“The Best Hotel I have ever stayed”

Ranked #38 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed in many hotels (100+) and I can said is that this 5 star hotel at a 3 star price is the best I have ever stayed. Easy check-in, friendly staffs, nice environment and clean. But what I like to commend is the extra service that they rendered.

We were on a photography trip and we left the hotel at around 4.30am each morning for shooting sunrise, so we can't have my complimentary breakfast in the hotel. However, the Asst Concierge Manager arranged to have our breakfast packed in a box before we leave for our sunrise shooting.

We ate our breakfast while we were waiting in the lobby for our driver and tour guide, the staffs walked past us and immediately brought a bottle of water for us. A minute later, the front manager also brought another bottle of water. It was so touching.

Well Done, your service level has surpass many international well known hotel.

2  Thank Allan T
There are newer reviews for Borei Angkor Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed 5 nights on an extended package deal averaging about US$115 per night with free laundry, one dinner and wifi. We were given one suite with a king size bed and a connecting room with 2 single beds. The dinner was sumptous with beef, prawns, fish, chicken and rice. There was free airport transfer too. Only disappointment was that they didn't have bicycle rental. But tuk tuk at US$2 per trip was reasonable. However as the hotel was not far from town, we walked there for some trips.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank tanjongkatong
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Thank you very much taking the time to write and express your satisfaction with our
Services. Though, such correspondence is always highly motivating our team especially on food & beverage. I have made a special note of the bicycle rental for which we can simply help to organize one

With my personal regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We recently stayed here for 6 nights and would thoroughly recommend this hotel, a truly 5 star experience. The staff were so helpful and were always willing to share their knowledge. The hotel is beautiful and the buffet breakfast delicious with a high quality of food and choices on offer to suit different tastes. If you walked passed the staff or were in the lift at any time they would always ask how you were and were able to speak English to a high standard. We also had room service and ordered food around the poolside. The food was always delicious. There are some really comfortable and quite unique sitting areas around the hotel and the pub on the 4th floor is worth a visit. We spent a few days on tours and a few days relaxing around the pool and enjoyed our time and would highly recommend the hotel. Cambodia is a true gem and well worth the visit for the culture and the people. The Borei Angkor is a very special place and we would return.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stanthetan

Thank you very much taking the time to express your satisfaction with our Services and facilities. I am gratifying that Borei Angkor Resort & Spa played some part in your enjoyment during the visit to Siem Reap - Cambodia
With my personal regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Travelling for 5 weeks around SE Asia and this was my favourite hotel. The rooms and facilities were great. The breakfast was stunning. The staff were amazing.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice
1  Thank Tamara C
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with us and I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words to our team, especially to the food and beverage staff.

It is gratifying that Borei Angkor Resort & Spa played some part in your enjoyment in Cambodia and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back home very soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed just two nights at this hotel, but wanted to stay longer. The service is excellent, the staff goes out of their way to make your stay complete. The rooms are beautiful, the hotel is huge with several restauranta, a nice bar, great pool area. We did not have the time to try the spa. Breakfast buffee was amazing.
Only negative comment we can give is directed to the mosquitos, they had great fun eating at us. Our room was mosquitofree :-)

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We expected a bit better for USD157 per night, half-board.

Complimentary airport transfers were on time; check-in was smooth, and we received the "we've upgraded you..." line. The upgrade speech though, may have been an attempt to placate us in advance over the nightly dog howling, noisy locals, rock-hard beds, patheticly soft pillows, virtually non-existant internet, and low pressure shower which splayed water everywhere but on the body.

Location is a bit out of town, with nowhere to walk to.

Food wasn't good. Check-in staff extolled the virtues of the breakfast buffet which, apparently is "one of the best around". There is quite a selection, but most of the hot items were cold, and I've never seen Eggs Benedict consisting of a rock-hard poached egg, just sitting on a piece of toast with no hollandaise sauce. Cold cuts were really low quality processed meat, and one of the slices of cheese was mouldy. Restaurant staff were a little surly.

The half-board option was a mistake for us. You can choose lunch or dinner, and you will be offered the same set menu which contains 4 optional sets (2x "Western" and 2x "Khmer"). If you're lucky, there will be a buffet for dinner, including mashed potato, but not any seafood.

The hotel seems popular with Korean tour groups.

Plus points were, everything looked nice, and it seemed clean.

We only had two nights, which was enough.

It isn't 5 star.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hang S, General Manager at Borei Angkor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for taking the time to comment on our services/facilities during your recent stay with us.

It is with regret to learn, that you found our facilities and services not to be up to standard and we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Borei Angkor Resort & Spa is known in the market place as best competitive price offering to our guest comparing to 5 star hotels in siem Reap.

Thus, I have made a special note of the points mentioned which did not meet with your approval, and allow me to share for future travelers, Siem Reap province is know a best tourist destination, there are big group from various countries who interested to explore the world best known temple which they do have a almost every day an early tour. Mostly, the group will need to come for an early breakfast that you may find a bit busy. Anyhow we are open late breakfast till 10am, our resident host team are always there to assist.

It is regretful that I cannot do enough to recover back the service, facilities you have found during the stay, and I would have done by all means if I had known of the said matter while you stay with us.

Truly yours.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Recently stayed 4 nights at the Borei Angkor as part of the standard tourist itinerary to see the Angkor area.

The hotel is beautiful and nicely tucked away from the major street outside.

I had a really special time on my trip. Cambodia is a special place and all the ruins are amazing. If you are reading this review you are at least thinking of going. My advice - do it!

Key Points:

- Some of the best service which I have ever experienced. Staff were available by email and skype before I arrived to answer questions. Check in was smooth. The hotel organized my guide and driver, both of whom were excellent. I can't think of a single time that a staff member failed to give me a genuine smile and a sincere hello. Basically, everyone I interacted with at the hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful.

- Hotel provided a driver from and to the hotel. My flight was delayed several times and it was great to have somebody waiting for me when I arrived. It is about 10 minutes from airport to the hotel.

- The hotel itself is beautiful. "French Colonial" is how I would describe the style. Lots of nice places to sit in comfortable chairs and just relax. Nice pool area and a decent gym.

- Huge buffet breakfast was included in my package. Massive selection of good food with a nice ambiance.

- Another reviewer mentioned having to pay extra for WiFi. That wasn't the case with me as it was included with my room. Plus the broadband speed was very good.

Tips:

- The hotel staff are there to help. If you have questions before or during your trip, just ask.

- Get a guide. It is certainly possible to visit all the sights on your own and read about them independently. However, for most people this is a once in a lifetime trip. Pay the extra money and get a guide. My guide was absolutely passionate about the history and details of each site. In addition, he taught me so much about Cambodian history, politics, food, social customs, etc. I would have missed out on a lot of things without him.

- Getting around Siem Reap is easy. A tuk tuk to the main restaurant area and market is $2. And tuk tuks are EVERYWHERE.

- The hotel had a beautiful Christmas/New Year scene decorating the front of the hotel for the holidays. If you are there during that season, take some time at night to hang out there. Beautiful for pictures but, more importantly, lots of local people come to hang out and take their own pictures. I met all sorts of interesting Cambodians just by being out there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo