Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
$101
$84
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
$107
  • Breakfast included
$179
$161
$130
$120
5,584 results
All reviewshospitality desklandmark roomtuk tukbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelpersonal assistantspecial thankspub streetlate checkprivilege flooramazing servicenoodlespool sidewould highly recommend this hoteltrip to siem reapwelcome drinktour guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Borei for 3 days. We had purchased the World Heritage Pkg which includes accommodation, daily breakfast and dinner, Angkor Wat 3 day pass, a personal tour guide, car and driver and airport transfers. Everything was well organized from reservation inquiry via emails (big thanks to Mr. Vichheka), to checking in and daily tour itineraries. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel was excellent. The pool was a nice relaxing treat after a long, hot day of sightseeing in Angkor. On our last day, we met the front desk Assistant Manager, Roberto, who drove us to the airport. We had a great chat with him and wish we had met him earlier. We would definitely stay at the Borei Angkor again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheddarCat
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Overall this hotel was amazing!

The staff were extremely helpful and did not hesitate to offer advice and guidance on where to go for evening meals/ things to do in siem reap. We were always greeted every morning with big smiles and the staff really went above and beyond to please.

Breakfast was above average offering an extensive range. This included the typical continental breakfast and hot buffet style.

The hotel itself was very impressive. The main entrance and dining areas are typically 5 star standard with marble floors throughout with very grand decor. The pool area is large and very tranquil and relaxing. Our room was immaculate and very spacious. We had a huge balcony with good views. The maid service was thorough and efficient with clean towels and bedding provided on a daily basis.

The hotel was a 5 minute ride in a Tuk Tuk to Pub Street where there is a strip of bars and restaurants. I would definitely recommend eating at the Papier Tigre, which serves good authentic italian food! The food was amazing and really reasonable!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants the 5 star experience without spending a fortune!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank KatrinaNewcastle_
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights at Borei Angkor and were very pleased with our choice.
Our room was clean and spacious and the bed comfortable. Some of the bedding was a little old, but definitely cliean and maybe some of the filler between the tiles in the shower could have done with being replaced but it didn't spoil my stay. At least there was always plenty of hot water. Internet in the room was free and very good.
Breakfast was excellent and most other food we had there was also good but of course it is more expensive than in town. We actually chose this hotel because it is not in the centre of town......catching a tuk tuk was no problem and it seemed criminal to pay less than $3 each way.
The staff was very friendly, helpful and attentive. Best check-in we had, although the welcome drink is probably an acquired taste!
Pool area was lovely......didn't try the spa. Massages are available in abundance in town and much cheaper. Tried out the rooftop bar for 'happy hour'.......just us, the staff and the entertainment. The bar was on our floor and we passed it each evening on our way to bed and the story was much the same. Seemed a shame as the decor is great and they have a great cocktail selection. Think they might want to rethink the entertainment element.......wasn't great, but that's just my opinion.
All in all, I would be more than happy to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ju-ju60
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We just returned from spending 5 nights at the Borei Angkor Resort & Spa.
We got off to a great start as the van was there to pick us up when we arrived at the airport. Free transfer to the hotel is a nice touch.
Room wasn't ready as we got there in the morning but they were so kind to get us a room so that we could let the kids unwind a bit and change into their swim stuff. The rooms we had were beautiful. Lot's of wood and very classic. Also very clean. Really impressed with house keeping as they work very hard. Beds were comfortable and we all slept well there!
Pool as others have stated is a highlight here so it is perfect for families with kids. We spent a lot of time at the pool. So nice to be able to cool off after some time in town or visiting the temples. They also have a nice exercise room if you decide you need a work out. Spa is nice but a bit overpriced for Cambodian standards. I will say I did enjoy my Khmer massage. I highly recommend getting one as it is similar to a thai massage but even more pleasant. Really liked that.
Food for breakfast was great. Nice variety and our kids loved it. They had a ton of fresh fruits and the soup station was wonderful. Never did their dinner buffet but it looked good. With all of the choices in town if you have the energy you would be better off taking the 5 minute trip to Pub street and doing that as you have a great variety and cheap prices.
Internet connection there was fast and great. Was able to use our computer and that was nice.
The only thing I maybe wasn't too thrilled about was the fact that you need to take a tuk tuk every time you go into town. Actually that didn't bug me much but you need to know that you should NOT pay more than $3-4 round trip. NO matter how many passengers you have. I was ticked off when the bell man and the tuk tuk driver were BOTH trying to convince me that it was a $1 per person just to town. I guess what bugged me is that when I questioned the driver that it was too much the bellman backed him up. That was bull. I then went back on here during our trip and verified it was too much $. Next time I told the driver to go fly a kite and that I would get someone else. Low and behold the name of the game changed and his prices dropped to more than half. That just put a bit of a bad taste to me as I didn't need the bellhop chiming in.
The staff? Well let's just say we wanted to take them all home with us! They were WONDERFUL! Every dealing I had with them was great. I really can't say enough about them. Such happy and kind people that always did their very best to make your stay a good one. The manager is such a great guy and they just couldn't do enough for you. When I emailed this hotel directly about a couple of questions I always got a quick response from my new found friend Mr. Moth. A couple days we were there they were actually overbooked and the staff is SO darn good that you honestly couldn't even tell.
Can you tell I like this place? I highly recommend it if you don't need to be in the middle of town as we sure didn't . Loved our stay and I know for a fact we will some day return to this wonderful Borei Angkor Resort and Spa and see new found friends! I already have some good friends looking into going to Siem Reap and they are for sure staying there. Great value for a great time! If you choose this hotel you will NOT be sorry! I am a school teacher and if I am giving this hotel a grade it would have to be an A!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed March 31, 2010

3/17/2010 to 3/20/2010. Overall, the hotel is a good vacation bargain, and I wouldn't mind staying there again for the price and great staff. Before leaving the trip, we paid $15/night to upgrade from the standard "Delux" room to a "Landmark" room. Not worth it. Some people we spoke to received the upgrade for free anyways, and in my opinion, I don't see a huge difference between the Delux and Landmark rooms' amenities. The hotel is a tiny bit far (5 minutes) from Old Market, the main part of town, which equates to an $1.00 USD ride (for two people) on a tuk-tuk. Which sounds like nothing, but it's a 10-minute town... so by ratio, it's a tiny bit far. The perks of staying in the middle of town includes being near bars/restaurants, night markets, and convenience stores.

If you have deeper pockets or are a honeymooning-couple, I would recommend staying at the Hotel de la Paix (über fancy), which is in the middle of town and very modern. This stay at the Borei Angkor was part of an overall Asia tour, so I am unable to itemize the price I paid for the hotel stay. I did overhear that a good travel-agent can probably book a standard room at the Borei Angkor for about $80/night (unverified), and a standard room at the Hotel de la Paix should be about $130/night (unverified).

GOOD
1. The staff were professional, friendly, and helpful. They even had a staff member show my wife how to speak and write basic Khmer (Cambodian).
2.The internet service "should" be complimentary, but not advertised. They tried to charge me for it, I stood my ground, and they said they'll look into it. 5 minutes later... internet access.
3. All breakfasts were included as part of our stay. It was convenient and featured a wide variety of options.

NOT-SO-GOOD
1. The beds are a bit stiff and not very comfortable.
2. The hotel is a little far from Old Market... but only by 5 minutes / $1.00 USD (each way).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple