Shinta Mani Angkor
$62
$120
$117
3,265 results
All reviewswelcome homekroya restaurantlarger pooljasmine scentedcold towelslocal communitytuk tukbeautiful hotelmoment you arriveboutique hotelmini barsister hotelmobile phonedeluxe roomamazing servicequiet streetpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our stay at the one year old Shinta Mani Hotel was excellent and we (both hoteliers) can highly recommend this designed boutique property. One should know that a second Shinta Mani (larger in size and more on 4* level) is under construction and will be opened soon. Throughout the hotel we only detected friendly staff, smiling and attentive with solid - very good English skills. we got offered an upgrade to a pool view room by arrival. The check in was handled in a guest oriented manner. A welcome drink was served and we were offered a seat. The room was clean, spacious, equipped with a flat screen, i-pod station, radio, king size bed and a personal note from the GM, including some fresh fruits were displayed on the desk. The bathroom was also very clean, free of any mould and offered a huge shower. The food was excellent and delicious. The small breakfast buffet was complemented by a la cart dishes such as salmon bagel, egg Benedict or fluffy pancakes. We prefer this style of breakfast as it was delicious and FRESH (not like the ordinary, often cold breakfast dishes you can find on most buffets). The terrace of the restaurant is equipped with large swings where one can enjoy the food while relaxing and lying on comfortable pillows. We both couldn't find a negative thing and will choose the hotel again. If someone likes large hotels with a selection of restaurants, large pool areas and big buffets we wouldn't recommend to stay at the Shinta Mani. It is more made for couples, enjoying a 5* service in a private and unique atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose a room, facing the pool. Nicer view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rekoon
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We travel quite a bit, but we rarely get around to writing reviews of places we've stayed. But we've decided that we'd really like to share our wonderful experience at this amazing little hotel in Siem Reap.

A couple of weeks ago were searching TripAdvisor for small, boutique-style accommodation in Siem Reap for a few days; however, our first couple of choices were booked out. A friend in Vietnam then suggested Shinta Mani; we hadnt noticed iat on any of the usual popular hotel websites.

We are absolutely delighted with our experience and are so glad we stayed there. In the future, if and when we return to Siem Reap, we will most definitely book to stay at Shinta Mani once again.

It's not just the excellent location - in the heart of old Siem Reap, five minutes walk along the river path from Old Market.

It's not just the stunning decor and brilliant architecture - the hotel design evokes the styles encountered at Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom.

And it's not just the wonderful five star service provided by the always smiling, unfailingly attentive, young staff.

What sets Shinta Mani apart from almost every other place we've stayed is what guests will learn - if they enquire - about the origins and purpose of the hotel. It is owned and operated by the Shinta Mani Foundation ("Good Heart" in Khmer), not for making profit, but for making a difference to the lives of Cambodian people.

It turns out that SMF is a long-established Cambodian NGO that recruits young people from poor families in rural areas of Cambodia, provides education and tuition in English, provides training in all aspects of hospitality industry - and then provides employment.

But when you stay at Shinta Mani you'll discover all this yourself, as you meet various staff members, chat to them, and hear their stories. And like us, you'll be amazed when you wander upstairs and come upon the SMF Training Centre, where you'll meet hopeful young Cambodians studying English language, hospitality, accounting, cookery, etc.

So when you stay at this particular hotel, you are contributing to Cambodia not just through tourism - but you're also directly assisting Cambodian people and their families to have a secure and stable future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is, without any doubt, one of the best hotels I've ever visited in my life. Sure, the place is as artistically impressive as everybody else has mentioned, the food is good and the decor the very definition of good taste, however, what really separates this hotel from everything, everything else, is the service.

The owner is always around. I don't know how he does it, but you will walk into him multiple times a day, and he will make sure every aspect of your vacation time there is perfect.

The staff go well above the call of duty to make sure you have everything you need. I will give three examples:

1. We were a big group, and one day we decided to visit Angkor Wat in the early morning (4:00am) Well, the staff was waiting for us with breakfast boxes for us to take along!

2. As a photographer, I wanted to visit some nearby association and photograph its members. The staff knew about it and offered to call them to make an appointment on my behalf. Not only they made my afternoon with the association easy and efficient, it probably wouldn't have been possible at all without their help.

3. On my last day, I was taking a night flight. Two different staff members immediately offered me to keep my room as long as I needed (which was until around 8:00pm on the checkout date)

In short, everything good they say about this place is true. If you go to Siem Reap, do yourself a favor and stay at Shinta Mani.

Room Tip: Higher floors have really good balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at Shinta Mani in Mid-May and absolutely love this boutique hotel, wonderful experience if you visit exotic destination like Siem Reap, staying at Shinta Mani gives you a sense of relaxing atmosphere after a long day of visit to the Angkor Wat!
I especially appreciate their hotel staff carrying a big smile with them all the time – a nice designed hotel room is important, and Shinta Mani has got it no doubt, but above all service is what I care the most, which is what makes a hotel stand out and excel, I am really happy with Shinta Mani staff’s excellent service and will definitely introduce my friends to stay there.
A hidden gem in Siem Reap!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at this lovely gem of a hotel at the end of June. We were greeted with cold jasmine-scented towels and seated by the pool for check in. The hotel is a gorgeous mix of modern and traditional. The service is beyond compare; a large staff catered to our every need.
When the first morning we left at 5:00 for a tour of Angkor Wat, we had coffee and croissants in the lobby. We thought that was the breakfast offered. The next morning we set out later and were ushered to the restaurant. The restaurant had a buffet of tropical fruits, breads, yogurt, cereal, as well as Cambodian breakfast (congee and fried noodles). They also gave us a menu to order eggs, pancakes, and more. All this was included in the price of our hotel room.
My room was comfortable and nicely decorated, and the bed was heavenly.
We also loved the fact that the hotel is a training facility for village youth to learn about working in the hotel and food industry. The workers were so friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be assisting us.
Perfect little hotel!