“" Excellent Hotel and staff"”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #43 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been in many resorts and hotels, but this hotel gave me more satisfection as I respected.When I arrived in front of the hotel ,one reception girl came and asked me to assist me with my havy bags.She is a small girl but very strong and she took my luggage and brought it at the lobby with her friendly smile.She told us that the hotel run full occupancy but she tried to do her best to find the best things for me.I believe that her name is January and called Makara.She always helped me with my stay and trips.
Everyone in the restaurant, bar, were very friendly.
The hospitality was very good and the whole staff was helpfull.
My room was very nice en there was a beautiful swimming pool.
I hope to come back in this hotel if I have more trips !!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ilana L
Write a ReviewReviews (5,495)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Everything about this place is perfect! As i am writing this, i am eating the most beautiful birthday cake the staff gave me while they sang to me ♡ There is nothing to complain about! The food is amazing, the pool is so nice, the rooms are perfect, everything is so clean, the location is perfect, and what takes this place to the next level is the most amazing people who work here! I have never experienced this; staff, everyone from the cleaning lady, tuk tuk men and the people running this place, are so sweet and welcomming! I can recommend this place to everyone! This hotel and staff is amazing ♡

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stine J
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Well of all the accommodation on our three month trip this sticks out for good and bad reasons.

Good - fantastic pool and spa facilities. Absolutely first rate. And swimming pool deserted in evenings - win. Also, massive lovely television and nice welcoming drink.

Bad - OMG. Shockingly, disgracefully bad treatment of the customer. We were offered a compliementary dinner buffet. We partook (as you would). It was average. Then we were asked to pay $50 for the meal. We declined and were told we should sign the bill and sort it out later. We declined again. Head of catering arrives at room at 10pm to ask for documentation as to our entitlement to a compliementary meal. After much explanation he appears to accept that the error was theirs. Next day check-out took 55 minutes (55!!!!!) as we were again asked to pay the money by multiple different senior people. We declined. We were offered a 30% discount on the meal. We declined. Finally and after much repressed anger they relented and gave us a free scarf to apologise. Horrible experience! Two months have gone by since the experience and my blood pressure is still up!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much for staying at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa.

It is with regret to learn that you found our service did not meet your expectation; we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused especially the food bill that you denial to pay. I am pleased to share that your accommodation was very clearly stated only room charges and breakfast is included and you got the confirmation prior to arrive the hotel as you showed to the staff upon check in.

On the very first day of your arrival, dated 8 Nov 2013, our staff mentioned during the registration process that your room charges & breakfast has already paid and other charges would be on your own account and you sign acknowledged on the registration card.

Whereby, on departure date, our manager met you personally upon learning of your comment with regard of meal charges, she extended the apology of the mis-communication and as good will and gesture of hotel she authorized to not bill you the meal consumption in fact you have to pay what you consumed as explained.

These details however haven’t been outlined to serve as an excuse, but rather as an explanation to shed light into the happenings that we can offer our resident with great memorable experience.

But I am pleased to hear that you overall enjoy the facility and experience our product while the stay in siem reap and we hope to welcome you back at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa again.

Sokvanna HANG
The Management
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Awesome Hotel. I never leave reviews, but I felt I had to this time.

The service was excellent, quality was great, and the breakfast meal was a full buffet with great western food. Look no further and book with confidence. It is close enough to all the happenings, but you can still get a great night sleep. The room, beds and pillows were amazing too. Got a fantastic nights sleep.
Make sure you say hello to the Host Manager Sony. He provided us great customer during our stay. The entire staff was very accommodating.

Room Tip: Book asap.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank timeless115
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiance stayed here for 3 days and would say that the quality and service is really good. The staff are helpful and they speak good English. Special mention to Nimoul who always follows up about our experience during the day and to our driver Mr. Bun in which despite hiring him as a driver also acted as our unofficial tour guide.

The only negative I can say is that the complimentary breakfast menu choice is a bit limited. In addition, we had an exclusive dinner with a traditional dance presentation and it can be better if they are not laughing while dancing.

Overall I'm very pleased with the experience and definitely recommend to my friend and would plan to come back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nino B
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As soon as I saw hotel's lobby and received welkom from the staff I had a good feeling about Borei Angkor. We had a Deluxe room which was a little bit noisy for us, so next day we received without any problem Premier room with a great terrace and outside bath. We stayed 5 nights in this hotel and enjoyed every day by fantastic service provided by hotel's staff, especially kind assistance and help which we received from Mr.Dawind. Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfy bed. We had a great terrace, but it would be nice to have their some sunbeds. Wi-fi worked very well. This hotel has a great location. It takes just 10 min by taxi to get to Angkor Wat. We enjoyed Spa every day. Great price/quality combination. We stayed in this hotel for New Year celebration and did not regret any moment. Whole gala organisation was absolutely amazing!Thank you Borei Angkor for our great time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianna M
Reviewed January 6, 2014

A large and luxurious resort, which took their year end festivities very seriously! The service was unmatched - staff seemed genuinely happy to take care of us and make our stay awesomely comfortable! They took care of all of our needs and requests with such earnestness and competence - from making sure we got perfect rides and wholesome breakfast boxes for our very early morning temple visits to handling our room requests in a timely manner with precision. And they were all so friendly!! On one of the busy days, we wanted them to get a tuk tuk for us to go to the Pub street in the evening, but they couldn't find it... and Tim, the manager we were having a conversation with at the time, just left, got his car and gave us a ride!! For a large hotel like this to give us such brilliantly personalized service is something we could never imagine or expect - I'm grateful to the staff for helping make our stay in Siem Reap so memorable!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple