“Good service and friendly,helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Passaggio Boutique Hotel

Passaggio Boutique Hotel
Ranked #222 of 338 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Good service and friendly,helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a few days with my fds. The staff is friendly and especially the manager is very helpful. Whenever I need some services, he tried every efforts to provide what I needed. When I was looking for a hotel in Phnom Phen. he gave me some valuable advice. If I go to Siem Reap for the third time, I will go back to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here for six pleasant days. For the price you pay it's very good value, and excellent location. The staff were very welcoming and attentive - making quite an effort to provide me a lovely stay. The breakfast was good, the pool was small but atmospheric. To rooms were clean and reasonable, with quality linen. There were mosquitos in the room, though I could have asked for them to be sprayed. The previous comments on water pressure may have been for the upstairs rooms, as mine downstairs wasn't great - the bathroom was fine enough though. My only suggestion to the owners would be to provide more plants for privacy around the pool balcony area - I did feel a little exposed when swimming. There was a little noise at night, though that's really the norm in Cambodia! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms above are a little larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Phnom Penh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Liked this place a lot. Room was huge. 2 large queen beds. Well appointed, good water pressure and close to the action without being in the messy bits... Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room rates were cheap and I loved the pool, since SR was having a heat wave of 35 degrees plus every day. Breakfast was served on the terrace upstairs and was good. I think that the hotel is great value for money and would stay there when I next visit Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Great little swimming pool!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

We booked through agoda at almost 50% discount which it just as well, as if I'd paid full price for this place I would have been seriously pee'd off.
It was clean, the staff were generally ok, but it was very basic & rather rough around the edges - the bathroom was more like a $15 backpacker one for example & Breakfast was a bit stingy for the price - and lacked any kind of character.
The pool was nice after a hot dusty day, but there are plenty of places in siem Reap with pools at similar prices and with 100% more charm.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank NBP1
Passaggio-Hotel, Manager at Passaggio Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Value Guests,

Greeting From Passaggio Boutique Hotel, Siem Reap-Angkor
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. On behalf of hotel management team, we’re sorry to hear that was not up to your expectation that were stayed with us from Dec 30, 2008 until Jan 2, 2009. Regarding your view, we are a new management team just took over this hotel and we’re try hard to provide highest of quality service satisfaction at our best with my hospitality level.

It’s up to date; we’re trying hard to improve service quality and property by our appreciation to complete our guest demand. This hotel was change management team from mid of 2012 and we try with highest quality for every time for our ability. Relating to your above mentioned I do hope you will be understood the reason normally you got the 50% discount on that period was only a very short promotion period is not almost. And our hospitality staffs are helpful starting from our training course and managed.

We thank you very much for choosing our hotel for you’re stayed. We are very delighted to learn that you like our hotel, especially our central location, which is walk able to popular pup street and souvenir shop, dining and popular night light. And we also free tourist information in siem reap.

We’re trying hard to improve quality of service and extra effort to assist any further. I hope I will have another opportunity to welcome and serve you and your group at our best. We look forward to have you stay with us gain in the near future.

Leang C
Hotel Manager
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Regardless of the low price, I did expect to have my towels and bed linen changed daily - it was NEVER changed in ten days. My room was never cleaned except for the emptying of rubbish and remaking my bed. My room was supposed to be a 'superior' room but I had ants all over the room every day and at night they bit me in my bed. The television didn't work but I didn't want to watch it anyway. The breakfasts were poor so I ate every morning elsewhere. The electricity went out for days and we were provided with nothing but a candle. When the power was out, so too was the WATER for this time as well and no internet. If you want a hotel close to the main part of town, this location is satisfactory but noisy when you want to sleep. The staff socialise also after hours and keep you awake. The 'restaurant' at the hotel has a few things on the menu but it is expensive compared to eating in town. Also, unless you go to reception to tell them you want food, the restaurant is never open or set up for you. You have to wait while they set a table for you. The restaurant was never open at 6:30am as it is supposed to be and I ate elsewhere. I would have used the pool if I hadn't seen one of the staff using it to wash off after work one day.
The staff were nosey and tried to get me to donate money to their family business before I left. By this time, I was so sick of people in Cambodia trying to take my money. I would not recommend this hotel and I wouldn't stay there again. There is cheap and then there is cheap and nasty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Passaggio-Hotel, Manager at Passaggio Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
August 9 , 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Passaggio Boutique Hotel, Siem Reap-Angkor

First of all thank you for your choosing our hotel to stay for your value time. Thanks to your taking time to provided feedback. Regarding to your information, we are a new management team just took over this hotel from middle of 2012 and we’re try hard to provide highest of service satisfaction at our best with my hospitality level.

On behalf of hotel management, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience over the past with this hotel. We are thanks again for spending your time with what you have mentioned and I will try to resolve these problems that I can. The breakfast I set up more than 8 choices I think our clients will be enjoyed.

Please do understand me about this matter. I do hope, I will have another opportunity to welcome you and serve you at our best. Please contact me directly if you have further assistance.
Thank you for your attention.

Yours Sincerely,

Leang Mr.
Hotel Management Team
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

Even though its just 5 mins walk to restaurants and bars...its not noisy at night as compared to those in old market street.......
Nice roof top cafe; spacious room; value for $; and friendly staffs

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

This boutique hotel is small with only 17rooms, so the staff could take care of every customer well. They are all willing to help, which make my stay warm and delightful because I came to Siem Reap alone, and they book everything for me! Location is good, and their breakfast is delicious, too! However, if you need extremely hot water for the shower, it will probably make disappointment. I'll recommend this hotel to those don't have big budget but look for a stylish place to stay.

Room Tip: make sure your room has hot water while check-in
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Passaggio-Hotel, Manager at Passaggio Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Value Customer,
Warmest Greeting from Passaggio Boutique Hotel, Siem Reap-Angkor, Cambodia
Thank you very much for your taking your value time to recommends our hotel, your reviews will be the keys that measure our hotel service and improve our hotel. On behalf of hotel management I would like to say thank you that you spend your value relaxing in siem reap and especially with our hotel.

We are the new management just took over this hotel at mid of 2012 and we’re try hard to improve our quality of service and although property as our ability to complete demand of our clients such as hotel services, provide the hygiene of catering, quality of comfortable of tours information in siem reap with safety and happiness.

We are the budget boutique hotel in siem reap and our located in central city area and easy access to old market, shopping, pub street, dining area just walk 2 minutes across the watdamnak bridge. Regarding to your review you need extremely hot water for the shower, it will probably make disappointment, it was refit. I hope you understand. And we still apologize for your inconvenience although very small thing. I do hope for next coming period, if you found that could you please inform our hotel staffs we will make the solution immediately for you.

Should you have any query, please contact me at any time

Respectfully Yours,