Nice, big hotel with super friendly staff. We were upgraded to the suite on the privilege floor when we checked in, which was very nice. The room is spacious, and it has a large balcony with a swing bed to enjoy the sunset (maybe?). However it was too hot outside we never really used the balcony.
During our stay we had a "personal assistant", Wattana. He was very nice and always made sure we were enjoying ourselves and had whatever we needed in our room whenever he saw us. Also on our first night, upon my request, he was able to make dinner reservations for us with only a couple of hours' notice.
The privilege floor was nicely decorated. They have their own lounge so the guests here can enjoy a more private atmosphere (rather than sharing the facility with the rest of hotel). However the breakfast buffet here was much more limited we ended up having breakfast at the main Cafe on the ground floor anyway.
Tropicana bar by the pool was nice. Drinks were reasonably priced for a hotel like this ($3-5/drink), especially with happy hour specials (50% wine, beers, juices, and CERTAIN cocktails). We notice they were often understaffed and were not so sure of what cocktails were included in the happy hour specials. They normally only had 1 bartender and 1 waiter when we were there. Our drinks took a while and so did other small stuff we asked for (menus, bills, ashtrays...). Oh and they do have a live band (2 people) there for entertainment.
We did not use the spa services so no comment there. However we did take a tour and it looked beautiful.
The construction did not make too much noise. It did very much disturb my afternoon nap on our last day.
Free wifi, but the signal was weak in our room on the 4th floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aptly named after ‘a territory of Angkor’ in Cambodian, Borei Angkor Resort & Spa – a truly Cambodian five-star hotel – is set right in the center of Siem Reap, where privacy and connectivity blend together to form a perfect base for exploring the “Kingdom of Wonder.” Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is ideally situated within 7 km from airport, 7 km from Angkor Wat, and within 5 minutes’ drive of the main shops center, Night Market, restaurants and bars – Pub Street and other town attractions in Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Borei Angkor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borei Angkor Hotel Siem Reap
- Borei Angkor Resort And Spa
- Borei Angkor Siem Reap