“Excellent Khmer Food in a Beautiful Restaurant with Great Service”
Review of Chanrey Tree

Chanrey Tree
Ranked #45 of 913 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fine khmer food and contemporary setting. In door with air conditioning, out door open space with tropical garden sitting. Welcome to family with children, couple, individual, group for any special occasion, private dinning, entertainment client or romantic dinner.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been fortunate enough to eat at Chanrey Tree on a few occasions over the last 3 months and every time I have not been disappointed with the food or service. Every meal I have eaten has been beautiful, both in presentation and in taste. It is so wonderful to see Khmer food presented and cooked in such a refined manner. If you go with a few people get some dishes to share as you will want to try them all. Leave room for dessert!!!

There are newer reviews for Chanrey Tree

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I found Chanrey Tree using Trip Advisor and was not disappointed by all the raves over the 'authentic cuisine with a twist'. The atmosphere was beautiful and we sat upstairs with a look out over the entrance; this restaurant has a very calm and spacious ambience, a modern & chic appearance and was able to accommodate our group of 10 in a cozy area.

The server had a difficult time getting our order together, but we were on vacation so we just had another cocktail as he tried to get it sorted. Once the food arrived our attention turned to some real treats! We sampled a pretty large assortment of the menu and everything was delicious.

To no one's surprise, we had to get a few things with the bill settled at the end of the evening, but the overall experience was so nice, that again, we had a chuckle about it and some schnapps.

If you find yourself in Siem Reap you must dedicate one of your meals to Chanrey Tree. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

It came as a very pleasant surprise to come across this restaurant. So good that we went back there the following evening. It is a stylish restaurant serving imaginative and excellent dishes. The service gave just the right amount of attention. So it was good on the 3 measures of food, ambience and service.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A beautiful restaurant with amazing food. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening here. The only complaint i would have is that its a little pricey for Siem Reap. We've eaten in just as good a restaurant in SIem Reap but for half the price. Other from that we had no complaints.

Richard T, General Manager at Chanrey Tree, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to review Chanrey tree - Khmer cuisine in TripAdvisor!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for this great feedback and rest assure I will share them with my team and stay on be the best restaurants in the Kingdom of Wonders.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay in this amazing historical city.

Richard Tan

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I saw this new restaurant on a walk by the riverside. It looked fresh and modern so I popped in and booked a table for that evening. I had a look around and they have a lovely rear garden space, another in the front of the open kitchen and bar area and upstairs they have an air-con room.
I was eating in the rear garden on my own and the space is lovely and welcoming, fans keep you cool and the wait staff are friendly, efficient and attentive.
I ordered the sticky rice cakes with Natang sauce which was delicious - better than the version I had at Cuisine Wat Damnak in my view. I followed with the fish. Just a note on how good the service is here. As I was eating my first course I had a phone call from a friend who's dinner date had just fallen through and could he join me. I spoke to the waiter to ask the kitchen to hold my main course as I was being joined. They did this without a problem and we were both able to enjoy the main course together - that is excellent service. The mains were also excellent, the pan fried san dai fish served with green mango and tomato pickle fish was delicate and tasty and the seafood with Kampot pepper wonderful with a deep and rich sauce.
For my second visit I had Bok Svay chicken salad and deep fried marinated pork skewer with Khmer curry paste served with sticky rice, tomato relish and green papaya pickle, both rich and delicious. I would love to have tried desert but was always too full.
The wine list is good and reasonably priced and they serve the excellent Badiot sparkling water. One slightly strange thing is that although they have a large range of cocktails and spirits and mixers, Vodka doesn't appear on their menu, still, if you ask for a vodka and tonic they have absolut so all is not lost. Its not cheap but for the quality and service it offers great value.
This is a great restaurant and will always be at the top of my return to list in Siem Reap. Well done to Richard the manager for running such a tight ship.

Dear Paulo,

Thank you for your time to review Chanrey tree - Khmer cuisine in TripAdvisor!

We hope that you enjoyed your stay in this amazing historical city.

Richard Tan