“Wonderful Stay”
Review of Le Meridien Angkor

Le Meridien Angkor
Ranked #62 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Everybody was friendly and sincere when giving a service. Being a guest, I felt really homey and had great stay. The pool is beautiful, my favorite spot at the Hotel. Feeling comfort and like the turn down service items so much!

Room Tip: The room facing the garden is the best
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank petrasari
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had inspiring stay with us! We will share with our friendly team on your feedback. We will maintain your favorite spot until your return. We look forward to welcome you back ‘home’.

Masahiro Taguchi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family spent 4 days/3 nights at Le Meridien Angkor during a New Year's trip to Angkor Wat. The hotel is perfectly located very close to the Angkor attractions. We stayed in two rooms on the palm tree/pool side of the hotel. The rooms were fine with all necessary amenities. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Chef Nicolas, in particular, was fantastic and went out of his way to provide tasty meals for a member of our family with a food allergy. However, we had difficulty communicating our simple food allergy to the rest of the restaurant staff when the chef was not present. We had sent a message in advance of our visit advising the hotel of the food allergy. We enjoyed the lovely pool after a hot day touring the Angkor temples. We arrived on New Year's Eve after a long and tiring trip and requested to opt out of the "compulsory" New Year's Eve dinner/party on the hotel grounds. Our children could not stay up that late so there was no point. Strange that the event was compulsory, although in the end they did grant our request not to attend and we were not charged the $130 per person fee! Overall we had a pleasant stay at this hotel during a memorable visit to Siem Riep and the Angkor sites.

Room Tip: We had rooms by the palm trees, which was a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mary m
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Angkor, we thank you for taking the time to review Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that our rooms and our staff gave you entire satisfaction. I will share your feedback to our colleagues.

We are very sorry for your difficulty on communicating the message to our restaurant staff. Will definitely improve the communication level for your next visit.

The compulsory New Year’s Eve dinner are compulsory for all guest staying within the period. We did not charge due to your special request.

Hope to have the pleasure of greeting you again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent 3 nights in a suite overlooking the vast green lawns. The suite was rather spacious and equipped with all the comforts that one would expect from such a hotel. The staff also delighted us with little unexpected treats in our room. There is a 24 hour drink service for Platinum starwood members in the lobby and also free evening drinks in the Naga lounge. The breakfast was quite varied and the pool was delightful. The gym however was rather small and not very well-equipped. The accessible hotel grounds are not unusually large. On the upside though it is very close to Angkor wat and therefore we could travel back and forth easily. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor team and thank you on a great review.

It is great and heart-warming to read your experience during your stay with us and we are so pleased we were able to make your holiday a memorable success. Thank you for your compliment on our staff I will convey your kind message to all our associates.

Our gym is rather small due to combination of gym, spa and sauna. Nevertheless we trust you had a great exercise!

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon and you can trust that all our friendly staff will just do their utmost to make your next experience at our resort another memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We've spent 4 nights at Le Meridien Angkor for part of our honeymoon trip. It was the worst four nights during our 15 days honeymoon! The only reason why I decided to book this hotel because it is supposed to be a "Le Meridien"! I've read all the great reviews of this hotel and I was so confident that we would have a wonderful stay there. First of all, our room had a very disgusting stink to it. We've tried to utilize the aromatherapy oil burner to get rid of it but that didn't help. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed ever! Low quality mattress! Breakfast was a joke, no fresh juices to choose from, only low quality OJ that was available. Choices of cold cuts were horrible. I still do not understand how they can operate a Le Meridien with such low standard when it comes to breakfast. We managed to try dinner here as well. It was not bad but nothing more. Save your money and do not try the afternoon tea. The macarons were completely hard like a stone! It was either poor made or it had been siting around for days! And since we stayed during the New Year, we had to pay for this compulsory New Year Eve dinner. I didn't have high expectation since it is a buffet but the quality of food provided was not even acceptable. I went to satay section of the buffet and asked for two skewer of chicken. The server refused to make me fresh ones and insisted to give me the ones that were already made. The skewers were cold and it was sitting out there for God knows how long! No one came and refill our wine/beer. Entertainment was a joke. I wished we went somewhere else to celebrate our new year eve. Last two days, things got worst! Housekeeping decided not to clean my room, she managed to threw some clean towels on the bathtub but nothing else. Evening came, no turndown service. I got really annoyed and I finally called Guest services to complaint. Guest service rep response was "Oh." Did not offer to send someone to clean the room or anything, just "Oh." I requested for some shampoo/body wash since the lady did not replenish. He replied, "OK". Did not even apologize! An hour passed by, no one came by to drop off anything. I had to call AGAIN to request for my shampoon/body wash so I can take a shower. My shower also did not drained. I called housekeeping the very first day to inform, but no action was taken. Lastly, we both had a 90 mins massage which my husband and I can both label it as the worst massage in our lives. I do not believe they have any training at all, all the pressure points were completely off. They do not give you any questionnaire to fill out or ask for your preference. I repeatedly ask the lady for stronger pressure, she said yes certainly, but nothing changed. She had absolutely no idea what she was doing. And I forgot to mention, if you are Japanese, you get treated like Royalties here. They even have a translator for the entire show for Japanese.
Save your money and go elsewhere. This is definitely not a real Le Meridien!!!

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Le Meridien Angkor!!

We truly apologize for inconvenience caused you experienced during your stay. I assured you that we will look into each issue that you raised, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel services.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and again we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

We hope to have an opportunity to show ourselves in a better light on some other future occasion.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The room was spacious and comfortable. It was an extremely convenient location to the attractions of Angkor Wat. A wonderful staff that was gracious and accommodating. We stayed for four nights but did not use all of the amenities available. There was a pool and spa. We appreciated the free pick up from the airport. There was a charge to return but it was reasonable. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The only draw back was inconsistent internet. Overall an excellent stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy K
Masahiro_Taguchi_LMA, General Manager at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Angkor, we thank you for taking the time to share your refreshing experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments encourage our staff to keep on delivering such services. I will share your positive notes to our colleagues.

Yes, the internet sometimes a little bit inconsistent. The internet cable was cut under the sea hence inconsistent internet connection in Siem Reap.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon and you can trust that all our friendly staff will just do our utmost to make your next experience at our resort another memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I used my Starpoints to book here for six nights over New Year (the advertised rate of US$330 a night was absurd) and would not hesitate to return.

The only major aspect that lets the hotel down is the breakfast. It's inexplicably third rate for a Le Meridien. Typical example: there was one type of fruit juice. Orange. And it's poor manufactured orange juice. We had fresh squeezed at a cheap place in town. So no excuse. Another example: no Bircher muesli. I can't remember the last hotel I stayed in that didn't have this. The Le Meridien in Bangkok has one of the best breakfast choices of any hotel I've stayed in (after Raffles Phnom Penh, The W in Bali and - er - The Fresh Hotel in Athens) so I can't explain why the choice here is so substandard. I don't want to go on about it but the $2 ride into town gets you a far better and better value breakfast than they manage here.

Apart from that... Great hotel. Slightly showing its age but full of lovely management touches. Each day we got new fresh fruit. Most days we got chocolates or other sweets in the room. Excellent pool area. Reasonable prices for food and drink (apart from breakfast). Wifi was decently fast throughout and coverage was everywhere.

It's a huge hotel. Strange architecture like a Soviet factory from the outside. We got a room overlooking the lobby. Very convenient. Same smell as Le Meridien Bangkok. Extensive grounds.

We joined the New Year party ($150 each) which was billed as compulsory but turned out not to be. Good food, cheap wine that could have included cheap sparking throughout the evening but didn't (in Cambodia you can get French sparking in supermarkets for $6 so - again - no excuse). Entertaining fighting display.

I'd stay here again in an instant. And would not take breakfast again until the chef from Bangkok has visited.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon trip. The hotel offered us a complimentary pick-up from the hotel, and waited for us even though our flight was over an hour delayed. The service we received was undoubtedly one of the best we experienced in Southeast Asia. We were able to enjoy some delicious free drinks while the staff checked us in on our behalf, and there was rose petal decor & a delicious white chocolate cake waiting for us in our room when we checked in.

The hotel itself is really beautiful, and conveniently located to Angkor Wat and the Siem Reap airport. The breakfast buffet is also worth a try one day. As a bonus, if your departure is after your checkout time, the staff will offer you a room to shower before your flight.

The only disadvantage was the tour we received for Angkor Wat, which we booked through the hotel. Given the rate they charge & the tour quality you receive, it's probably worth it to book this elsewhere.