“One word to describe Journeys Within ......"Wow"”

Community Residence Siem Reap
Ranked #121 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Chicago, Illinois
“One word to describe Journeys Within ......"Wow"”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I love this hotel with great passion. This is more then just a bed and breakfast. It's an experience you don't want to miss. The staff is super friendly there and I really enjoyed myself. My partner and I felt a warm welcome every time we came back to the hotel, which felt really nice. The guide and tour was amazing. Props to the driver, who was the best driver in the universe. This hotel was the perfect choice. I'm pleased and would love to come back with my family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abigail D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sydney
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently went to Cambodia for the first time, and as with any new country there can be a moment of "what am I getting myself into?" when travelling alone.

I'm happy to say that Journeys Within was not only a wonderful place to stay as far as location and comfort, they also made everything fabulously easy for this solo travelling gal.

From travel tips around Siem Reap, to arranging a tour guide I could trust to take me around the temples, the team at Journeys Within made me feel safe and right at home from the moment they collected me from the airport, until it was time to say (a sad) goodbye.

I was so impressed, I dedicated an entire blog post to Journeys Within, which you can check out on my blog (mentioned below).

I highly recommend this little Siem Reap oasis, whether you're travelling solo, or with a gang of friends.

Amanda Woods
www.adventuresallaround.com

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Amanda A
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The young American founders of this travel company and boutique bed and breakfast have managed to create a beautiful serene oasis tucked on a side street in Siem Reap. The ten rooms are large, appointed with the necessary air conditioning. Each looks over an inviting pool that beckons travelers at the end of the day, although the showers in each room are a pure delight. Grounds are lush with pathways leading from the main building past a small pond to the restaurant, cottages and pool beyond. Each meal at the on site restaurant was fresh and delicious.The entire staff exemplifies hospitality at its best and most genuine. An added feature for this solo traveler was the confidence in a safe environment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KDrellich
Tahoe
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We recently had our second trip to Siem Reap and our second stay at Journeys Within- this time arriving with our two kids in tow. I was really happy to see how nice the addition to the hotel turned out and couldn't have been happier with our family suite! We stayed in their "Sita Suite" and was amazed by the value of the suite. The kids room was very large and colorfully decorated with lanterns and art from Happy Cambodia. Our room was an oasis. Spacious, relaxing and sophisticated we really felt it was our "getaway" and the kids were just next door! We utilized the Kids Klub and our kids were happy each morning to head over there and play while we enjoyed a quiet breakfast in the restaurant. We also took advantage of hiring a babysitter there and went out one night on a date. The kids loved the sitter and it was wonderful being so far away from home and 100%comfortable leaving our children with a sitter. I was pleasantly surprised that even though the hotel has grown that the essence of what we loved about it the first stay was still there. The beautiful rooms, impeccable service, the kindest staff, and good food? Journeys Within feels like a home away fom home and I highly recommend it to families and couples and everyone else!

Room Tip: We loved the Sita Suite, but also loved the room we stayed in a few years ago too. Not sure you can...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TahoeCdub
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 31, 2012

What a delight to stay at Journeys Within! From the moment my girlfriend and I arrived we felt right at home with the wonderful staff- they were so welcoming and full of smiles. They were so helpful with all of our questions and helped us to review our ideas for eating choices, temple exploring, and helping to book a last minute cooking class. They made our stay so much easier and more enjoyable. Those smiles are addicting!

We were shown to our room past the beautiful gardens, tropical pond, and amazing infinity pool, and when we arrived the air conditioning was already on- a nice relief from the heat of the afternoon! It was nice touches like this (free drinks in the fridge, free laundry, etc) that made our stay so great. The rooms were big, clean, quiet, magnificently decorated, and my girlfriend fell in love with the rain shower.

The food was great at the on-site restaurant- the iced coffees and fruit shakes are delicious, and the banana crepes are to die for in the mornings. The Fish Amok is outstanding as well.

Definitely recommended. We wished we could stay longer!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John W
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This boutique hotel of 10 rooms is beautiful, clean, and comfortable. It was a delight to return to it after sightseeing. The meals in the on-site restaurant are also excellent, and I especially enjoyed trying the typical Cambodian breakfast noodle soup that was outstanding! My husband loved the fruit shakes. The massages that we had were also very good. Everything this group does, they do well! They are also a philanthropic organization with a school next door and they also provide wells and clean water to villages. Our daily tour guide Sina was exceptional and took excellent care of us while also sharing the rich heritage of this region with us. Journeys Within also arranged a Kymer cooking class for us that we thoroughly enjoyed. Just let them know what you are interested in and they will do their best to arrange it! Don't miss dinner at the Aha restaurant in town. Free tuk-tuk rides to and from town are part of the Journeys Within package.

Room Tip: We were in the farthest building in the back with a beautiful view of the pool from our balcony but...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy817
Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you're traveling with young children, then this is the perfect place. A nice kids club, babysitters, family run and with a wonderful staff.

• Stayed February 2012