“Great!”

Ranked #39 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
Vancouver, Canada
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We got to Siem Reap early morning and was greeted by our staff for our airport transfer at the airport. We could not check in yet as it was only 930am so we booked a tour at the hospitality desk for someone to take us around. The girl at the desk was helpful in helping us plan our itinerary. We went out for the day and came back late afternoon to check in. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The only complaint I have is the while it is decorated nicely, some things were just not practical (ie shampoo/bath jars were slippery to hold in the showers and I did not want to break it, etc). But these are small things. They said they upgraded our room, but I'm not really sure what the upgrade was as it looked like what I had booked. Breakfast was good. We also got a free dinner with our booking and that was quite good as well. All in all, it was a good place to relax in after a long day out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Unfortunately we only had chance to stay one night at this lovely hotel in Siem Reap. We were told that it probably does not come up to the standard of other five star hotels but I disagree.My experience travelling with my husband as part of a group at this hotel was far superior to that at the Shangri La in Bangkok.
Remember that Siem Reap is a developing town and Cambodia is very different to a sophisticated Bangkok.
The hotel is centrally located, close to many shops.
Our room with a balcony facing the pool was large, clean and had an enormous bed which was very comfortable. The plumbing worked fine and the water was hot. We had a buffet meal prepared for us by the pool. Plenty of choice and the food clearly labelled.The meat was a little tough but the enchanting setting made up for any shortcomings.The trees were lit up and everything was very twinkly The Irish manager came by and was receptive to our comments.
I swam in the large pool next day and loved the whole ambience of the place. Shame we had to move on.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lindylou49
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is one of the best hotel in Siem Reap!..Good service, clean hotel and good breakfast. Actually we are so happy staying into this hotel that I´m speechless..110% satisfied!!..Since before making a reservation, they answered all my question and information...They have a very good airport transport and everybody was so kind helping our needs..One thing I would like to inform everybody who is visiting Cambodia for the first time..If you are coming with US dollars cash money..You dont need to change it into the bank for the local currency because everything is quoted into US dollars even the tuk tuk..And if you think that you are in South East Asia and everything is cheap..You are wrong because Cambodia is not a cheap country.....everything is US dollars!!!...

Room Tip: High floor with a swimming pool view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FSE777
Mississauga,Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The rooms were clean, the Spa was wonderful - especially the people working at the Spa were truly amazing with their service.
We Stayed for 4 nights and 5 days - the staff at the restaurant and bar were truly great - very respectful, and was able to make vegetarian food for us that was truly amazing.

It was a great stay, and we would love to go back to the resort again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have balconies and are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antaara
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had another opportunity to visit Siem Reap/Angkor Wat and returned to stay at Borei Angkor from December 27-29. This was my 3rd time staying at Borei Angkor. I was picked up at the airport by Mr. Rain of Borei Angkor with a great smile and when arrived at the hotel, I received a warm welcome, felt like at home, by the front desk, and to my surprise the Manager, Mr. Tim, came out to greet me with a smile. Eventhough it was a busy holiday season but I was upgraded to the concierge floor and the room was super nice. After resting in the room, a room service came with a complimentary sparkling champage (sent by Mr. Tim). In the evening, I visited the Spa and was greeted by Ms. Vannay, with a smile and friendly attitude. Lastly, the renovation of the main lobby is almost completed with the inside front lobby finished (brand new and beautiful lobby) so there were no problem with the construction noise.
I am happy with the stay and highly recommended to other travellers!
Thien Tran
California USA

Room Tip: Concierge Floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CaliSmile714
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

One of the best hotels in Siem Reap. Our stay was very comfortable, the hotel was clean, exhibiting warmness. The staff was very attentive to all our needs, very respectful and smiling, and courteous. The service was very good. Easy to deal in all aspects. Very close to the market area of the city (5 mins in a Tuk-Tuk). The food was good, but few vegetarian offerings. The internet connectivity was good, but little slow. Swimming pool neat and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shali V
Westborough, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have just returned from a great trip to Cambodia and Thailand and I am anxious to get some thoughts down before I fall into a deep sleep and forget! While we loved Siem Reap and had a terrific guide our accommodations fell a bit short. First off when we arrived there was a lot of confusion regarding our booking which we did months before we arrived. In fact, I had called via skype and spoke with the manger directly and still we did not have the four rooms we had reserved. To the hotel's credit they did switch our room but only after they told us the hotel was "overbooked" and yet somehow, miraculously the room next to ours with the king bed we reserved became available in minutes of our complaining. Good thing too because as my husband attempted to open a drawer and unpack in the first room the hardware flew off the drawer and across the room. And yet the old room, the new room, our boy's room and our friends room all had the distinct odor of pee. We intended to stay for 3 nights but changed our flights and headed to Bangkok early!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stefanie B
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Stefanie B,

A warm greeting from Cambodia!
Happy New Year to you and your family!

On be behalf of the entire team, I do apologize for what happened to you while checking in at our resort.

Same time, we do appreciate for taking your time to share your experience with our readers. We have learnt a great deal out of that. We definitely will do whatever we could to prevent those mistakes from happening again in the future.

We have also just learnt from your friend about the experience that you have gone through. We did fail to give you the best first impression upon arrival; and we were not able to offer good service while you were staying with us.

However, after conducting a full investigation, I strong disagree that our rooms smell like pee. And if it did you should never pay for that. I personally and immediately would bring that to the manager's attention as soon as I detected that within the first minute. I respect your decision not to agree to be checked-in to the wrong type of rooms requested, and I do about the smell.

Allow me to share with you that this nature of the mistake is rare to occur within our establishment, but it did happen to you. We are very sorry that we were not able to enhance your once in a lifetime experience while staying with us and visiting the Kingdom of Wonders.

Should you, in the future, decide to revisit Cambodia again, please give us a second chance to prove that you were not wrong to pick us in the first place.

Once again, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a very happy new year.

With best wishes of the season,
Nara Thon