“There is no other place like Shinta Mani”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #13 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed at the SPA hotel (Shinta Mani Club) and it was absolutely fantastic. Great food (eating in the swings is a must!), nice and clean hotel, fantastic and big modern rooms. The whole building is very beautiful and the patterns and colors are very well put together in the design, brings some kind of calmness to it. Not to mention the extremely nice, friendly and service minded staff. Also the SPA was great and extremely good prices. We have nothing to complain about and would definitely return when in Cambodia next time!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,170)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very well located hotel not far from the centre of Siam Reap. The staff are very attentive and knowledgeable, though not all are fluent in English( and no reason that they should be). The decor is elegant but simple and well thought out. The bedrooms are very well designed and equipped, and all inward facing into the courtyard.
We were located on the third floor. There is no lift. The ground rooms are on same level as the pool,and may not suit all, though very convenient for the excellent bar.

The hotel organised a take away 5.30 am breakfast for our party, pastries & fruit,for the sunrise trip to Angkor Wat.

The Club is linked with Shinta Mani Resort where there is an excellent restaurant, with international cuisine. Great for lunch. The Resort also has a well equipped boutique.

Room Tip: Higher floor but no lift
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sushil R
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I and our four daughters (aged 9-13) visited Siem Reap with the intent of staying only long enough to take in Angkor Wat and the surrounding temples. A friend recommended Shinta Mani, not only because it is a comfortable hotel, but also because he thought we’d appreciate the mission of the hotel’s foundation and that we’d like the hotel’s general manager, Christian. Was he ever right!

As you have gleaned from other reviews, the hotel is lovely, well appointed, serves great food, has a nice pool, and is well located. But what makes this hotel special and different from the many hotels we’ve stayed in during our several months of travel is the staff. We have never stayed anywhere with such a consistently gentle, sincere, kind, and invested group of people. All these employees are graduates of the hotel training program the foundation runs on the premises; you can tell how proud they are of their positions and the hotel. The result is a level of service that far surpasses what we have found at other hotels in the region.

It is quickly evident that this tone is set and supported from the top by Christian, who made us feel like we were his own personal guests. We ended up staying for 3 weeks. When we sadly had to leave, no fewer than 20 employees turned out to hug our girls goodbye. One of our daughters turned to me two weeks later, showed me the photo of the group saying goodbye, and said, “I miss Shinta Mani.”

A quick list of some specifics: we stayed on the resort side in two connecting rooms. Mosquitos were never a problem and we had no issues with noise. They provided us with two extra beds that we put in one of the rooms (we got our own room, yay!) and it worked out perfectly. Wifi worked well (except for having to relog in every time), and they always had a fleet of tuks tuks ready to take us wherever we wanted to go (for $2!!).

Siem Reap is a fabulous place for families. Knowing we had a wonderful home base, we explored the town and its many great restaurants, bakeries, boutiques, and ice cream stores. We had fun making pottery, zip-lining in the jungle, taking cooking lessons, seeing the circus, and watching a traditional shadow puppet show. Around town, do not miss The Hive and the Upstairs Café for lunches, Belmiro’s and Il Forno for pizza, Shinta Mani’s dinner on the club side of the street, Blossom Café for cupcakes, and custom-made sandals at Angkor Making Shoes.

Siem Reap is so much more than the awe-inspiring temples around Angkor Wat, and Shinta Mani is without doubt the place to stay.

P.S. Every two weeks the hotel hosts a local craft show that is really fun. Christian is clearly invested in the community (loaned me a few relevant books) and this market was yet another way he helps community members improve their lives.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Dallas_discern
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I spent 2 nights at Shinta Mani in Siem Reap. I loved this hotel for the amenities, food, staff assistance and spa services. I almost did not have to leave this place because it has everything here. I did go out each night on a hired tuk tuk just to experience the city. The hotel concierge hailed a tuk tuk driver from the street; gives him strict instructions to bring me back safe. The concierge also took down the name and number of the tuk tuk driver and vehicle. Boy, I was impressed with the extra care the staff undertook to ensure my safety. I had my breakfasts and one dinner at the hotel restaurant and I was impressed with the selections and my meals were tasty. The spa services were reasonable and the staff there were very gentle and the ambience very zen like. I can't say enough about Shanti Mani....I loved it here.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are obviously much more convenient but if you can manage the stairs, second floor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Storm_Zen
Reviewed April 5, 2014

If you like your hotels small, beautiful, quiet and comfortable, with excellent service and good food, this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed a three-night stay there; it is well designed, with a cool, calm, harmonious atmosphere; the manager is very friendly and helpful and so is his staff; the restaurant - with swinging sofa seats suspended over pools if you fancy reclining while you eat - is very good. A lovely place, highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms I saw were all large and comfortable; those by the pool might be noisy depending on who el...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheila d
Reviewed April 3, 2014

For the first time ever, we all felt like we really did not want to leave this property! I went on a family holiday with my parents, my sibling and my husband and what a memorable stay it was!

This high end property offers the most genuinely caring and attentive staff that will above all make your stay special and the cool, scented towels they offer each time a guest walks into the hotel really never gets old! I have to agree with previous reviewers that nothing is too much trouble to ask the staff and they are all willing to help with a smile. We are all vegetarians and when we asked for a vegetarian breakfast menu, we were overwhelmed with the choices provided the following morning!

The hotel decor is appropriately beautiful with lotus lily water features and the calming scent of jasmine throughout the hallways. The rooms are big, comfortable and well appointed. The main pool is again a charming and cool relief after all the temple treks. The spa, whilst nice and professional, was average to experiences I have had elsewhere especially considering that one can find amazingly cheap massage deals in town.

Overall, Shinta Mani is a treasure we found in the charming town of Siem Reap and we would stay there again or recommend the hotel to others without a second thought.

Room Tip: I would recommend a ground floor level room as it gives easy access to the pool in the courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Shintamani is a superbly run place, beautifully designed, with exceptional staff and service. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The breakfasts were great. I got the flu on our last day and the staff went to some trouble scouting around for medical treatment options for me.

I would definitely return on my next trip to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple