“Best service ever.”

Ranked #39 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“Best service ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Borek Angkor makes customer focus the top priority. Everything is done to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The personal pride the staff takes in their job is clearly evident. Of special note was Jenny: personable and professional without over-doing it. Food, common areas, room, pool and spa of the hotel were all top notch. Only small detractor was the shower; it could use an updating. The staff set me up with a driver and guide for the temples and took care of all the details. My guide, Mr. Sim, was nothing short of excellent: knowledgeable, prompt and total professional. He is highly recommended. Siem Reap is an amazing place and the Borei made me want to return soon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Great location, lovely pool would definitely go back. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are huge with a lovely big bath.

You can get the tuk tuk to take you to the temples and they will give you a packed breakfast to take with you for sunrise.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Borei Resort in Sean Reap Cambodia is a must for accommodation, comfort and special attention. The renovations are now complete and it looks amazing. I am always impressed by the boundless hospitality - you ask for something and it happens. The thing that impresses me the most is the amazing international breakfast buffet and the bug free environment. Many hotels and resorts in Sean Reap are overwhelmed by mosquitos so I was relieved by the absence of these bugs at Borei Resort, I’m not sure how they achieve this but I am grateful. The last time I went to Sean Reap I decided to look elsewhere just for something different that was in the city and therefore near the river but I was terribly unimpressed when I was attacked by many mosquitos at the reception desk. That was enough for me to decide to return to Borei Resort. Now, I would not consider any other place. The Resort is not in the heart of the city but it’s only a 10 minute and $2 Tuktuk ride away from Pub Street. That short distance is enough to ensure a quiet, tranquil and bug free environment. I highly recommend the Borei Resort if you’re into special attention, very friendly staff and an opulent atmosphere.

Room Tip: The higher the room the more opulent it is.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lynn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

There's definitely no place like home, but this hotel comes in a close second. Right upon entrance, you're greeted by the very friendly and attentive hosts and hostesses. They really make an effort to try to take care of you as much as they can. I happened to come on a day where they had a buffet dinner and it was absolutely superb. Very nice and clean facilities and the room was exactly as described -I even had a view of the pool which was great since I didn't want my view to be of the city. The staff was very diligent and attentive when I approached them about questions of the city and how to get there. All in all, a very remarkable hotel with an even better staff. I am glad I came here and will stay here again if I ever come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I travel a lot for work and leisure and seldom in my life i have experience such a good service as Borei's.

The staff is amazing, smiley and very professional. The host manager Sony welcomed me and my mother as we were part of the family and drove us to the airport when we left after 4 nights. Bona and Dany helped us in any requests and issues we had, from booking restaurants to hiring an italian speaking guide, from booking a golf course to suggesting where we should have our meals.

I recommend this hotel without any doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mahtomedi, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very attentive staff, excellent pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, cold plunge tub. Wow! Best breakfast we had in our stay in Vietnam and Cambodia--made to order crepes for example. Mr. Dawind was our very friendly and charming roving concierge who arranged everything for us. So good we felt guilty. If you get a chance, stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at Borei for 3 nights, and found the hotel and the service exceptional. Everyone was always smiling and greeting you. The room and the shower were great. The city was only 2 km away, and the hotel had tuk-tuks, which cost $2 to the old market. We had lunch one day at the hotel, and our bill for 4 people was only $70 (very reasonable for a 5 star).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple