“Amazing hotel, good location, great staff, good amenities”
Review of Le Meridien Angkor

Le Meridien Angkor
Ranked #61 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 3rd leg of our honeymoon in southeast Asia. The hotel is in a great location and very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The ride to town is short and the Tuk-Tuk provides great experiences. There were some hiccups during check-in; however, the staff and Le Meridien provided seamless resolution. This hotel is great because of closeness to Angkor and the town. We would visit temples by day, come back clean up and head out to town for dinner and drinks. The pool was nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your time on sharing your experience during your recent visit to Siem Reap.

The contemporary design and settings have all been carefully studied to offer a new perspective and to inspire our guests during their stay. To hear that you enjoyed these elements brings us a great pride.

We look forward to welcoming you once more back to Le Méridien Angkor.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Angkor

Reviewed December 27, 2012

No Marriott hotel in Siem Reap. I don’t mind try Starwood. Not cheap, the room is very clean, breakfast is good, I like Asian style so much…. The concierge is very helpful. I bought the tickets for Angkor Wat, concierge help me on the luggage, and very detail introduction of tour around. Actually, I am the second time to Siem Reap. But very enjoy the warm service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amelie_T316
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Le Méridien Angkor for your recent visit to Siem Reap-Angkor and very much appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences with us.

Thank you for your kind comment on our culture service, room, signature breakfast and the concierge team.

I shall share your kind compliments with our team, especially the concierge team. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Angkor on your next trip to Siem Reap-Angkor.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is amazing. We arrived the night before my birthday and the next day they surprised me with a beautiful birthday cake in my room. That goes above and beyond service. They also helped us find another hotel when we left. We had a great stay there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Angkor during your visit to Siem Reap.

We are delighted that you had a memorable stay with us and we forward to welcoming you again to our resort.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed a couple nights here using some of our Starwood reward points. Would highly recommend it. The rooms were nicely furnished and very quiet. The pool was great to relax in during the afternoon. The staff was supremely helpful. They even brought my Mom a birthday cake on her birthday! The location was also great - about as close to Angkor Wat as you can get.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Angkor. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to learn that you had an inspired stay.

We are delighted to hear that you experienced our full equipped spacious room, Khmer inspiring pool, birthday gift and the location – closest to Angkor Wat.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Le Meridien Angkor on your next trip to Siem Reap.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have just experienced one of the best concierge service in my travel life. The staff are very friendly, helpfull and very well informed. They were able to give a usefull advise on how to best enjoy your trip to the temple complex and how it will suit your preference. Although the overall attitude of the other staff were also courteous, there was a slightly incident with the Lobby Lounge staff. I was just enjoying my afternoon tea with their fine selection of assortments when one of the staff handed me my bill. I told her that I didnt ask for it as I wasnt finish yet and she failed to give any resonable excuse though she seemed very embarrassed. I did sign the bill at the end, however I have told her that it was inappropriate as it gave an impression that they wanted the guest to leave as soon as possible. On top of that, my short trip to Siem Reap was memorable and part of it because I have choosen a good place to stay.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Angkor. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to learn that you had an inspired stay.

We appreciate your feedback with regards to the lobby lounge incident. I shall address this matter to my team immediately to avoid the similar situation in the future.

I shall share your kind compliments about our concierge team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights using SPG points and my experience was very positive. The service was generally good and the staff courteous. I received a complimentary airport pick up and free internet access in my room -- both very much appreciated! I would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors to Siem Reap, you will be well taken care of and it is only a short tuk-tuk ride into town. While the building's architecture is extremely ugly from the outside, the interior--while somewhat dated--is well cared for. Yes, I had one of those big box TVs that other reviewers complained about, but it worked fine, so no complaints. And my third floor room was spacious and clean.

The only downside was the evening staff in the Angkor Cafe. When I asked for my discount as an SPG member, the waitress insisted that I show my SPG card, even though I explained my SPG number was already in the system. Her attitude was not pleasant.

Nevertheless, especially for a free stay, this hotel exceeded my expectations. It is apparent to me that this property is well managed. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Veasna B, Online Marketing Executive at Le Meridien Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate for your choosing Le Méridien Angkor for your recent vacation and also your kind compliments which including us as a “Good Hotel”.

We are pleased to hear that you are impressed with our SPG Starpoints values, complimentary airport pick-up, Wi-Fi Internet access in the room and the spacious comfortable room.

We truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Le Meridien Angkor on your next trip to Siem Reap-Angkor.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Frankly speaking, we couldn't believe there was such a luxury hotel in this poor country before we went there. But we finally found it was really an impressive 5-star hotel - room, service and food.

A small disadvantage of this hotel is its distance to the downtown, and we have to take the tuk-tuk to the restaurants and bars everyday.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate for your choosing Le Méridien Angkor for your recent vacation and also your kind compliments.

It is wonderful to know you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the hotel facilities and our service culture.