“Best hotel I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shinta Mani Club

Shinta Mani Club
Ranked #8 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Best hotel I've ever stayed at.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've been to many hotels in the US and (mainly) Europe, but it was in no other place than Siem Reap, Cambodia, that I've had the best experience! The quality of service at Shinta Mani is simply overwhelming.

My wife and I arrived early in the morning, and were immediately offered breakfast so that the hotel manager (unfortunately I can't remember his name, I think it's Christian) could discuss with us the best plan for our stay according to the different things that can be done in and around Siem Reap. Since we wanted mainly to see the temples, we arranged to go there on the three days that we were in Siem Reap. They arranged the tuk tuk's and guides (we wanted to go with a guide on the first two days). When we later took a tuk tuk on our own in the city centre, we realised that the hotel provides the best tuk tuk drivers, extremely polite and with a reasonably good level of English.

All the hotel staff was extremely nice, they are all very well trained in what they do (I guess this is through the Shinta Mani foundation). Besides being in all the details (like the complimentary hand towels every time you get to the hotel), they are always willing to help you out, recommend you the best restaurants, and readily make any reservation you want, all with a wonderful smile. Even the staff who clean the rooms greet you with the typical Cambodian greeting and a smile. I fell in love with Cambodia, and I think this is in part thanks to the amazing temples, and partly thanks to this amazing hotel.

The only one thing I would put on the negative side is that the restaurant is very expensive, although the food might be worth it (since I didn't try it, I wouldn't know). But all the better for us, because that made us go more often to the city centre (which is extremely close by) and get to know more of this city!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I cannot praise this hotel enough! From the time my husband and I received our warm welcome as we checked-into this hotel until our check-out, our experience was nothing short of wonderful! A special thanks to the GM- Mr. Christian De Boer for doing a great job with the management of this hotel and for his special attention to our booking, starting from sending us the necessary invitation letter (for visa on arrival) to giving us an insight on the all wonderful charity work Shinta Mani is engaged in and for recommending, booking and transporting us to one of the best french restaurants! Also want to thank Ms. Ratanak (hope im speling the name right) from the travel desk for arranging our tours and giving us great tips and advice! In my review I hope to do justice to highlight some of the aspects of this beautiful boutique hotel.

Property- Lovely property located conveniently from all the tourist attractions- walking distance from the National Museum and the famous temple opposite the Royal residence. However, a tuk tuk ride is recommended to visit Angkor Wat/Thom etc. It may be worth noting that this hotel does not have a gym but makes up for it by not having any elevators either! So you must walk up to your rooms, which was fine by us! Very modern decor with a beautiful lobby and a connecting corridor that looks quite like a fashion runway!

Room/bathroom- modern, spacious and comfy. we were given a twin bed room but upon our request, the beds were conveniently converted into a king bed without us having to shift rooms! the room was playing a beautiful selection of songs on the room's CD player- a nice touch! The room was clean and the housekeeping leaves behind delicious cookies and a wonderful little present for you after turn down service! However, our towel for foot mat in the bathroom was not very clean upon check-in, but that must have been an oversight on the part of the housekeeping, as all else was squeeky clean!

Food & drinks- breakfast was one of the best iv had and im a foodie! the chef makes a great eggs benedict and eggs florentine and the buffet spread along with a menu for your choice of mains is generous and delicious- something to really get your day started for the touristy excursions of the day! We also ordered in some room service which also tasted very good and the tapas and cocktails by the pool side were also very good (recommend to try their chicken vol au vent, but the salmon maki roll has room for improvement, but as the GM has looked into this matter im pretty sure its improved by now!)

Spa-very good masseuse and very clean and hygienic room! price is a little on the high side, but there was a promotion whereby all Shinta Mani residents get a 30 min free foot massage with any other massage...so it was worth it! However, the spa admins didn't seem too inclined to inform us of this promo, but thanks to Ms. Ratanak, we knew of it!

Travel desk- a very well informed travel desk-can you help you plan your excursions for the best value for money and also books your tickets for you and delivers them to you at your door!

Cambodia was uncharted territory for my husband and myself, but thanks to this hotel (which was our first stop) we had an amazing experience and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you dont want to climb stairs, request for the ground floor rooms!
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough ! Everything was beyond perfection ! the best asset for this hote lis the amazing staff who manage to anticipate everything without being intrusive. Just pure caring about your welfare ! I have been to Siem Reap before and yes it is magical but not as magical as the amazing staff at Shinta Mani Hotel. The food was great both Western and Khmer Favourites. The room was large and the bathroom larger ! Very comfortable linens and bedding state-of-the art TV IPOD dock and DVD player. But the truly amazing thing about this hotel was the staff's ability to anticpate everything with a genuine smile. Suitrey my waiter and pool attendant was very sweet and extremely attentive as we all the staff I came into contact with during my 5 day stay. Location is brilliant only a brief walk or Tuk Tuk ride to Downtown Siem Reap with restaurants, bars,local colourful markets of course Angkor Wat and its majesty is a brief 10 minute drive from the hotel. truly an experience to remember for the genuine hospitality of the hotel staff and it's extemely amiable manager Christian who is without a doubt the luckiest man alive ! I own a hotel on the luxury Island in Thailand. Shinta Mani was inspiring as it was incredible ! Loved Angkor Wat but loved the Shinta Mani staff even more ! having worked for luxury hotels in and around Asia, Africa Australia and the Middle East Shinta Mani is an example of hosptiatlity perfection as there ever is ! I am lucky because I will be back as a regular guest without question. I really like the fact that it is a hotel that actually gives back to the community so you do some good when you stay there too ! Thank you to al the staff who made the magic happen !

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I cannot praise this hotel enough!
The moment you arrive (often after long journeys I imagine) your shoulders relax and you know you have made the right choice in choosing this hotel. The greeting at the entrance is so lovely and continues to be just as warm days after your initial arrival. A cold towel was always welcomed on our return to the hotel and the staff always ensured we had an umbrella when it was needed. Assistance with getting a remork/tuk tuk was also really appreciated.
Staff are friendly and you will always see the manager around also just as friendly as everyone else. Staff have a great command of English and seem genuinely interested in having a chat and trying to further improve their language skills.
Throughout the hotel you can see it is all about the detail, it is beautifully decorated with all the finishing touches spot on. The room was a great size, ultra clean, great air con and really comfortable bed. I loved the rain shower. Turndown service was a treat when we discovered little treats left by the bed.
Breakfast was delicious with made to order options, the eggs benedict was great and a/multiple barista coffee was very much appreciated. Buffet options also always very fresh and yummy. The swinging chairs are a great way to start the day watching the street warm up and having breakfast whilst watching the staff provide food to the passing monks was just lovely.
The pool is smallish but perfectly adequate. Staff ensured we always had a drinks whilst sitting by the pool. My only very tiny issue was that the towels were not always replenished by the pool when chairs were vacated however staff were happy to get some when asked.
We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was incredible, its not the cheapest meal you will have in Siem Reap but you pay for quality and that is what we got.
We visted the spa twice, packages are really good value and it was a great way to spend some time after getting hot temple visiting. The ladies in the spa were very nice and the clean and fresh smell of the spa was incredible, wish I could bottle it!
Will be telling all my friends about this piece of paradise

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is AMAZING to say the least. I stayed here for 4 nights with a friend during our trip to Cambodia and loved every minute of it....the hotel experience alone definitely made our stay in Siem Reap an experience to remember. The hotel staff go out of their way at all times and the attention to detail can't be faulted. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough to anyone staying in Cambodia. We did the cooking class in the hotel which was recommended when we went to book another class and I'm so glad we did it in the hotel...it was a private class with the hotel chef who took us around the markets and then took us back to the hotel to cook up an absolute feast, the fish amok is the best I had in Cambodia. The spa experience was also out of this world, one of the best I've had. I can't wait to come back and will be recommending it to all my friends! Thanks to all the amazing people who work at Shinta Mani, you should be so proud!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel made me fall in love with Cambodia. The resort staff are amazing. They are so friendly and they want to chat because they are genuinely interested in what you have to say. I stayed for 3 nights and to be honest I can't wait to go back. When we arrived we were greeted to warm smiles, a welcome drink and a refreshing towel. The room was not ready so we were treated to a complimentary lunch in their restaurant. The room was a pool view with a balcony - it was a great size and the bathroom was nice and big with a waterfall type shower head. The pool area is so inviting and the massage was so good I almost went back for a 2nd one. We also hired a tour guide (his name was Thim) through the hotel and he was so knowledgable it was amazing. We had a driver take us around the temples and offered us water and refreshing towel every time we came back to the car. Even when it rained our tour guide wanted to continue on- he didn't want us to miss the experience. The driver provided us all with umbrellas which was so nice. Overall I would say this hotel is not to be missed. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dana713
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We found this hotel to be so welcoming, clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful. We loved everything about this hotel, especially evey tiime we arrived back from touring - no matter what the time, they were there with a huge smile and a cold towel to greet us . The breakfasts were delicious, even having takeaway coffee, bread etc to take with us when we were leaving early (4am) to Angkor Wat. Nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful staff, they went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable and enjoying their country
I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again on my return to Cambodia

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple