“five star service”

Ranked #40 of 345 Hotels in Siem Reap
Boston, Massachusetts
“five star service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Borei Angkor resort and spa. We were a large group (more than 10), and I communicated with the hotel via email a couple of days prior to arrival about arranging the rooms prior as well as our tour the following day. Pick up from the airport was on time. They sent two big vans for our group. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by very courteous and warm staff. I would like to mention Dawind, who did an excellent job assigning our rooms, even upgrading some of us to rooms with a pool view. He also arranged the tour for the following morning and he even got to memorize our names. Lobby looks new and modern. My boyfriend and I stayed at the landmark room. Room is ok, clean but looks dated. It also has a woodsy smell to it which is understandable as everything is from wood. I would say the quality of the room is for a four star hotel at the most. Breakfast is decent. Pool is nice. But what really stands out is the service. location of the hotel is not far from the temples of angkor archeological park. Also its about a 10 minute tuktuk ride to the night market and pub street area. There is also a convenience store nearby. We are highly recommending this hotel. Very good value for your money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kris l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I travelled around SE Asia for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved this hotel. The service was wonderful, they upgraded us to honeymoon suite and we felt like royalty. We can't say enough! Next time we make it to Siem Reap we won't stay any where else. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lindsay P
London
Reviewed July 10, 2013

To set expectations, this is a reasonable 3.5-4* hotel. A decent hotel if you have this standard in mind. Nice room with a good breakfast. Reasonable pool and spa facilities (massages very expensive at $40 compared to $5-8 in town).

They made us a very nice cake for one of our party's birthdays and the service all round was very good. Staff were very friendly.

One point which I wasn't happy about was when we arrived at the hotel, only 2 out of 5 bags had arrived at the airport). I informed the hotel but they did not seem too bothered about this. I would have appreciated more concern and to help us out. additionally, price in restaurant was quite expensive.

$2 into town and many Tuk-Tuks around. Not far from Angkor Wat either. Not much in the immediate surrounding area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Anon100001,

Greetings from the Kingdom of wonders!
I trust that you and your friends returned home safe and sound. Allow me to first of all express my gratitude, on behalf of the entire team at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, for choosing us to stay with. With that opportunity, we were able to take care of you while visiting Siem Reap and the Angkor complex. Thank you so very much for your kind consideration.

I am very upset that our team members have failed to pay good attention when you needed their assistance and services the most with regard to the luggage. Thank you for pointing this isolated incident out, so that we could learn from that. Most importantly, such a behaviour should not be repeated at any area within our resort. We will conduct and refresh our in house training program so that our staff could understand their role as the attentive and effective service provider, so others residents will not experience such an incident again.

On the other hand, my finding is that any lost luggage reported at the airport, ticket/recipe will be issued to the owner. At the resort our staff will do everything possible to assist the guests, we will work with the airport authority on the guest behalf but we must follow their procedures. In your case, we have been informed that the owner of the luggage must come personally to their lost and found department and bring along the passport and the given receipt - when luggage were reported lost. On the arrival day, you did the temple tour whole day after requesting us to help. We could not assist you in a timely manner since we did not have your passport and the ticket, and eventually we convinced the airport to give the luggage without you physically visiting their lost and found department. However, I an terribly sorry that our best did not meet your expectation.

At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to share with you and our readers about our price strategies. I have to agree with you that we are indeed more expensive than some of the establishments in town especially to the ones on the road side in the Siem Reap, but we have remained very competitive compared to those whose quality is similar or more superior. Each and every of our 350 staff received language training, skill trainings, on the job training, competitive salary and benefit with paid annual leave, public holiday, and one day off per week, and many other basic benefit which offered by others five stars properties in the area.
I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences that may have caused with regards to the price issue at our property.

We do value every single guest comment. We do appreciate your time in sharing with us. We strongly believe that we can only become better when we know what we have not done so well.

Very best of health,

Nara Thon
Nashville
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stop looking for the ideal hotel at the ideal price. I know how long that takes, because I have spent many a travel day doing online research about hotels instead of enjoying the one I'm in! This place is more than ideal. The chefs prepare an enormous breakfast buffet that is second to none. The staff will remember your name and treat you like a friend. The $9 Sunset Cocktail Special, on the 4th floor (the Privilege Floor), with an all you an eat array of snack's prepared by their chef's, is enough to provide an evening meal, while you look out at the sun setting over Siem Reap. If I started naming the names of all the people who were kind and lovely to us there, it would take a page or two, so I'll just say that, while it takes a lot of internet research to find a great place at a great price in Siem Reap, you can't always believe the pictures, and often, places that look good online are noisy and low quality. At Borei Angkor, you get unbeatable quality in the rooms, a quiet haven away, a lovely pool, a beautiful yet affordable spa, and amazing food. It takes a long time to research the ideal hotel at the ideal price, but only a second to book Borei Angkor and let the relaxation begin.

Room Tip: I've stayed here many times, and liked all the rooms, but for the best view, ask for one overloo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank JanaBananaNashville
Tannum Sands, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were a group of 7 staying at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, we were here to celebrate my 50th birthday, my husband along with the staff made my birthday dinner so special. The chef even made my cake look like my purse, because I love to shop. How cool. Our waiter on the night, I'm calling him SUPERMAN, (can't spell his name and that's what we called him) he was exceptional, never was there a time when our glasses were empty, the whole team worked hard to ensure we had a night to remember.

The décor in the hotel is so beautiful, the staff were all extremely helpful and very professional at all times. We got some lessons in there native language and we tried to use it as much as we could to give them a laugh...

The food was amazing, the buffet breakfast had everything you could ask for and the menu for the pool bar was delicious as well.

We organized a trip out to the temples with them and it all went without a hitch, for the 7 of us in our own van with a guide for the day only cost $90. After exploring and heading back to the van, there were always cold drinks and lovely cold towels. Ahhhh, they were good, both our driver Mr. Chang and guide (of who's name has just escaped me) they were both very informative and extremely professional. We had a day to remember, stopping to see the monkeys, having an elephant ride and at times stressing our guide out.... He told us not to loose our pass for the temples. Well we left them in the van, aaaaaaaaannnnd the van left. Ooooops, we laughed and so did he.

The rooms were decorated beautifully and the beds were great to sleep on.

We had free massages in our package, the girls in the Spa were exceptional, we had to go back for more.
We headed down to Pub St. and had a great time down there, only $2 for a Tuk Tuk ride and the drivers organized to pick us up at a certain point in the street which was great.

I would definitely recommend this beautiful resort to anyone and I'm really keen to return for more than 3 days

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just spent 5 nights in this hotel and we were greeted by Alex at the airport with 2 beautiful pikake hand leis. When we got to the hotel he reviewed our itinerary and the tours that were set up for us. When we arrived to our room we were pleasantly surprised with a very good bottle of champagne and a decorated bed with rose petals that said "welcome". We had a private driver every day so it was fabulous. Our English speaking tour guide was excellent and very knowledgeable. The lounge supplied endless drinks and appetizers from 5-7pm every night. This was included in our package. This is also were we had complimentary breakfast every morning. The staff went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and special. Always remembered your names. In the evenings we called on our driver to take us to the night market to shop for souvenirs, etc. Pub Street in the market is full of restaurants and shops. The room was very nice. If you like A/C it definitely works :0). On our last night we were graciously upgraded by Alex to their Royal Suite and which there are only 2 of them. The room had a huge jacuzzi tub, sauna, steam room, living, dining and full kitchen. It was absolutely beautiful. Every night we were at the hotel we were surprised with either a local bottle of wine or fruit basket. My husband even got in 2 rounds of golf and I did the spa (which was also included in our package - not the golf). So to some it up, we were pleased with everything. On our departure night, Alex let us stay in our room until 7pm and then took us to the airport personally with our driver and gave us 2 beautiful scarves to leave with. Both my husband and I would recommend this hotel to any of our friends. The people of Cambodia are very sweet.

Room Tip: There are different packages so it caters to every type of traveller.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele P
boston
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. Since we only paid $58 per night we thought it wouldn't be that great. But it was very nice.

Pro's -
Best breakfast buffet of entire trip, noodles, crepe bar, omlete bar, very frsh fruit and breads, etc...
Nice grounds
Excellent service
Price is exception value - included free massage, fruit and airport transfers.
Personnel for airport transfers were SUPERB
Room Service quick and very good food
Nice amenities in bathroom, travel toothbrush, razor etc...

Cons -
Some things just didn't work well, knobs, drawers, key to get in room

Would highly recommend this Hotel. It is $2 tuk tuk to Pub Street and nice to be away from that chaos. Price is unbeatable. For that price you expect much less so was very pleased and will stay there again if we return. Stayed in many Hotels over 3 weeks and this was the best value and comfort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear 46countries,

A very warm greeting from all of us at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa!
On behalf of the entire team members, I would love to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have been very pleased for given opportunity to take care of you while you were in the kingdom.

We thank you so very much for taking your time to share with us and our readers about what we have done so well so we can continue to do that for other residents, and the things that we did not do that so well so we could improve. We really appreciate the pro-s and con-s which you have pointed out. I do apologise that some of our room amenities and facilities did not meet your requirement.

We look forward to welcoming you and your love ones back to our resort in the very near future.

Very best,