“Wonderful Hotel”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #13 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I just spent four nights at the Shinta Mani Resort and hated to leave. The staff is excellent. Some of them were trained in a special program that the hotel has established to improve the lives of Cambodians through education and training. Our poolside garden room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed several meals at the restaurants and made much use of the spa and were happy with our experiences. The hotel arranged excellent tours of the temples and lake area with knowledgeable, gracious guides and drivers. We highly recommend this peaceful oasis in Siem Reap.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed in Shinta Mani in Mid December 2013 and the hotel was excellent. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They were even willing to come and pick us up late at night when a Tuk Tuk we asked to come back misunderstood and did not. Whatever the time was the staff were always there to help.

The rooms were clean and had good wi-fi and television channels. The hotel was very clean and had some good facilities. It was located close to Angor Wat and the main town. We could walk to and back from Siem Reap and found the area to be safe.

Room Tip: Book in advance to eat on the swinging dining tables.
1  Thank Thulsadhoom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Many hotels strive to be a grand hotel and also a positive force in their market. The Shinta Mani succeeds. An extreme Anglophile may find a problem hither and yon with the way a request is executed, but the Shinta Mani shines in a manner that others of a traditional mindset may never be capable of comprehending.
The Shinta mani welcomes all. The Shinta Mani trains new employees with the vigor and sincerity to propel Cambodia to a state of self sustained development that might not otherwise be possible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I are in Siem Reap for an extended stay so it was important to get a comfortable hotel and all our local friends recommended the Shinta Mani hotel. We were not disappointed in fact we are delighted with this hotel and the quality of the staff.

The good points, the Rooms are comfortable (guys big TV with good channel choice) with quality in room furniture and facilities. The lobby did not have a traditional reception but rather a nice sitting area with staff attending to you check in etc.. while you are relaxed enjoying a scented cold towels and a drink.

The key to this hotel is the well trained and delightful staff, they were attentive to all our needs and went over and above the call of duty to ensure we were happy during our stay. A nice breakfast every morning gave us a great start to the day and the food in general was well prepared and served.

Negatives: not many but if I were to point anything out, it would be the hot to cold water flow was hard to get right in the shower at times and the shampoo, shower gel Dispensers were not that easy to pump.

So you can see how trivial the negatives are compared to the long list of positives.

Room Tip: The rooms on the the ground floor have an opening allowing direct access to the garden and pool area...
1  Thank Mark_Bay_64
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My step-daughter and I stayed at the Club for 5 nights in October 2103. It was our first stop on a 15 day trip to Cambodia and Thailand. We stayed in a ground floor pool side room and loved everything about it! The service and attention to detail was amazing. The breakfast was delicious and a wonderful way to start the day. We loved sitting on the swinging seats, drinking our coffee and planning our day. It was also so nice to be given a water bottle whenever we went out and a nice cold towel when we returned. We both also enjoyed the spa and had both a massage and pedicure on two separate days which were so relaxing and enjoyable. I could go on and on. The other hotels on our trip were also nice but paled in comparison to the Shinta Mani. I would love to come back again some day and will definately recommend this hotel to anyone I know who may travel to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I enjoyed a 4-night stay at the Resort in early December 2013 and, from beginning to end, the experience was superb. The staff are amazingly polite, friendly and always smiling. Nothing is too much trouble for them to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. My upper (2nd) floor room was very well appointed - obviously quite recently updated tastefully in very elegant design. The balcony was very private and afforded a lovely view of the pool.

The hotel's location is good for accessing the town (Pub Street, Market, etc.), being only a 10-15 min walk either along the riverside or one of the main streets. No tuk-tuk needed really for this short distance. Walking to or from the town after sunset can be a bit uneasy, however, because of the scarcity of street lighting in some areas so, in such situations, perhaps, a tuk-tuk should be considered.

Breakfast was served in the dining room and one had a choice of eating indoors or out. One could choose from the al-a-carte menu and (not or!) make selections from the buffet. No complaints at all about the breakfast food - everything was perfect and relaxed in this relatively small hotel. I did not have dinner in this hotel since there was so much on offer in the town.

The pool area is well laid out and, during my stay, was quite quiet. I'm not usually a sit-around-the-pool person but it was good to spend a couple of hours poolside enjoying a couple of dips, while relaxing in the shade enjoying a cool drink after a day at the temples.

I did not use any of the hotel's services vis-à-vis tours, having organised a tour guide and driver before at a better price. I can highly recommend my tour guide; if anyone needs contact information, just drop me a message.

The hotel arranged pick-up and drop-off at the airport for $15 USD each way, a bit pricy and I'm sure a tuk-tuk would be considerably cheaper but the road can be quite dusty so a covered vehicle is probably better.

If I ever return to Siem Reap, I would definitely consider staying at Shinta Mani Resort again.

Room Tip: I think I would try a poolside room next time around. There was nothing wrong with my upper floor ro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlvinNarod
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We only had 24 hours in town to see the temples. We're really glad we stayed at the Shinta Mani. You're first struck by the welcoming staff and the efforts they extend in making you feel at home. The bonus round is the great restaurant and a location that allows one to explore Siam Reap without needing a taxi...it's close enough without being too close.

They helped us arrange a tour guide and driver for the temples. I highly recommend this option. It's very reasonably priced ($40 for the guide and $10 for the car, I believe) and allows you to see a lot of territory in a reasonable amount of time.

1  Thank SeattleSeattleUSA