“New Face: Same Great Place”
Review of Shinta Mani Club

Shinta Mani Club
Ranked #9 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Frederick, Maryland USA
“New Face: Same Great Place”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

As the first guests in the newly, fully remodeled and expanded Shinta Mani, we were blown away. Having stayed in this hotel many times in past years, this newly designed hotel is now in a league of it's own. All rooms are totally new. We had one by the pool that provided every thing we could need for a working vacation. Each room now has a recessed mural in the ceiling, representing some aspect of Angkor Wat. The dining area would be/is a credit to any fine hotel. Dressed in the traditional orange of the monks, the servers provide excellent attention to each guest. An added touch are the new outdoor "swings" proving a unique ambience to dining. Don't overlook the newly designed bar upstairs and the returning award winning spa. Unique to this hotel is now a foundation supporting community outreach. The hotel/foundation will be resuming the Institute of Hospitality training for the very poor, yet qualified student. These students will be learning the key elements of hospitality: cooking, front office and rooms training. When making your reservation, ask about setting up time to see the "real" Cambodia village and school life and see where you can help make a difference in the lives of the next generation of Cambodia.

Room Tip: If you like higher level rooms, think about the new third level with views. The first level by the p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CambodiaWeCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed there for a few days and loved the place. The hotel is clean, well serviced, calm, and somehow heartwarming. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The spa is amazing, all natural products, great massage, perfect reception and welcome. The pool is small but very beautiful. The whole place is very relaxing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MazenKh
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed at Shinta Mani during our honeymoon in January 2010, but the menu would not allow me to go back that far, but I liked this place so much that I still wanted to review it even though my memory is a bit spotty at this point. Of all the hotels we stayed in when we visited Indochina, Shinta Mani was one of our favorites. The staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful, unobtrusive. I don't remember much about the room except that it was comfortable. The pool was simply gorgeous - I remember very clearly plunging in after a morning touring the temples in the sun and thinking, this is pretty much the best thing ever. Food at the restaurant was delicious. Plenty to see and do within walking distance of the hotel (including the night market). Shinta Mani is part of a hotel school for young people (who are doing a great job), so what you pay to stay there does some good, too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guessica
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Actually I went back in June 2008 but my iPad didn't allow for that date selection.

Good points:
1. Lovely deluxe room with a big bed and huge space for just strolling in the room
2. Entrance to the room had a quaint living room space. No idea for what.
3. Bathroom was large. Can't recall if there was a tub. Clean and very posh looking definitely
4. Bed was huge. Super comfy!!!!!!!
5. Room came with a basket of fruits. Theere was also a lounge chair by the window to enjoy the streets.
6. Checking and checkout was efficient.
7. Spa was just marvelous!!! I had the couple spa and we had our own space to just us. Nice!!!!!

To note:
1. Location was quite a walk to the town. Take a tuktuk. If u do take a stroll at night, do be careful.
2. Breakfast was not so memorable.

Since this was a while ago, I couldn't recollect much. I would like to return but there are many other places with efficient access to town that I eould try with my spouse.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado & Mongolia
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I stayed at the Shinta Mani 2 nights in March. I have lived in and traveled all over Asia for the past 6+ years and the Shinta had the BEST beds in Asia--soft with down padding & comforter/pillows. Beautiful surprise as I'm used to sleeping on the Asian preference of the equivalent to a pool table; even in 5* resorts. I found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful and the restaurant food very good. I stayed in one of the very few poolside rooms--which was just a few steps from the spa and one of the best Thai messages I have ever had! The bathroom was stellar as well. The one fault I found was the door to my room--a good 2" gap at the bottom and little tiny frogs would join me. However, I understand that the hotel is closing in April for renovation and addition, so maybe this will be fixed. All in all, the Shinta Mani was convenient and comfortable.

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Nestless
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Our experience at the Shinta Mani was excellent, from the minute we arrived. The staff greeted us with hotel scarves and a delicious fruit drink when we arrived. Our room was clean, spacious and elegant. Our room was right off the lobby, which concerned me initially, but hotel is very quiet. The restaurant has excellent service as well; the included breakfast is extensive, with plenty of hot/cold items, made-to-order omelet bar, fresh juices, fruit, muffins, etc.

There's also a small, peaceful pool area. The service at the pool is amazing, too: towels at every recliner, staff that take your drink order poolside. The spa is right next to the pool area, with reasonable prices.

The hotel runs a hospitality school that trains at-risk young people, then employs them at the hotel, so in addition to experiencing a great stay, you're supporting a great community program. The school must be excellent, considering the level of service we were treated to; we took a 530am tour of Angkor Wat and the staff offered to prepare a to-go breakfast for us - fruit, pastries, muffins. There's also a small library (lend/trade) and free Internet available.

The hotel is also close to the main street; the Night Market (highly recommend) is a 10-minute walk away; it's also a 5-minute walk to the Foreign Correspondents' Club, which is great for cocktails and/or dinner. Can't recommend Shinta Mani enough.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lillehammer09
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 16, 2010

“Shinta Mani was one of my most pleasant hotel experiences of my life. I stayed there for three nights and the hotel was a welcome retreat from the heat at the temples. The property is centrally-located and offers easy walking access to Pub Street, the Royal Gardens, and the riverside.

The most charming aspect of the hotel is the staff. They are genuinely considerate and welcoming. Perhaps this is because of the training school that exists on the property. During my stay, I had the chance to see the school and meet the culinary students who train there as part of the hotel's corporate social responsibility programs.

One my second night, I dined in the restaurant for a BBQ buffet. The choices were expansive and delicious, offering a good mix dishes with Asian and Western flavors. I also had breakfast at the hotel, which was also very enjoyable, although I would prefer a larger selection of decaffeinated teas.

On my last day at the hotel, I took a half day package at the spa. The treatments here are sublime. The quality of the therapists outmatched any of my previous experiences in the US. Each of the three treatments was perfectly balanced. I spent the entire day in a state of complete relaxation.

While I took the more expensive of the options, the price was still very reasonable compared to spa prices elsewhere. I would return to Cambodia simply to go back to this spa.

At the end of my stay, I was informed by the front office staff that the hotel would be renovating in April. While the additions for a larger pool and upgraded facilities sound nice, I hope that they do not change too much. I enjoyed the hotel perfectly the way that it is.”

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo