“Charming and personal Boutique Hotel”
Review of Shinta Mani Angkor

Shinta Mani Angkor
Ranked #15 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel a lot. I went with 5 other friends from Hong Kong and this hotel was a perfect choice for us. When we arrived the manager met us along with the staff. We had cool, fragrant wet towels upon every arrival. Our rooms were always in great shape. The beds were very comfortable. The pillows were too fat for my liking but they were great quality.
Bath amenities were great quality and we had everything we needed - and more. Shower was splendid. It was a rain shower type with a huge, elegant shower.
The swimming pool was steps from my room and I swam each evening. The pool was a beautiful, modern lap pool and the surrounding area was very tranquil. They even had a semi-private meeting area by the pool with a huge daybed and chairs + a ceiling fan. We sat there and drank wine together one afternoon. Great little discovery.
The breakfast buffet was excellent (get scrambled eggs rather than an omelet, best I've ever had and a double shot latte because the coffee isn't strong) Once when we got up at 5am to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat we were surprised to see a large coffee tray in the reception area with bread and fresh coffee. They even had to-go cups. Very civilized and personal service.
I would definitely stay here again. Loved it. The staff were perfect.

Room Tip: My room was no. 105 and it was along the corridor where people passed getting to the pool and relaxi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rebecca W
There are newer reviews for Shinta Mani Angkor

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the Shinta Mani for four nights whilst touring Angkor Wat-- and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. The staff were what made the stay-- warm, professional, what I would expect from a 5* property (they anticipated our needs, remembered our preferences, knew our names, etc). Very good food & massage. Having drinks on their swinging tables at night was a perfect cap to the day. They also run a foundation that supports the local community (mobile clinics, education), which just made us love this hotel even more. We couldn't recommend it enough. In fact, much better service than at Song Saa, where we also stayed (and payed much, much more for!) I still dream about their peppered banana chips!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 288Maisie
Reviewed February 28, 2013

If Angkor Wat is what you must see, Shinta Mani is where you must stay. This amazing hotel is all you need before and after a day of sightseeing. In fact, even if I have to stay within the hotel and not go anywhere else I would still be happy. Let me tell you why.

When I first arrive at the hotel I was greeted and help by the very well trained and friendly hotel staff from my ride, I was impressed. Then it was the blend of modern tasteful, quirky art & culture decor within the hotel as I walked in, I was impressed. Next was the gorgeous room I got, spacious and well designed with modern hi tec tv and iphone dock. The bed was big and comfortable, the desk was a lot longer then most hotel, the shower & washing room was almost a size of a room by itself, and I even got a big balcony! Of coz I was impressed. In the morning I had my breakfast at the hotel cafe, both seats and table were suspended from the ceiling like one giant swing it was really fun. And when the food was served it completed the whole experience, I was impressed. So on a whole, I gave two thumbs and two big toes up!
I will definitely go back for more :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SOPSingapore
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel is a retreat from the busy town and the perfect place to relax after a day of visiting temples. Amazing breakfast to get you off to a good start too!! Staff cannot do enough to help and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a little luxury in Cambodia!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Louise_Routard
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This small hotel is well located, and is a definite for those looking for a boutique experience and not a great chain type hotel. The staff and services were excellent, as we're the rooms. We could find no fault. The hotel is modern but built in a sympathetic style with the Angkor Wat experience. We dined out so cannot comment on the meals except the breakfasts which were excellent. The massage and spa is top class, and we found the staff professional and very competent. All in all highly recommended for those wanting a quality experience.....definitely will recommend this to all our friends.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

spent four days at this hotel and thought it was a wonderful hotel . staff couldnt do enough for you.we found that eating out locally was fantastic.i would highly recomend this hotel.tuk tuk boys dont rip you off unlike in the capital.

Room Tip: all room seem to be good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlesmarkham
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Shinta Mani is a beautiful boutique hotel in Siem Reap. Every corner is full of details and flowers. The pool area is awesome and the restaurant is incredible. You can lay on a giant swing while enjoying a great meal. The menu has oriental and occidental dishes, each and every one I tried was delicious.
The staff receives you every time at the lobby with cold towels for your hands and a smile, a great well coming smile...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple