“Better than expected”

Ranked #39 of 344 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“Better than expected”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Actually I didn’t know what to expect of hotels in Siem Reap as it was my first time in Cambodia. I knew that there would be no view from the hotel but the plan was to spend the entirety of the days outside anyway. The room looked and felt a bit dated but was clean and well kept.

All staffs I met were friendly and in a mood to have a quick chat. Breakfast choices were all right. There is honestly nothing I can complain about. I could not ask for more for the money paid.

Borei Angkor is about 8-10 kilometers from Angkor Wat. But as people here drive very slowly for some reasons, it took me about 15 minutes to get there in zero traffic. The pre-arranged local taxi I used (not associated with the hotel) charged me USD 7 to pick me up from the hotel around 5 A.M., take me to Angkor Wat for photography, sat around waiting for almost three hours and bring me back to the hotel. The charge was per car and not per passenger. I am including this bit of info just for you to have a general idea before you are overcharged by anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to relax after visiting amazing Angkor temples. Very Good poolside. Breakfast buffet is great. The location is a bit far from old market and pub-street. But it takes just a 1$ tuk-tuk ride from the centre.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is merely not located in the downtown. But it takes only 10 minutes by tuk-tuk for 2$ charge. But the hotel itself is comfy and well ocupied along the week. It is well for not being so crowded and not that quiet.

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel for a class and one thing I like the most were the tradisional snacks they served on brrakfast, lunch, and the break time. Its taste is just similar to Indonesian traditional snacks especially Javanese.

But for moslem the variances of halal food foe breakfast is quite limited. For safety, I took egg and fruits for mine. Luckily there are so many fruits especially the tropical one.

Moreover the room is big and clean because of its frequent cleaning. For the rooms face to outside of thehotel, its room is bigger rather than the swimming pool faced hotel. I know it from my another rooms.

When I stayed there, the lobby hotel was under development progres and it redjce the comfortability becauseofitshot air. But I'm sure it's done right now. Then for the leisure, the swimming pool, gym, and sauna were in very good condition.

• Stayed May 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel and booked the Angkor Experience package. Perfect package to enjoy Angkor Wat, although with the private tour you can make adjustments to the recommended itinerary. Suggest you make sure you're informed on the places you want to see and go so you cane make changes if you desire. One criticism would be that our guide didn't inform us of some of the options and failed to give us the heads up that we would be visiting a waterfall where swimming was an option - we arrived at the waterfall but without bathing suits.

The hotel location is perfect and the staff are very friendly and helpful - we found them to be very well spoken and willing to check in with us to ensure our stay was going according to plan.

The rooms are clean and the breakfast is very good - overall, the food, location and staff made the hotel and excellent choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This resort was absolutely fantastic. The moment we arrived we were instantly impressed. The feel and ambience was instant and you new this was going to be good. We booked a land room with heritage world package. We were greeted by a lady named ' Jenny ' who was our personal assistant over our stay. She was so passionate about her work which flowed through. The world heritage package had so many inclusions too many to list check the website. We were so impressed we didn't want to leave, which we have never felt this way before and we are well travelled. So highly recommended / brilliant , you will not be disappointed. Cambodia and it's people are beautiful. Pamela & Ian

Room Tip: The land rooms are best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Vilnius
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A job and services of the all staff of Borei Angor impressed me very much. Care and smiles of them were so natural and lovely! If you wish to feel truly Asian hospitality - stay at Borei Angor. And use all offers from the hotel. There exist a some kind of "one touch" service - ask and get what you need.
Tips and recommendation for sightseeing were very useful and smart. Usually we do not use hotels services for booking of excursion, but Borei Angor hotel was the highest exception!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My stay at Borei Angkor Resort was completely flawless, the hotel is immaculate, the staff is extremely attentive. I have always wanted to go to Cambodia and visit Angkor Wat, staying at the Borei made my stay absolutely perfect. The breakfast buffet was also fantastic, the food selection was vast.
If you are going to visit Angkor Wat, I highly recommend staying at Borei, it is a Five Star resort, about 15 minutes by Tuk Tuk to downtown Siem Riep ($2.00). There is no need to book your tours in advance through an agency; you can arrange everything directly though the hotel, it will definitely save you money. I paid $90 for a private car and guide from 830am to 630pm at night, it was well worth the convenience. I was surprised to find out that everyone in Cambodia accepts USD.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family