“Great location”
Review of Mingalar Inn

Mingalar Inn
Ranked #180 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 5, 2013

On first impressions Mandalay Inn was very nice, the staff were welcoming and the breakfast was good. We chose a fan room which was a bit too hot for us traveling in April. The location is fantastic within walking distance of the night market and pub street. However, one major downside for myself and my partner was the lack of gym quality. The gym is situated on the roof of the building with a great view, but out of the machines only the treadmill work - and this lasted for only 20 minutes and then broke. I informed the staff straight away as we had another four days here. They said they would look into it, everyday I reminded them and they said they hadn't had time. However if you are not bothered about a gym, I would recommend this as a good place to stay when on a budget.

We chose to cycle to Angkor Wat each day which takes around 30 minutes on a flat road and costs two dollars to hire a bike - I would recommend this to those on a tighter budget.

The lady next door does laundry fantastically and for a cheap price! Her and her family were very friendly and always got laundry back efficiently and by when we needed it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hope V

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed in Mandalay Inn a one week, and the room was really clean and nice. Staff was extremely friendly and helpfull and location was also really good. I paid 7dollars for single room with fan, which wasn't much! There's also restaurant and travel agency under the same roof so it's good too. Possibility to use internet also and free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tuulikkijoogi
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after receiving a recommendation from a friend. My experience was not quite the same unfortunately!
Some of the staff were quite rude and unhelpful although a few were very nice. Some too nice—one came onto me several times.
Very close to old market and Pub Street—fine during the day but at night the last 50m is down an unlit relatively quiet street—probably fine so long as you're not on your own.
Room was ok for the price but unfortunately had loads of mosquitos. Twice staff knocked on my door late at night with unnecessary requests.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank LMCNZL
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in this guesthouse in Feb'2013 and I will recommend it to those travelers who looking for clean and tourists friendly place in Siem Reap.Located in silent area on one of the side street but at the same time not very far from the famous Pub street!Stuff was very friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent value for money and in a great location around the corner from Pub Street charging just $16 a night for a private double with a/c, tv, free wifi in a clean room. Staff were friendly and helpful and helped us arrange trips out with a great tuk tuk driver. We also enjoyed the Burmese food on offer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was not a nice stay in Siem Reap. First of all, the room was very hot inside and bed sheets weren't clean at all. The next day I found a few very big lumps on my legs. Sometimes the staff was helpful and friendly. When I checked out, I stored my luggage in the storage room. But a few hours later, I came back to take my luggage. I found one bag missing. The staff didn't know where to find my bag, only said "We're not responsible for any loss". Some books and clothes were lost, not very valuable. But I did not feel good to stay in this guesthouse.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Lovely hotel with very friendly helpful staff, clean modern rooms and with a fridge as well which was a bonus when on a budget. Oh and access to a roof top gym. Great location near to everything but on a quiet side street. Booked in for 3 nights and stayed 10. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $5 for air con!