“Good hotel, friendly staff”

Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Ranked #38 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel surroundings are quite nice and the rooms are rather large. The only downside is that you may occassionally find some flying insects [including mosquitoes] enter your room. This probably cannot be avoided as I came during the rainy season where there are mosquitoes anywhere you go.

In relation to the staff; they are a warm and professional lot. I would particularly like to thank Dawind who was able to promptly answer my enquiries and organised someone to wash my shoes [which was covered in mud after going on an ATV excursion] even though it is not on the hotel's laundry list. I would also like to thank Rain who picked me up from the airport and organised a tour for me so that my first day wouldnt be wasted.

In conclusion; Borei Angkor was great value for money and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time in this hotel. The service was very good, rooms were clean and comfortable. Free breakfast and massage was awesome. Best place to relax and unwind after a long and tiring day in Angkor wat.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank plmvmc
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel stuff was truly helpful and friendly. Specially one lady from the recepction who after I complained about the tobacco smell in my room, took me right away to two different rooms to chose from. Also, Dawind, a guy in the lobby, was quite helpful, nice and smart with us. He was the only one in the hotel who spoke Spanish and made a great effort in helping us out. The common facilities and buffet breakfast and dinner were excellent. My only complain comes from my room. First room smelled to tobacco, even though is not allowed in the rooms, it was also quite old, you could tell by the bathroom and the wooden works in the room. Other friends stayed in the newly open wind of the hotel, and it was quite beautiful. I suggest a quick renovation of the old areas, since there is a big contrast with the new ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yemig
Reviewed August 26, 2013

An impressive hotel, when we arrived the staff were very helpful, and give a lovely cook drink and 'cake' upon check in.

The room was very spacious, with a king bed, a writing desk and with a veranda (overlooking some old buildings and a grassed area - but were didn't spend anytime out there), a large shower with a huge bath. The pool was huge and very clean, in the morning the pool is pretty empty however it's gets very busy in the afternoon and can be hard to get a pool chair/lounge. There are plenty of chairs and table to sit at around the pool area where you can get drinks and snacks.

Breakfast was included in our package and the food was wonderful and there was so much to choose from; bacon, egg (and egg station), noodle station, fresh make pancakes and crepes, cereal, toast, cereal, croissants and other pastries. The only flaw I could find was the coffee - for us it was too strong and undrinkable.

I used the Mudita Spa and it was first class - they had a special for $50 USD for a two hour treatment that included a body scrub and an massage. When I arrived I received a cold towel and cold tea and once the treatment was completed and I was feeling totally relaxed I was back in the 'waiting area' and there was a hot tea and a warm towel for m.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Period : 2013.08.18 ~2013.08.23 (5days)

I am Korean and an electrical engineer in construction company and I want to visit Angkor Wat on my vacation. The evaluation rate and the location is my concern of selecting the hotel.(I don't like noisy people and group tourists.-crowded place) This hotel located 1.4 Km from old market area. Thus I think there's no people like that. (But you have to take tuktuk ($2 dollars hotel tuktuk) for going to pub street. If you take tuktuk in outside only $1.

The first impression is not good, cause I requested pick me up from the airport to hotel by email (4 days before) but no reply and no car was prepared. (The hotel member told me that only case of the reservation from hotel website only. OMG. www.boreiangkor.com/)

I used to check the place, cause my job is engineer. The Borei Angkor Hotel has a good design and excellent decorations. Some of wall stones are slanted and opened, so you can see inside and outside. And one girl is playing traditional instrument in the lobby.

And I didn't expect that there's a water wall in right place of the Main Hall door.
(Maybe you can's see that.) If you can see it's working, that means the hotel treat you as a VIP.
I just watching it's working and asked to the hotel member and he said there's a VIP is coming.
And the hotel has good facilities, like a internet cafe and glossary store and swimming pool and massage shop.
I really like the pool, even though I am not good at swimming, the water is clean and small water jet can remove the tiredness of your legs. But I think the locker place need to install a curtain. Cause I have to change my clothes in bathroom beside the locker room. (There are a lot of mosquitos in there.)
The massage receptionist can give you towel and locker key.
The massage price is so expensive, so i can't try it.(more than $100).

The room is very clean and it has wooden floor. The airconditioning is good and not so loud.
The lightings are good in dimming.(reflected by cover) And you can find all the supplies in box of bathroom and the water is so hot.

You can request travel schedule inside the lobby.
(Theres a desk in front of the elevatror, near internet cafe)
I don't know about that, cause I joined one Korean man with tuktuk driver.
(You have to choose good taxi diver or tuktuk driver for good tour.)
You have to get the map of Angkor Wat.(beside the desk)
It has a good details and good information.

You can find a good decorations in corridor, embossed carving panel(?) of the legends and statues with decoration right. (You have to know the story of "Churning of ocean" and Apsara(you have to watch the dance) and etc)

I just take breakfast every morning and its really good. I like the noodles and scrambled eggs.(I can choose ingradients.) Bread has good taste and fresh. I take fruits and noodles and scrambled eggs and bread every time. So I think I gain weight.(TT;)

There's a wifi in everywhere in the hotel, but in my room, its not good signal(unstable), so sometimes I go to the lobby and using my IPAD mini and my cellphone. If you check the floor, you can find the receptacles with brass cover. And you can find a private place in hotel lobby. You can watching TV and do something without noise.

The staffs are very kind and giving me a good help. The last day of stay in the hotel, I can leave the baggages (I dont like to bring all the baggages from lunch time to my airflight-midnight) and the hotel serving me a bus to go to the airport.
I bring one cheap cellphone for local calls and I loaded $5 dollars for telecommunication with tuktuk driver, but I just spent $0.25 and I want to transfer to my tuktuk driver. One of staff helping me for a long time, but the telecommunication company's reaction is not working. (It's very complicate.) So I give the simcard to one member in reception desk.

I really enjoyed and had a good experience within this place and members.
The first impression of this hotel is not good but all the things in this hotel is luxary and good and comfort me.

Thanks for your reading.

Info. for massage : In the town there are a lot of massage shops in there. I recommand "Asia Herb Association"(Japanease franchise) near Hyatt.(Gas station -> Hyatt hotel direction 30M, and you can find in your right side. I take three times of massages, its all good.)
or Bodia and curtual village(foot massage). $17~$30/1hour~2hour
If you want to have cheap massage, You can find a lot of places in night market area, one massage shop has a stage with gay show (just singing and dancing) $4/hour.

If there's any wrong things in expression or grammar, be patient with your angel mind.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Dont go 4th floor.(No elevator.) Get a room with pool side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank YangSik_Lee
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First, I think these staff and employees were the nicest of any place we've traveled. The hotel itself was under construction but had a lovely christmas light display which drew a ton of spectators. Interior of the hotel is spotless and classy, glossy woods and tasteful regional touches. Our room was one of the larger singles with the shower/tub on the large balcony. I wanted to just sit out there all day - private enough to use the shower for daily needs. The English is excellent and anything you want, the concierge can make it happen - from renting bikes to organizing your day at Angkor Wat or getting to "town." We ended up reserving a hotel rickshaw to take us to Angkor Wat for 3 hours and the price was just too cheap to believe. Originally we thought we'd ride bikes but it was just too hot.

Definitely check out the spa - the service is amazing and the prices are so low it seems a crime. The pool is really nice too. The breakfast and dinner buffets were very nicely laid out, attractive and service was good. I ordered room service once and that was also very good. The housekeeping service deserves an award as I could not find a piece of dust in our whole room. They also refreshed our bowl of fruit everyday.

If you're squeamish about geckos/lizards this is not the place for you - lots of them all over the grounds/walls and a couple in our room. I liked them and figure they help with spider control.

Angkor Wat was amazing - and thats probably why youre here, so go and take your time, also take water. Siem Reap was interesting but kind of grubby and depressing. Everyone uses USD. We ate street food and survived.

We took a four wheeler ride around the country side that was the highlight of the stay.

Room Tip: request one of the ones with the tub and shower on the balcony, i think they are on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sigmawest
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at the Borei for four nights in June and could not have been more impressed with the hotel and its staff. After arriving late in the evening after an exhausting 13 hour bus trip from Saigon, we were shown into a “check in lounge” and treated to complimentary tea and cake. Although it was late in the evening, the restaurant and its staff were extremely accommodating in providing us with a late evening snack. Despite only booking a “basic” room, the room itself was large and well-appointed with a balcony over-looking the pool and providing excellent views over Siem Reap (good for watching storms too!).
The breakfast selection was excellent and vast with various food “stations” cooking food to order (the Drambuie chocolate and mango pancakes were our particular favourite). We usually sat outside overlooking the beautiful pool. The hotel is situated just off the busy main road into Siem Reap but once inside the hotel you quickly forget how close you are. At the time that we were staying they were undertaking renovations to the main entrance but not once did this disturb us or cause any disruption and the hotel did an excellent job of keeping up their high standards while this was going on.
The hotel was about a 20 minute walk into Siem Reap, although the first part is along a busy road without pavements so it’s easier just to get a tuk-tuk into town – this only cost $2. We also hired a private tuk-tuk through the hotel for two days to tour around Angkor Wat. This was excellent value for money and our driver Mr John was really helpful and informative – we would definitely recommend this as an affordable and fun way to visit the entire site.
The pool at the hotel was clean and peaceful and exactly what we needed after a long, hot day exploring the temples and we never had any problems getting a sunbed.
Above all we felt thoroughly relaxed and pampered at the Borei and that it was fantastic value for money. We’ve never experienced such good service where staff constantly rush to open doors for you or bow to you every time they pass you in the hotel. We were offered a free airport transfer when leaving the hotel and as we were about to pull away, a member of staff rushed to the car to wrap some beautiful silk scarves around our necks as leaving gifts. I’m sure they do this for everyone was but it was touching nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple