“Fantastic - look no further!”

Community Residence Siem Reap
Ranked #119 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic - look no further!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Don't waste your time looking for somewhere else to stay, this is the place! We have just returned from a 5 night stay with our 3 children (3, 6 & 8) and it was one of our best holidays we've had with the children, due in no small part to the accommodation. We had adjoining rooms which came with a large balcony. They were clean, spacious, had everything you could need or want, including a generous 'help yourself' free mini bar excluding beer. The staff were exceptional. Free tuk tuks to make that short hop into town in the evening were also a bonus, equally you could hang out at the hotel in the lovely garden and eat at the hotel's own restaurant (thank you Rath for your superb service!). We really appreciated the flexible attitude (always essential when travelling with small children) and particularly like the ethos of Journeys Within's various projects helping the local people to achieve a better standard of living. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had rooms 7&9 which worked well as adjoining rooms (9 with the king bed, 7 with 2 queen beds)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank caroleandstuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reno
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I would recommend Journeys Within Boutique Hotel to everyone who is planning a trip to Siem Reap. I had an amazing stay here. Everything was perfect about this place. The rooms are amazing, clean beautiful and comfortable. The staff is so attentive and amazing people. I made some life long friends with the staff and will never forget them. The food and service at the restaurant is the best food I had on my whole trip there. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, and everyone who works there truly want you to have the best experience possible. Definitely stay here when in Siem Reap!

Room Tip: All of the room locations seemed good to me. I don't think you could go wrong with any room here...
1 Thank lubbem11
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The moment our van pulled up to the gates of Journey's Within in June of 2012, it felt like home. With the warmest of welcomes they staff was thrilled to have us there and our group simultaneously glanced at each other thinking "is this for real? We are about to have a fantastic week!" And that we did! The rooms were clean, refreshing, and spacious. We were a group of 6 young women used to back packing and roughing it with no electricity as we roam the world, needless to say Journey's Within was a huge treat. A/C everynight and a clean shower, not to mention the unbelievable FOOD!!!!! But, all that doesn't nearly measure up to the impeccable service from the staff. Whether the car service drivers, the front desk managers, or the massage women, every single one of them had the biggest smiles upon their face. Making great life long friends there, Makara and Rhat will be a part of my life forever, thats the kind of people they are. I've been back in the States for a little over a week now and I am deeply deeply missing my time not only in Cambodia but within the walls of Journey's Within.

2 Thank Bullentini
Warwick, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2012

AMAZING place. I wish there was a Journey's Within everywhere I went. Great food and such a wonderful staff. We had the best guide, Sina and Makara was always there to help us with anything we needed. We miss them! It felt like home. Awesome tours of temples, ATVs and more! I would recommend it 100x over and I want to go back so bad!! MISS IT SO MUCH!

2 Thank Holly E
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A very delayed review - but hoping better late... We travelled to Cambodia from our home in Singapore and stayed at Journeys Within for 5 days. This was the perfect hotel with children (twin 9 yr olds) - as not only are the grounds child-friendly, the owners children, sweet cat and staff's children also joined in on pool and playground time. All the other reviewers do a great job describing the property and we picked Journeys based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not let down.

We also had the owner, Andrea, plan all our adventures and she did an excellent job putting together a plan that worked for families and listened to me about what I thought the kids could and couldn't do. We have never used a tour company before and it was great - plus having them right on sight at the their lovely hotel for additional asia travel advice.

We toured temples with their guide, went horseback riding through small villages and past local schools, volunteered at Journeys community space right next door and went on a long bike ride through more villages. Our bike guide took us to his home village and our children were given a tour that showed them life in the villages - from drawing water from the well, to home building and food preparation.

Since we live in Singapore, the heat was not as much of an issue - but I can see how some of these activities would be hard on families not use to the heat. (my kids did fall apart the last 10 minutes of the bike ride - but nothing a cold drink and snack back at journeys couldn't fix). All of our touring got us back to Journeys in time for lunch - the on-site restaurant does an excellent job with both local and western food and we then explored town in the evening for dinner.

As U.S. expats in Singapore, we also used Andrea to put together a few day touring on another trip to Thailand - they are very flexible and a wonderful resource in Asia. Cambodia is a very special place and Journeys Within does not disappoint.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeanne G
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Journeys Within in May 2012 for 3 nights. This was our first trip to Cambodia and we have Journeys Within to thank for making a memorable one. From the friendly driver waiting for us at the airport, to the yummy welcome drink, amazing staff, and comfortable room, we really couldn't ask for more. I'm a little picky when it comes to hotel rooms and our room did not disappoint. We had a very spacious, well decorated room. The air conditioning (one of my biggest concerns in hot destinations) cooled the room quickly and quietly. I loved the bathroom and the cute little pots used for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Our king size bed was very comfortable and we had a great view of the pool from our room and our large semi-private balcony. The pool itself was a refreshing break from touring temples.
We booked our tour of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Ta Prohm through Anna at Journeys Withing and it couldn't have been easier. I gave her an idea of what type of tour we wanted and she arranged a private car, driver and amazing tour guide (Santhou - sp?). It was nice being able to tour the temples at our own pace and have a knowledgeable guide explaining details we would have missed on our own.
All in all, a great hotel that I highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tsam3
Beijing
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We absolutely love Journey's Within!! The staff is incredibly friendly and genuinely nice. Our kids (ages 2, 6 and 8) are still talking about how awesome Cambodia was 3 months later. They have traveled all over the world and this is their favorite destination.

The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and clean. The pool is fantastic. The food is great. The people are exceptional. We can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family