“Had good experiences”

Ranked #37 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Had good experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great place to say.. Great value. From the owner to the staffs are friendly. If you are looking for place that give you a great experience in term of traditional 5 stars hotel, this is the place. You will get what you expect, You can find a great wooden interior design which bring a completely different set of experience for accommodation..

1 Thank Pisaltep

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (847)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were at Siem reap in July 2013 for a 3 night stay. i cannot fault this lovely hotel. At $55 a night including breakfast, it offers spectacular value. The rooms are nice and comfortable. However, I think the hotel must be close to some wooded area (forest). Very often we would find small creatures, beetles and insects in our room, it did not bother us much anyways :) . The service was outstanding from the front office and the bell boys. The Old Market/Pub Street is just a $2 TUK TUK ride away. The Angkor Archeological complex is about 20 mins away. The hotel does have a lovely pool and a fitness centre which we did not make use of. Oh did I mention that the price included complimentary airport transfers (both ways). All in all a great stay and I would recommend this hotel to every one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Trying to decide where to stay in a place you will visit the first time is quite a challenge. You rely on other people's referral. That is what I did and decided to book here. Am glad it met my expectations and more. Quite happy with the happy, friendly and attentive people.

We arrived late in the evening and after checking in we were quite tired from the trip so we decided to just eat in the hotel restaurant. The Borei cafe was closing in half an hour but they still accommodated us and we experienced fine service and great food was served to hungry travelers. We never felt rushed to eat our food because they were closing. We spent over an hour and leisurely enjoyed our food.

The trip was to celebrate two of my friends' birthday and I requested for a cake and they responded possitively.

I found the breakfast buffet really yummy! Tried their local food and came back for it everyday especially the nom banch chok and lok lak.

Special thanks to Dawind (hope I got his name right) for all his assistance esp for getting us those yummy tamarind candies! Truly appreciate him going out of his way!

My friends and I enjoyed our stay in Borei Angkor and I hope we can come back soon!

Reigate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was travelling to see the temples on my own after taking the train and bus from bangkok. It was a joy to arrive here after the long journey and I was made to feel very welcome by all the staff. As a single female traveller I also felt very safe, particularly after booking the sunrise at Angkor wat and coming down at half 4 in the morning to reception to be the only person. After initially looking surprised to see me, the chap on reception drove me there and had someone waiting for me afterwards. Great service. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, get a room overlooking the pool for a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast brilliant and the free massage a must. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly stay again. Thanks to jasmine and Darwin (spelling?!) and my tuk tuk driver for 3 days Mr Poeung (hotel tuk tuk number 2).

2 Thank Flan B
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Borei Angkor resort and spa. We were a large group (more than 10), and I communicated with the hotel via email a couple of days prior to arrival about arranging the rooms prior as well as our tour the following day. Pick up from the airport was on time. They sent two big vans for our group. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by very courteous and warm staff. I would like to mention Dawind, who did an excellent job assigning our rooms, even upgrading some of us to rooms with a pool view. He also arranged the tour for the following morning and he even got to memorize our names. Lobby looks new and modern. My boyfriend and I stayed at the landmark room. Room is ok, clean but looks dated. It also has a woodsy smell to it which is understandable as everything is from wood. I would say the quality of the room is for a four star hotel at the most. Breakfast is decent. Pool is nice. But what really stands out is the service. location of the hotel is not far from the temples of angkor archeological park. Also its about a 10 minute tuktuk ride to the night market and pub street area. There is also a convenience store nearby. We are highly recommending this hotel. Very good value for your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris l
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I travelled around SE Asia for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved this hotel. The service was wonderful, they upgraded us to honeymoon suite and we felt like royalty. We can't say enough! Next time we make it to Siem Reap we won't stay any where else. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lindsay P
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

To set expectations, this is a reasonable 3.5-4* hotel. A decent hotel if you have this standard in mind. Nice room with a good breakfast. Reasonable pool and spa facilities (massages very expensive at $40 compared to $5-8 in town).

They made us a very nice cake for one of our party's birthdays and the service all round was very good. Staff were very friendly.

One point which I wasn't happy about was when we arrived at the hotel, only 2 out of 5 bags had arrived at the airport). I informed the hotel but they did not seem too bothered about this. I would have appreciated more concern and to help us out. additionally, price in restaurant was quite expensive.

$2 into town and many Tuk-Tuks around. Not far from Angkor Wat either. Not much in the immediate surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Anon100001,

Greetings from the Kingdom of wonders!
I trust that you and your friends returned home safe and sound. Allow me to first of all express my gratitude, on behalf of the entire team at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, for choosing us to stay with. With that opportunity, we were able to take care of you while visiting Siem Reap and the Angkor complex. Thank you so very much for your kind consideration.

I am very upset that our team members have failed to pay good attention when you needed their assistance and services the most with regard to the luggage. Thank you for pointing this isolated incident out, so that we could learn from that. Most importantly, such a behaviour should not be repeated at any area within our resort. We will conduct and refresh our in house training program so that our staff could understand their role as the attentive and effective service provider, so others residents will not experience such an incident again.

On the other hand, my finding is that any lost luggage reported at the airport, ticket/recipe will be issued to the owner. At the resort our staff will do everything possible to assist the guests, we will work with the airport authority on the guest behalf but we must follow their procedures. In your case, we have been informed that the owner of the luggage must come personally to their lost and found department and bring along the passport and the given receipt - when luggage were reported lost. On the arrival day, you did the temple tour whole day after requesting us to help. We could not assist you in a timely manner since we did not have your passport and the ticket, and eventually we convinced the airport to give the luggage without you physically visiting their lost and found department. However, I an terribly sorry that our best did not meet your expectation.

At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you and our readers about our price strategies. I have to agree with you that we are indeed more expensive than some of the establishments in town especially to the ones on the road side in the Siem Reap, but we have remained very competitive compared to those whose quality is similar or more superior. Each and every of our 350 staff received language training, skill trainings, on the job training, competitive salary and benefit with paid annual leave, public holiday, and one day off per week, and many other basic benefit which offered by others five stars properties in the area.
I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences that may have caused with regards to the price issue at our property.

We do value every single guest comment. We do appreciate your time in sharing with us. We strongly believe that we can only become better when we know what we have not done so well.

Very best of health,