Shinta Mani Angkor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
FCC Angkor(Siem Reap)
3,260 results
All reviewswelcome homekroya restaurantlarger pooljasmine scentedcold towelslocal communitytuk tukbeautiful hotelmoment you arriveboutique hotelmini barsister hotelmobile phonedeluxe roomamazing servicequiet streetpool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Admittedly the Shinta Mani is a several notches above the level I usually stay in, so my experience at this level is limited. But this is, with no question, the finest hotel I've stayed in. Siem Real probably has more 5 star properties per capita than any other city in Asia so the competition at this level is fierce. We were traveling in a group of 11. Our group was met by the hotel's owner and our bags whisked to the rooms before we got to our rooms. (I'm sure they have a system, but I don't know what it is. No one ever saw me carrying my bag and it doesn't have a name tag on it but somehow it ended up in the right room.)

The rooms are beautifully appointed and the beds are the most comfortable I've slept in in Asia (where mattresses come in two varieties, hard and rock hard). The staff is exceptional - every single person greeted me with a big smile and "good morning," "good afternoon" or whatever was appropriate. The restaurant is quite good and breakfast is excellent. There is a smallish, very pleasant pool and pool side bar with limited food service.

We left very early one morning for Angkor (5:00AM) and the hotel had excellent boxed breakfasts (fruit, yogurt and pastries) waiting for us as we filed out to our tuk-tuks for the pre-dawn ride to Angkor Wat. We did not order the breakfasts - the hotel prepared them knowing we were leaving early.

This is a hotel I can recommend without hesitation for travelers who expect a high level of excellence in their lodging.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kurtzjack
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Together with my friends I really had a lovely stay in Siem Reap and especially in Shinta Mani hotel. The hotel provides all the comfort of a five star hotel. The rooms are really spacious and the quality of the king-sized beds makes you feel asleep easily. The wooden floor in combination with the Angkor art decorations in the room, provide a warm and grand impression. In the morning the sunlight falls into the room by the window above the door which gives a smooth and peaceful awakening. Even though there were many people enjoying their breakfast, you didn’t notice them as the seats are arranged in such a way to guarantee you a quiet morning. The breakfast menu is really extensively. There is something for everyone. I had a traditional western meal with fresh fruit and cereal while my friends experienced the rice soup which is mentioned as the Cambodian traditional breakfast. This is one of the most unique hotels I ever saw. The exceptional design of the hotel creates a tranquil haven which is needed after sightseeing all day. The staff is helpful, friendly and provides an excellent service. I would highly recommend Shinta Mani if you are looking for something different.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Siem Reap to discover amongst many things, the temples of Angkor Wat. During my planning I decided to book a room in Shinta Mani hotel and I got much more than I expected. I chose this hotel because I read about their foundation which trains young adults to become real professionals. $5 of the nightly room rate is donated to the foundation and is used to provide education and business training. When i visited the foundation and talked to the students, I realized how important this is for them and how it helps them to develop more skills. I also found that the highly trained students of the Shinta Mani foundation are also recruited by other hotels. Be interesting to see where.
In addition the hotel itself immerses you into the Angkor culture. It is a mixture of modern architecture and Angkor art attributes. One if my favourite things to do was relaxing at the swimming pool and sipping from one of the fresh smoothies, however i was also fascinated by Bonalai, their library. They have an impressive collection available of books and journals, and It is relaxing just to nose around and to gain more information about this magnificent place.
The rooms of the hotel provided all the necessary comforts and the staff were friendly and willing to answer all of my questions.
Shinta Mani is the perfect hotel to stay in Siem Reap, with a heart for responsible tourism as an added bonus!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am currently staying 4 nights at Shinta Mani Siem Reap, and I' m so sad I have to leave tomorrow ( hopefully for one week at the Chedi in Chiang Mai, so should be nice as well !!).

Having been to Siem Reap many times, I have tried several hotels - from Amansara to Sofitel to Hôtel de la Paix ... Shinta Mani reminds me of the latter, and indeed they have taken some of the former Hotel de la Paix's best aspects (for instance great contemporary Khmer design), but made them even better : boutique-scale hotel, an even better staff than before. I can't praise the staff enough. It is in itself a true experience.

Breakfast is amazing - I haven't been to many hotels where there's a complete buffet AND an à -la-carte menu : from a khmer soup to the most delicious pancakes ( so soft ... yummy), one can order almost anything. True luxury. And unlike many other five star in the area, the breakfast area doesn't look like NY's Central Station during rush hour. It's all about luxury, quiet, discretion, and of course great food to start the day.

Swiming pool is nice too : it is not as small as some comments would describe it. It is a lap pool, so it's way longer than large, but it makes it very special and with ample space considering the amount of rooms. I have never had problem findind space in any of the mattress around the pool . They serve you with a home-made sorbet for free, huge pillows, etc.

The General Manager is always around and you can feel his love for this country and for his staff, and this truly shows in the way service is delivered.

Location is perfect - so close to the action but so quiet at the same time. A 1-dollar tuk tuk ride or a few minutes walk and you're in the middle of the night markets etc. Upon coming back to the hotel, one always gets fresh towel . Another example of great attention to details.

If not for the temples, I would just make the trip to Siem Reap to enjoy staying at the Shinta Mani :-) Don't even hesitate - if you're a connaisseur and tasteful traveller, don't even bother looking at other properties in Siem Reap. You've found the perfect place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is not a big-name, huge hotel located on acres and acres of land. This luxury boutique hotel is urban and sophisticated, with a design and service focus. If you like the colonial, old world style, you are not going to like this hotel. If you appreciate modern aesthetics and want to be closer to the action, then this is the place to be.

The rooms are amazing with comfortable, large beds with high thread count sheets. The bathrooms are spacious with huge showers. There is a flat-panel TV and an iPod/iphone 4 dock but we hardly used them since there was reliable wi-fi throughout the property. The pool, albeit small, is PERFECT - the water temperature is perfect, no chlorine small, and long enough to do laps. There are only a few dozen rooms in this hotel and so the pool is never crowded - very civilized and relaxing.

Breakfast was amazing with both western and Cambodian foods - the Cambodian rice porridge/soup is delicious. They also offer a la carte Western breakfast to satisfy your waffle/bacon/pancake fix.

But what really puts this hotel over the top is the amazing staff. I have stayed in plenty of 5* hotels around the world, and I must say that the staff at Shinta Mani really are the best at anticipating your every need and bending backwards to make sure that everything is just perfect. And it's all done with a smile and sincere concern - how do they teach this? It's truly incredible.

Angkor Wat is beautiful, but the staff at Shinta Mani really made our Cambodia trip truly memorable.

Room Tip: no elevators
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family