“Hotel is great, food mediocre.”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #39 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Mission Viejo, California
“Hotel is great, food mediocre.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent 2 nights here and the hotel if great - the staff extremely helpful. I cannot say enough about how well we were taken care of. Like all great hotels, they remembered our names whenever we interacted.

My wife and I both enjoyed the spa, which is incredibly relaxing - with very well-trained staff. Its a good idea to plan a massage for after a day visiting the temples.

My only complaint is that the food was mediocre - had both their ala carte and buffet. For such a nice hotel I would have expect better. Not a big selection of hot dishes, and flavor could be better. For instance, their signature dish, Fish Amok Trei was decent, but then I had Fish Amok at a small very local restaurant and it was fabulous - and at 1/3 the price. My suggestion is that they need to put more energy into the restaurant offerings, especially since it is very convenient to just stay at the resort for most meals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed January 29, 2014

unfortunatly we spent only two nights in borei angkor. we had the best time . the hotel is really beautiful and the staff is so helpful. everyone from the manager to the bellboy is so nice and freindly, especially Vibol who made his best to make our stay enjoyable.

1 Thank nurit z
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After having spent many nights in various hotels across the globe, The service provided by Borei Angkor was much more than impressive. Jenny ( Front Office Manager ) will go above and beyond to ensure your stay exceeds expectations. The boys in the Bar are always happy to have a chat, Always smiling with great personalities. We especially had a great time chatting with "Thor". I cannot think of one thing negative to say, Thank you very Much and I will definitely be back in the near future!

Aw Gun Shran!

Ben & Chandy :)

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool view.
2 Thank Ben R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had received an excellent service, the staff is very kind and helpful we complained about the location of our room and the day after we were up graded to a suite top floor with a stunning view and one of the most comfortable extra double bed we ever experienced in our previous trips.
The deputy hotel manager (SS) was extremely helpful and kind , full of attentions and the last day he personally accompanied us with the hotel complementary car to another hotel in town , very sweet of him . We recommend anyone to choose this hotel as we shall book again on our next trip to Siem Reap.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went with my husband and stayed for 3 nights and the whole time we kept wondering if they had mistaken us for some celebrities. The service is unlike anything I have ever experienced and the hotel is something from a movie, all dark wood and perfectly polished. They picked us up at airport and greeted us by giving us Cambodian scarves then gave us a little tour of the city before taking us to the hotel. They gave us tea and snacks while they were getting our room together and they upgraded us to a gorgeous room that had a private tub with a waterfall on the balcony! It was the most incredible room I've ever stayed in. Everything was first class. When ever we had a question or needed any help the staff was available and very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have nothing but the highest praise for this hotel. I spent three nights theresome what by accident but will most certainly be returning to the Borei should I ever come back to Siem Reap. I booked a stay at Lotus Blanc (four start sister hotel to Borei) but when I arrived the manager told me that they had no available rooms so I'd been transferred to their more high-end sister hotel. He then personally drove me there. When I got to Borei they gave me another free upgrade to a nicer room.

The facilities are very nice, the hotel definitely has a resort feeling to it with an excellent swimming pool area. Spa was also very good, I highly recommend the khmer massage. Food was quite good, especially the local/Asian dishes (wouldn't order the pizza though).

Dawind was especially helpful throughout my stay, and went out of his way to ensure that my time there was as pleasurable as possible. Genuinely friendly/caring. Exceptional service!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in January and it was definitely my favourite hotel in South East Asia. We got a good deal on Expedia and definitely got a lot more than we paid for! We got upgraded when we arrived and our room had a enormous comfortable bed and a balcony with a view of the pool. Our stay also came with free breakfast and there was an endless amount of choice including crepes, eggs, noodles, pastries, fruit, muesli etc - it was a great selection.

The staff are amazing and everyone we interacted with were friendly and courteous. I'd like to thank SAMANN especially! He brought us drink after drink during happy hour and was a cool person to talk to. The people here are just lovely!

We visited Angkor wat and Bayon temples and booked tuk tuks through the hotel - super easy and for a good price.

The hotel and especially the pool area is really nice ! We really didn't want to leave the pool for the temples...

Highly recommend and I would definitely come back!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple