“Very Well Done Boutique”
Review of Shinta Mani Club

Shinta Mani Club
Ranked #11 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very Well Done Boutique”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This Bill Bensley designed Boutique is everything you would hope for. Great hardware and software. Excellent service and attentive to every need of the guest. In a world of great looking hotels with average service, this is a standout.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank portagio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this review by stating that we clearly saved the best for last. After 2.5 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia, we ended our trip by taking in the magnificent sights of Siem Reap. Although Angkor Wat was on my "must see" life list, I must admit that other temples surpassed it in terms of beauty, etc. However, no one can deny the sheer awe induced by seeing a childhood fantasy in full, glorious, technicolor real life. Wow.

I recognize that the above has nothing at all to do with this property, but perhaps the endorphins that were released during the sightseeing made everything just that much better! Removing that factor, this property was far and away the best on this trip, and one of the very finest I have ever stayed at. Yes, the lobby, common areas, rooms, dining, etc were fabulous. Absolutely nothing but praise to give there. However, what distinguished this property above so many others was the amazing service. Every single employee we met exuded genuine kindness, happiness, and helpfulness. It was nothing short of remarkable, and it truly made the difference between a great stay and an incredibly memorable, over the top one. I only wish I could thank every single person by name in this forum, but sadly, it isn't possible.

Bottom line: there is NO better place to stay in Siem Reap!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Diane M
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Beautiful hotel, rooms round well maintained pool, superb service from most friendly staff seemed to know what we needed before we even knew we wanted it! eg Glass of water, fresh fruit at the pool, maps and directions when we went out, cool clothes when we came in ... the list is endless- was such a joy to be there - really didnt want to leave - The Hays

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor overlooking pool which was beautiful - but would have liked to have been on gr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TheHays2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here for three nights and I felt so great about the service which this hotel provided to me. The staff were so excellent all the time..
They are very suitable to get the number one hotel in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: i prefer first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel experience was one of my favorites ever. The hotel smells of jasmine, is modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms on the floor level look over the pool and are beautiful.
The staff are the warmest, kindest people I've ever met in my life. I was incredibly depressed to leave.
The breakfast is wonderful with delicious fresh fruit and juices. The pool is warm and lovely. Honestly I would go back here every year if I could.
One little request - more drinkable water bottles in the hotel room needed!
Thank you Shinta Mani for such an amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

When I see bad comments about a hotel on TA, they usually start with the good and then get into why they didnt like the hotel after that.

For the Shinta Mani, I want to start with the bad because it helps to show why this hotel is so highly rated.

When me and my partner arrived at the airport in Siem Reap, there was no car/driver to meet us. We kept waiting and waiting until there were no more passengers from our flight, until there were no more drivers picking up arrivals.

I called the hotel and at first they couldnt find my name. I told them that I had a confirmed pick-up, they found my reservation and said someone would be there in 20 minutes. 20 minutes passed and no one had arrived. I called them back and got a different person, went through all the details again, and this next person said someone would be there in another 20 minutes (they showed up about 5 minutes later).

I was steaming. The last thing you want when arriving in a new country, with sweltering heat, is to have to run around looking for transport.

Anyway, as I was in the air conditioned car to the hotel, I was thinking of my comments here on TA and the rating I would give. I'd be generous and give Shinta Mani a 3 star.

Then we arrived. Rataná met us and apologized profusely. She had us sit in a nice, quiet reception area off to the side and away from the front office traffic. She reconfirmed our pick up for the flight but mentioned that our flight arrived early. [True. But all the other hotels seemed to know to get their cars their in time to meet their arrivals.]

Anyway, her charm started to take effect, we were checked in very efficiently and our bags were waiting for us in the room. As we walked around the hotel grounds, we were always meet with pleasant smiles and a nice good afternoon. The dinner we had at the hotel that evening was perfect.

My rating had already risen to a 4 star.

The next day the hotel had our guide ready for us early in the morning for the sunrise at Angkor Wat and throughout that day, and the next, and the next, the staff and service (and in particular Rataná) were outstanding. The rooms are large and well cleaned. Everywhere we turned the management of this hotel had everything well under control to give the best in hotel services.

I leave the Shinta Mani loving this hotel and rating this overall experience a 5 star experience.

And note, they didnt take the pick up charge off the bill. They didnt give me a free dinner, or drinks at the bar, or anything.

They just earned this rating with good service once I had arrived at the hotel with the charm of their staff and Rataná.

Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scott_Lombok
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at the Shinta Mani Hotel for 3 nights in February 2014. The hotel itself is beautiful, but what really sets it apart is the outstanding customer service by the hotel staff. The service is the best we have ever experienced in any hotel around the world.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple