“Absolute prefection”

Ranked #14 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Nairobi, Kenya
“Absolute prefection”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I chose Shinta Mani based on other reviewers recommendations and from my initial email interactions with Srey Roth and Mr Seiha I know I had made the right choice. They were warm, responsive and accommodating.

The hotel is beautifully designed! The Beds and pillows are so comfortable i struggled to drag myself out of bed every morning. The restaurant has this fantastic swing beds that you can relax and have your meal on that are incredible and as a solo girl in Siem Reap I happily had a few fantastic dinners here. Ps. You must try the Khmer tasting menu and the Duck. This is right up there with the best hotels I have stayed in.

Like other reviewers have said the icing on this cake is the staff. They are absolutely incredible; Attentive without being in your business, genuinely warm and the most professional I have come across in my many travels.

I should add that the cold towels one gets on returning to the hotel after a hot day of temple hopping or shopping come a close second to the staff.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a wonderful way to take in Siem Reap and Angkor. From the delightful in house restaurant to the lovely garden market. We stayed four five fabulous nights and loved every minute of it, we were only meant to be here 3 days but we extended in large part to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent our first two nights in Siem Reap at a different, more affordable hotel.
But since there wasn't any more room on our third night, I had no choice but to book another hotel via Agoda.

While browsing at the many hotels in their website, my attention was caught by Shinta Mani.
It is "unique" in its own way that I even subscribed to their Facebook feeds.

There I became aware of their foundation and the many good deed they have for Cambodia as a whole.

When the day came for us to check in, my husband (who pays great attention to details) was impressed with their lobby and over all "feel".

When I mentioned that our flight the next day was not until night time, the man at the reception said "Would you want a late check out?".

I could not believe I was hearing that as some hotels would not even want to offer it in the first place.

I immediately said YES.

Of course I was expecting to be allowed to stay until two or four at the latest.
But to my surprise, the man said: Your flight is at ten? So you must be leaving by 8PM. Okay stay in your room until 8PM at no extra charge.

Whoa! I was ready to kiss him at that point.

It was just perfect as we really planned to "bum it out" on our last day and do nothing but lay on our beds.

The room was perfect.
A separate living area that could be separated by a curtain, an elegant bed and awesome amenities.
And we could stay until it is time for our flight check in!

Thank you Shinta Mani.
I am hooked with you for sure.
Already, I have told my friends who are Siem Reap bound to stay in your property and nowhere else!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very friendly staff. Good rooms. Nice (but very small) pool. Helpful with trip organization. Great breakfast buffet. If you go there, you even support a good cause. No alternative to Shinta Mani in Siem Reap!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I cannot say enough about Shinta Mani. The property was beautiful, the rooms inviting and the spa was delightful. For me, what made the biggest impression was the staff and the organization, Shinta Mani Foundation, who invite about 20 young people from the area to train them in all areas of hotel hospitality. Everyone from the General Manager (who you must meet while there) to the men carrying your bags to your room to the staff at the restaurant were 100% professional and incredibly kind and helpful.

If you want to find a true gem, this is it. You won't regret your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KL
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Siem Reap has changed much in ten years and accommodation offer has increased enormously. We chose the Shinta Mani following other reviewers recommendations and it just turned out to be perfect! The hotel has merged traditional with modern features, the rooms are spacious, very comfortable, quiet and there is every attention to detail. The staff was truly attentive and helpful throughout our stay and nothing seemed to ever be a problem. Just the opposite, our many questions were always received with a smile, and our 3 year old had always someone to play with. Food at the restaurant was very nice from morning to dinner. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Albury, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The recently renovated Shinta Mani hotel just cannot be faulted. Stylish rooms, very comfortable bed, beautiful gardens and pool and excellent service from very attentive, lovely staff. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed November 2013