“Perfect stay in Siem Reap”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #16 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great staff, always friendly and helpful. They were very helpful in helping us plan day trips and arranging guides to visit the temple complex. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The restaurant had a lovely breakfast and a good dinner menu. We loved the swinging tables.
Every time you return to the hotel you are greeted with a refreshing towel and a smile. It was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the ground floor. There was not any noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,139)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have spent 10 days at this hotel so I can attest to the consistency of excellent customer service.
From the first minute of my arrival it has been first class service from the front desk, the restaurant staff to house keeping. The entire staff make you feel at home.
The room is well appointed and very clean with twice a day maid service, the pool is a sweet spot with just the right temp and pool side wait staff there at a moments notice. The restaurant has a yummy breakfast, great dinner menu and the wine or cocktails are on pare with American night clubs. If I ever return to Siem Reap I would return here in a heart beat and not even consider looking else where. One last point is it is centrally ltocated to most of the destinations in town. (Since I didn't use the spa or gym I didn't rate those areas)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pauline C
Reviewed February 11, 2014

After starting out with a slight mix up that placed us at the Shinta Mani resort across the street, we got to our room at the Club in a Deluxe Living Room. This honestly left us a little upset at first, but the manner in which it was resolved was efficient and it was smooth sailing from there.

The suite was modern but cozy, with very comfortable beds and tons of space. We also received a plate full of lychee upon arrival which was delightful, and all water and mini bar contents were also included. Bottled water was always available in the room, as well as at the entrance of the hotel. Another the nice touch was the jasmine infused wet towels that you were presented with every time you approached the hotel. A refreshing way to cool off after being out during the day, especially in the dusty town center.

Apart from the room, the staff was top notch - friendly, helpful, and cheerful. Breakfast at the restaurant on the premises was superb, and consisted partially of a buffet and partially of made-to-order plates. All of it was delicious and fresh. We spoke to many of the staff members throughout the grounds, and you couldn't help but smile after each interaction because of how upbeat everyone is. We also met Christian, the General Manager, who accompanied us on a tuk-tuk ride to their restaurant AHA (located in town but also run by the hotel), and he told us about his experiences in Cambodia, managing his properties, as well as the AHA restaurant (which was also outstanding). Even though we were only there for a few days, we didn't want to leave. If I could, I would give it 6-bubbles - it's no wonder this place is #1.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank abbylok89
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The staff are the key, while the facility is beautiful the staff is even better. I am a middle aged male traveling solo, (meeting friends ) my arrival was very late however door staff and desk where expecting me as treated to a quiet and dignified greeting, the door was enthusiastic without the overbearing, so nice compared so the nicer hotels in the US where workers hover at the perimeter waiting for their tip.

my turn down service was nice, room was stocked with cold drinks and small bag of pistachios, after 27 hours of flights and transfers to step into a comfortable room with some small amenities (in my case a cold beer and nuts was a blessing.

The mosquitos are common at dusk and mornings, and if you aren't used to mosquitos hovering around it might drive you to distraction in the public spaces (all the public rooms are outdoor spaces ) since I am from a part of the South U.S. where we have mosquitos and no-see-ums they don't bother me. if mosquitos bother you wear some feet..(or try the skin product called skin-so-soft which for some reason is not a repellent but mosquitos hate it!

Breakfast was great as was the service, we had packs made for our earlier excursions and those where so yummy to picnic after some sunrise shots...

be sure to take advantage of the amenities across the street at the sister hotel-Shinta Mani Resort, those are free to guests, I preferred the menu particularly the curry items, and the fish amok! The pool across the street is warmer as it has more exposure, the salt water is like bathing is the tears of a million apsaras! The salt cleanses the tiny bites and scratches associated with scrambling around ruins and jungle!

my only negative was after an afternoon room cleaning I hopped in the shower and stepped out of the shower to find another employee in my room, doing something else, fortunately for her I had a towel to cover the pale freckly carcass of an overfed overgrown middle-age westerner!

(to staff: if you put a broom whisk straw at the edge of the door jam your staff can observe the position of the straw to indicate wether the guest is in residence or has a left, though this takes training and observation to use well, but it might cut down on room entries of occupied rooms)

Amenity --the soaps used in the bath areas are great, I think I want a years supply of the body wash!!

I will return to this hotel!! hopefully next time with my wife!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel. From the minute we arrived early in the morning the immaculate service started and we were welcomed for breakfast and an early check in. The hotel (both the club and resort on the opposite side of the road) are beautifully designed. Lotus flowers and jasmine adorn every corner, the corridors are filled with the smell of peppermint and frangipani. The attention to detail is amazing. Go to Bensleys bar for a brilliantly mixed cocktail. Have the delicious breakfast on one of the huge ornate swing seats on the front porch. This is probably one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Comfy beds, beautiful room fit outs and ambience galore.

One small point to watch, we booked our room through a well known travel site. Check the room description when you book -our "pool side room" turned out to have its door on the pool side, but the whole view front of the room with glass patio windows was onto the back of the hotel fence -with no pool access. Bit misleading but we blame the travel company for this not the hotel. If you want pool access rooms and indeed rooms with any view check into the Shinta Mani Resort on the opposite side of the road. You can move between both sites, use both pools, restaurants etc,

This is a heavenly hotel. Look no further in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved everything about this hotel, the room is very comfortable, the breakfast is fantastic, the salt water pool is wonderful at the perfect temperature for lap swimming after a hard day's work. The thing I loved the most about the Shinta Mani is the staff and the GM Christian, they make you feel like you are at "home," always with a welcoming smile even at 5am in the morning. The staff iwas also very good Cambodian teachers, I just wish I was a better student!!!
Can't wait to go back. All the best, Bic

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank alohabic
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved everything about this hotel. The service was outstanding. The rooms were a delight. The design details in the public areas complemented the entire experience. The restaurant flowed and the area of suspended seating was delightfully creative. The sampler menu of Khmer foods was inspired. The maintenance staff are on top of their game. Three of us stayed there for four nights and wished it could have been forty. We also admire what the hotel and its staff are trying to do in the community. The ownership, management and front line staff have got it all figured out. Bravo to everyone! Please go to Sihanoukville, flatten the Sokha, and put your magic to work there.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends