel and the tuk tuk drivers attached to the hotel were also very friendly. (We reccommend No. 16, Driver Narin)

Hotel room were furbished and clean, TV had an array of channels from AXN to Discovery and water was topped up everyday. Mosquitoes are kind of a problem but if you ensure you have insect repellent, you'll be fine.

Breakfast was nice! Fried Rice, Fried noodles, Bacon, Sauasage, Hash browns, fruits, Buns, cereal and a live station for omelettes and pancakes, delicious.. the pool looked nice although we were too busy exploring Siem Reap to swim.

Do follow the sunset tour to tonle sap from Angkoriana, I hear many get conned and scammed at tonle sap but I can promise you that if you follow the hotel tour, you'll love the whole experience! We did and were very happy that we made that decision..

Overall, I loved this little hotel. It was quaint and charming, and very convenient located only across the national museum, 5 mins away from pub street and 10 mins away from the temples..

Room Tip: Hotel has no lift so if possible request for the 1st or 2nd floor. And join the sunset tour to tonle...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Angkoriana for four nights November 30-Dec. 4, 2012 with friends for the international 1/2 marathon. The hotel is really luxurious at a reasonable cost. I was in a room with three budget minded-people and the room was comfortable. I do not like soft beds, so I found these beds just perfect. The pool is clean and refreshing and the food very good. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. We rented tuk tuks from the hotel to tour around Angkor Wat and beyond. We were never disappointed. The hotel is central to markets and restaurants which are 5 minutes away. It is across the street is the national museum, which is great - because it has ATMs.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a great little hotel. Very centrally located but still very quite at night. The hotel staff was VERY sweet and accommodating. The breakfast was a tremendous value especially considering in was included in the cost of the room that was basically nothing. The swimming pool was nice and clean, you can order drinks straight up to the side of the pool.
We booked a guide and a tuk tuk for visiting the temples and was so impressed with their choice of guide and driver for us that we booked them two days.
Your a block away from the world famous Raffles so for us, we stayed cheap here and eat decadently every night at Raffles. Although on our first nights arrival we ate at the onsite restaurant at Angkoriana and it too was really great. The steamed whole fish and especially the vegetable plate (which wasn't on the menu, I just asked them to make me a plate of mixed vegetables) was wonderful.
I only had one complaint, why I am only giving them 4stars and that was about the beds. My husband and I booked a double bed but when we got to the room it was two separate beds pushed together but still made up separately. I would recommend that for any hotel if you are going to adjust beds in such a way that you invest in the middle joining padding that ties the beds together and them make them up as one bed instead of two just pushed together. They were also very hard for my liking but I like a softer bed so this might just be a matter of choice. However if they were to invest in some nice cushy mattress pads to soften the blow a lite it couldn't hurt.
That all said, I paid $29 per night including breakfast which was a steal. I felt so guilty for staying so cheap, in a country so poor, I tipped people just for bringing me water.
I absolutely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: If your a couple, request a proper double bed or spring the whole extra $5-10 dollars for the suite...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As mentioned by a lot of other reviewers, this hotel, while not super luxurious, offers everything you'll ever need. The rooms are clean and well conditioned, the staff are all friendly and accommodating. We came here for the Intl Half Marathon and stayed for 4 nights, and they were able to get us stuff like water, early breakfast, advice for transportation...etc. It may not sound like a lot but we got everything we wanted without any hassle, which I can't say for most of the other hotels I've stayed in. The spa (quaint little hut) beside the pool was also a very good value for money....we had an $8 60 min foot massage, and the pool itself looks relaxing (though we didn't have time to pop in). The location, as with a lot of Siem Reap hotels, is good, but I think it's a plus that the excellent Angkor National Museum is just right across. For around $30 per night, it has delivered beyond our expectations, and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing stay in Siem Reap.

1  Thank ebikatsu