“Thank You to the wonderful staff at the Borei.”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #36 of 365 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Borei. All the staff were just so friendly, considerate and helpful.
The food was great and the atmosphere was superb. Even after visiting Pub Street in Siem Reap we still came back to have dinner in the Borei.
Holly and Michael deserve to be mentioned for the extra special kindness extended to us.
If ever we are fortunate enough to return to Siem Reap, we are staying in the Borei.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank procherKelowna_BC

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We booked to stay at Lotus Blanc, their sister resort, but they had some problems with plumbing so we got transferred to Borei Angkor instead.

Overall, it's a great hotel with excellent staff who are very polite, amenable and helpful. The rooms are very clean- they obviously take pride in their housekeeping, but the general fittings of the hotel feels decade old and slightly worn. (I personally like something newer, or intentionally older, like a heritage hotel. the decade old feel doesn't really appeal to me)

Pool was nice and breakfast was a generous spread, including several live-stations. They have a beautiful front porch and reception, newly renovated and very chic, contrasting nicely with the wooden well-worn charm of the older parts of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank appledazzle
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Many thanks indeed for taking your time to share the experience after the stayed at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated what we offered and I must thank you for sharing your thoughts toward our property for which I have conveyed your message to team member who making your stayed a memorable one.

Thank you for staying with us, I am looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back home in the near future

Sokvanna HANG
The Management
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for 8 nights with my wife on a half board basis as we were only doing the Siem Reap area and not as part of any tour.

Hotel was booked directly through their own website and they provided excellent emails and updates throughout the lead-up period (thank you Mr Moth!)

You look at these reviews and think to yourself 'what do they mean - a little oasis?' but once you leave the airport and are travelling to the hotel you soon see how much development is going on and the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap-ian town life, and you are travelling along this busy street when you turn into an entrance-way to suddenly realise that (a) you have arrived and (b) you really are unaware of whatever else may be going on. It is quite surreal considering what you have just driven by.

We had a Landmark room with balcony overlooking the pool...OMG!!!! It is very much days of the Raj and whatever the Indo-China version of that is, be it the room, the service, the outside terraces, the sunrises and the drinks at sunset opportunity. Smoking on the balcony is permitted. Insect repellent is a necessity at this time of year.

Sure, the bar service around the pool may have been a bit on the slow side, but I am just as capable of getting up to go order a drink. The hotel is clearly geared up for short stays, therefore our 8 nights meant we were virtually on first name terms with the catering staff and struggling for variety in food, but that is not the hotels fault, just bear this in mind when considering your length of stay.

The personal guest relations adviser (in our case Jenny) was excellent and nothing was too much trouble - they did not (publicly) bat an eyelid at collecting our laundry from a local laundry service on our behalf!

We did the spa twice - in my mind I am tossing up as to whether my preference was for the hotel spa or one of the massage parlours (no... not THAT type of massage parlour!!!) in town - and as my wife pointed out if you were to do the hotel special deal in the spa then the cost is not too dissimilar to the upper-mid-range one we went to in town, especially when you take into account ease of access, facilities and ambience

February/March is, according to the staff, Cambodian wedding season and each wedding goes on for a couple of days with early starts, late finishes and singing much in the style of Islamic call to prayers, but that is the culture so roll with it.

The hotel is conveniently accessed for a short stroll into the town centre (very Indo-Chine) and has its own tuktuks. We used hotel and private tuktuks, both being reasonably priced, the benefit to the hotel tuktuk if you are not keen on haggling being the set prices.

Did we get good value for money? Undoubtedly
Would I book through the hotel's website again? Definitely, they also have a clear cancellation policy much in keeping with many of the various online booking agencies
Would I/we stay there again? You bet

We cannot get over how friendly and considerate the hotel staff were, we thought the service providers we met in Thailand were good but the staff at the Borei Angkor were much better.

General travel info: You won't need it for the hotel but take with you lots of one dollar bills: culture and context...you will be harassed at each of places you go to by people selling their wares. You will hear to it referred to as begging, which it isn't - you soon realise that these are all officially condoned business enterprises! Again, roll with it and practice your haggling skills because if you take it to heart and get aggrieved by it then it may well spoil your time. The real beggars are those with extremely ill children who just sit there literally with their hands out. This may well cause upset and were the only people that we voluntarily gave money to

Room Tip: Landmark room, pool view, 3rd or 4th floor. Which way does the sun go?.... if you ask for a pool roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shiny653
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I loved my time at Borei Angkor. It is a grand hotel, though you get a sense that some of it is worn out. My room was beautiful and large with a balcony overlooking the pool. Laundry service and room service were prompt and good. The pool area was welcoming and relaxing. The concierge will arrange all tour service and car service for you to the temples, though you might be able to arrange it cheaper. I booked cars and tours the night before I wanted one with no trouble. Breakfast was included and huge. I had an enjoyable Thai massage and a manicure, though the manicure wasn't the best I've had. I loved my time here and was sorry to leave. When I did have to leave, though, they made it easy by providing free transportation for me to the airport!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Borei Angkor was such a beautiful Hotel and Resort for a base from which to explore and enjoy the Temples, Floating villages and markets around Siem Reap.
We took advantage of the Hotels "World Heritage Package" and we are so glad we did. The package took care of us from the moment we got off the plane until we left three days later. Included was pickup to and from the airport; a car with driver, a guide for the three days, entrance fees to all the temples, boat tour of the floating villages, breakfast, dinner and club room access. The resort is beautiful and the staff are so helpful and friendly. We can't say enough. Our guide, Dee, was amazing. So interesting and informative. Thank-you Dee for showing us the beauty and history of your country. Yes I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Siem Reap and do take advantage of the World Heritage Package.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank csinclaire
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Do not not where to start. Simple loved our stay there, hotel is beatiful, good location, excellent service, impressive breakfast. They also host a 4 course dinner with traditional music and dance 3 times a week and it was very good (35 USD excluding dinner drinks but including a welcome drink). The SPA is excellent. Overall, it was one of the best stays in hotel it not the best I a had till today. Staff really made us feel welcome every day of our stay.
I found everybody in Cambodia really friendly,hope they do not change in time as it seem to have happened in Thailand :)

Room Tip: We had a pool view room, it was beautiful. We also had a bird singing in our window one morning, but...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank IrisCorreia
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We recently spent three nights at Borei while visiting the Temples of Angkor. The hotel is about 6km from the temple site and so is easy to get to in a tuk tuk. We opted to hire bikes from the Giant shop across the street, this worked out cheaper than those offered by the hotel and was a great way to get around the sights.

On arrival at the hotel I was suffering from a bout of food poisoning so it was very helpful when our host (Dawind) sorted everything for us and even had a pot of ginger tea sent to our room. Very helpful indeed. The rooms are also excellent and the pool area and spa are top notch, not just for Cambodia but in comparison to general western standards. The only downside to speak of was the bar prices and treatment prices at the spa which were a little over-inflated, even in comparison to the west, never mind their locale. As a consequence we did not eat at the hotel other than for the included breakfast which was excellent. Instead we took a tuk tuk to pub street ($2) which had a great selection of bars and restaurants.

Overall this was a lovely hotel, easily the nicest we stayed at in a 2 week tour of Cambodia. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple