“I wanted to rest”

Ranked #148 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“I wanted to rest”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is very nice, big rooms, clean, beautiful pool. But the hot water runs on solar, so very rarely I got a nice warm shower in the 3 days I stayed there. Also, large groups of a certain Asian country made the hotel noisy. They shouted morning and night. It looked like termites had gone through the food at breakfast time, pushing, leaving the warmers opened. At night the dinning room was loud, the tvs in the rooms full sound and one night I had to come out of my room and tell them to be quiet. When I complained to management, I must say, they changed our room but it was still noisy. The manager mentioned that he couldn't put the Westerners and Asians together. So my opinion? yes nice hotel and staff, but if you want to rest at night I will suggest a small hotel where the big tourist groups don't go.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mjmd_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Richfield, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The lobby is large and luxurious. The rooms are large, clean, and well appointed. Best of all, was
the staff. They were friendly and very good at serving the customers. The dining room was large
and comfortable. Breakfast buffets were great. They offered a wide variety of foods, and the
food was well prepared and presented.I loved my stay there, and would not hesitate to make
my base at the Royal Empire if and when I return to Siem Reap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Elk River, Minnesota
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a great place to stay. The rooms were immaculately clean as well as the lobby and hallways.

However, the service and friendliness of the staff outshone the cleaniness. While sitting in the lounge I coughed and a cold glass of water was at my table in twenty seconds. When I needed to use the hotel computer they just didn't give me the passcode, but booted it for me.

Mr. Kao Vinsan(Sam) made sure if I needed assistance, he would take care of it for me. What a great job he does.

Gary Simenson

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

When my family and I landed at Siem Reap airport, we were met by Sam from the Royal Empire Hotel. He was the front office manager and was extremely polite and helpful. He resolved all our concerns with ease and made our holiday at Cambodia wonderful. The "tut tut" driver, Viswan that Sam introduced to us was extremely helpful and charged us a very reasonable rate. The room in the hotel was very clean and comfortable. The hotel food was out of this world! I will certainly stay in this hotel during my next visit to Cambodia next year. Hopefully, Sam will still meet me at the airport!
R. Nambiar

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ravi N
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Sorry for this 2 years ago travel experience which was around March 2010~

it was around 2 years ago when i first travelled to Siem Reap with 3 pals of mine.... If i am not mistaken the price was around rm700++ for 5 days 4 nights stay with Royal Empire hotel using AirAsia package which includes return flight + hotel stays...

Overall i am very impressed with the quality of this hotel which you can see clearly from my few uploaded pictures....

There was a driver with a banner outside the Siem Reap airport waiting for us with my friend's name on it.... and the driver of course send us straight to hotel for check in. Upon reaching the hotel lobby, the receptionists give us each an ice cold orange juice and proceed with our check-in procedures which only takes a few minutes.

Once we are in our respective rooms, we are delighted with the quality of it. The hotel pool was also beautiful as you can see from my picture. The breakfast was splendid and plentiful also.

The hotel is quite strategic as it is the centre point to go to the famous Pub Street (very near to the Angkor night market as well) and also to Angkor Wat. There is a lot of tuks tuks waiting outside the hotel where you can bargain with them and should you are happy with the driver's attitude you can always hire him for the duration of your trip with him as your guide(which i did with a mere USD20 for our total 4 days trip which includes trips to Angkor Wat and the surroundings plus our daily trip for sunrise and sunsets view)

Overall... we are very satisfied with the hotel services and facilities and plus plus... its quite near to a lot of tourist spots in Siem Reap~

Recommend this hotel greatly = )

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeremy_AhSia
Beijing
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hi, I firstly want to say how much I enjoyed my trip to Cambodia, it was a fantastic experience. I would definitely recommend rayal empire hotel to anyone traveling to Cambodia.The room was so clean and the working staff was so nice and hospitable.ESPECIALLY I want to say thanks to Ken San(the duty manager in the lobby at front desk).He gave us(the tour was from Emerson China)exceptionally efficient, helpful and personal service.Please send my best regards to him in person.Thank you! I love Cambodia and the people there!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Facing to the south is the best