Nice hotel. Was rather empty when we stayed in september, but it was the rainy season. This hotel was excellent value and was very well equipped. The staff were excellent. One could argue that given teh number of guests food service was sometimes a little slow and they tended to bring dishes up when tehy were ready rather than together. But maybe it is just because the atmosphere is relaxed and we should not be in such a hurry on holiday.
The pool was excellent, and the rooms were very large.
The staff were always pleasent, welcoming and helpful.
The only negatives are; the distance from town - you definately need to get a moto. I did walk back one night but it was incredibly dark. That said a moto is easy to get and very cheap $2.
If you want to tour the temples with a driver i recommentd a moto rather than the car that the hotel will try and sell you when you arrive - cheaper and much more fun. Just arrange it yourself with a driver.
The only other negative, to be fair will be the same with most hotels. We were lazy and used the currency exchange in the hotel to get dollars - very poor rate. Use the banks in town would be my suggestion.
There is little to see, do or buy around teh htel so you will need to go to Sienm Reap centre for most things. But, i kinda liked Siem reap, and it is great for food and drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is the one and only most reviewed hotel in Siem Reap Cambodia given by thousands of travelers' reviews on TripAdvisor making Borei Angkor the most popular and chosen hotel to stay in Siem Reap while visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Angkor Wat. Aptly named after 'a territory of Angkor', Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, a truly Cambodia 5 star hotel in Siem Reap is set right in the center of Siem Reap, ideally situated within 15 minutes drive either from Siem Reap International Airport or to Angkor Wat, and only 5 minutes drive to Siem Reap downtown including Pub Street, shopping malls, Angkor Night Market, local restaurants and bars, and other nearby local attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap